No announcement yet.

Cluster Swap Issues...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOH YEAH! I love figuring things out on my own and finding solutions!

Update: Everything is now working on the cluster in perfect order!

Figured out the problem with the tach...The needle was getting caught on the cluster face between 0-3000 rpms because the hold for the needle stopper was located closer to the 0 on my blue cluster faces than it was on the grey ones. This caused the underside of needle stopper to hit the illumination plastic behind it, curving the left side of the face towards the driver.

Once I realised this mistake rather than making a new hole i just cut off the back of the needle stopper and glued it to the front of the tach face right by the 0 so now the face lays flush and the needle moves freely!

Only thing left to do for personal insurance is borrow a gps and recalibrate the car at 100km/h

Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys!
    Originally posted by Paradis
    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Great stuff man. Glad your problemo is a fixed!
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Thanks Chris!

Comment

Also, For people who will use this thread as a reference in the future.

How to fix your Trip Odometer:

If your small trip odormeter ever gets stuck on a certain number and you can no longer push the stick making it go back to 0000:

-Remove the cluster
          -Peel the bottom of your speedo up
          -Make sure that the spring portion of the push stick is in it's right slot
          -Either push or pull the stick forward or backward untill it slips back into place

I'll take a picture of this when I get a chance because I have a second cluster which is now completely open. But underneith the gauge face should be 2 white peices of plastic sticking up. If part of the black push stick is not inbetween those 2 peices of white plastic you will not be able to push "reset" the trip odometer.

Comment

two things might be the problem
            1. turn the leds 180degrees. its a directional bulb and only works one way. 2. you might need to modify the speedo/tach connectors as different year clusters on the r32 were slightly different.

OR you just got ripped off and bought a cluster someone handed to a kid who manually played with the needles and broke something internally
            FWD = Fukin Wont Drift

Comment

If you read some of my other posts, i just swapped the gauge faces and had some trouble with the needles in the process. but everything is good now.

And as for the led's i figured out that they were 180 and switched them around, that was an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
              X