Code 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 21

I was driving to work this morning and made it 4kms away from my house and my car started sputtering so I depressed the clutch and it died, when I released the clutch again the car began sputtering again till it died.

Got it to a parking lot checked to make sure I had all the plugs attached because I was checking the spark plugs the night before. Looked around everything was still attached so I put the car in the on position and tested the tps to male sure it was firing the injectors were firing and they we're.

I then went to the ecu and pulled code 21 (ignition signal) so I thought it was the ignitor but tested it in my buddies car and it was working.

So that brings me to where I am now having a busted car so I need some help. Ive read on various sites then it might be the ECCS or ignition signal relay behind the ecu. Any ideas?

did you try the one from buddies car in your car? May not be a bad ignitor but more along the lines of a bad connection or broken wire

Comment

Originally posted by BrianV8 View Post
      did you try the one from buddies car in your car? May not be a bad ignitor but more along the lines of a bad connection or broken wire
      No didn't try his just took my ignitor to his place and tried on his car. Cant get him to come and let me check if it's a relay or something at my car because he says it will mess up his tune so only way to check is just start buying parts and see what works :'(

Comment

lol thats the most horrible excuse ever.

Comment

I think i got my problem figured out. After reading this - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...s2-wont-start/ - It seems the guy had similar problems where he took off his timing cover and installed the CAS without reinstalling the timing cover. Seems the space is critical to the CAS, i'm currently taking it apart, il post back soon.
          Last edited by Like_A_Sum_Bootay; 06-15-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Like_A_Sum_Bootay; 06-15-2011, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X