Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 92 gts-t running 12psi boost. i have got he BCPR6EIX-11 NGK plugs i was wondering is you knew what gap they should be set at. i hear its very important

Comment

0.8MM if your running over 10psi
      '91 skyline gtst

Comment

Sweet man thanks. just putting them in now

Comment

anyone know when the timing belt needs to be changed? (how many kms)

also, what else needs replacing at that time? (eg. water pump, gaskets, etc.)

thanks
          1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
          1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post

thanks
            +1, i also need to know..
            White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
            "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

water pump should be done same time as water pump to be safe. i believe its every 100k? i could be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by GavinJohnson View Post
                water pump should be done same time as water pump to be safe. i believe its every 100k? i could be wrong though
                Do you mean timing belt same time as water pump?
                Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Originally posted by caldwell
                  I have a 92 gts-t running 12psi boost. i have got he BCPR6EIX-11 NGK plugs i was wondering is you knew what gap they should be set at. i hear its very important
                  The "-11" in the NGK plug # is pregapped to 1.1mm. I dont think those plugs are meant to be gapped. If u want .8mm you need "-8" plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post

thanks
                    100,000km, and you might aswell replace the water pump, timing belt tension, and idler puller while everything is apart.
                    the pulleys like to rust out with age and will eventually give out which could lease to the valves contacting the pistons wen the timing belt falls off.

Comment

It's actually 110,000kms, but 100,000kms is a good time to change cambelt, etc. If car is thrashed, change cambelt every 60,000kms.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

you can get a whole "100k" timing kit that comes with pulleys, timing belt and water pump. and get a stroker kit. cuz you want a badass setup, right?
                        I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                          It's actually 110,000kms, but 100,000kms is a good time to change cambelt, etc. If car is thrashed, change cambelt every 60,000kms.
                          ONE huge note to this:

It's 10 years or 110,000 KM, whichever comes earlier.

a local owner slipped his belt (due to age) and his car was at mid 60,000KM. If you imported a Japanese car, I'd recommend doing it anyways for a peace of mind (and idle/tensioner/spring also)

Comment

what do i uae for powersteering fluid? I have a 90 gtst -m with hicas....

Comment

Originally posted by huvadub View Post
                              what do i uae for powersteering fluid? I have a 90 gtst -m with hicas....
                              little known fact, the gtst-M only takes Fiji water for power steering fluid.

mine looks like ATF but I haven't replaced mine yet, anybody else use ATF?
                              I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Should I use the same oil as the tranny for the rear diff ?

thx

Comment

Working...
                                X