X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great guide

Comment

k so i have a 1990 gts-t type M, it says I should use NGK BCPR6 -11, so do I just leave them gapped at the 1.1mm or whatever they come at? or do they need to be re gapped (if so what to?) stock motor, stock boost.

Comment

Originally posted by ghrycan View Post
        k so i have a 1990 gts-t type M, it says I should use NGK BCPR6 -11, so do I just leave them gapped at the 1.1mm or whatever they come at? or do they need to be re gapped (if so what to?) stock motor, stock boost.
        leave it the way it is.. Stock gap for Stock boost is 1.1.

I changed my to 0.8 when its stock boost and it runs weak.. lol

Comment

kk thanks dude

Comment

newest one i just discovered from some buddies...

Infinity j30 Fuel filter is a direct replacement for the R32 GTST
            .......GTRCANADA.COM
            Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

kool not to sure why I did a search for tune up on the R32 GTS-T didn't find anything, But I was told I can use these spark plugs NGK BCPR6ES copper. I'm running stock with a exhaust system upgrade. was told that using these will give life on the turbo and the Iridium spark plug gives to much heat? anyone know if that is true?

Comment

Does anybody know an easy way to remove the O2 sensor? i cant fine a simple solution :S
                Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

hey guys can anyone give me a full tune up list for my 91 gts-t. its got 113xxx km running .9 bar.
                  thanks in advance

Comment

You guys mentioned gapping spark plugs to 0.8 mm for higher boost. What if I run on stock boost (7 psi) sometimes and on high boost (14 psi) sometimes? What should I gap my plugs to?

Comment

Smaller sparkplug gap is to stop missing at higher rpm (can damage coilpacks).

Sparkplug heatrange is due to sparkplug tip temperature. If engine runs leaner and cylinder temps rise you fit a colder sparkplug (if you don't it melts tip and widens the gap). If engine runs richer, the opposite, hotter sparkplug. Factory is NGK PFR5A for RB20DET and PFR6A is the upgrade with intake, exhaust upgrades due to engine running leaner / hotter cylinder temps. PFR6A covers small turbo upgrade at low boost level, but might switch to PFR7A if engine runs really lean / hotter cylinder temps. Best to read the sparkplug tips and see what engine likes. But from what I understand, roughly every 75-100hp increase in hp you are meant to change to colder sparkplug.

RB25DET stock sparkplug is PFR6A.

Wrong gap or heatrange damages coilpacks.
                      Last edited by Skym; 11-14-2010, 09:08 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

If i am running .9 bar boost with nothing more than a 3" exhaust with straight pipe, and air intake. What type of spark plugs are recommended and at what gap?

Comment

NGK PFR6A with 0.8mm gap. Or fit copper version of NGK spark plug, but have to change them every 10,000km or so (every second oil change. Or if you don't do the 10,000km in that time, wait till 10,000km). Oil, filter change is every 3 months or 5000km (whichever comes first) with turbocharged engine.
                          Last edited by Skym; 09-27-2010, 12:06 AM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

2 things . 1 the fuel filter for the z32tt does work on the rb and the holder will fit it(but i do have this swapped into a 240sx).
                            2 if i want to run 14+ psi what kind of plugs do i need?? currently i have v power ngk's from a z31 turbo car.(bcp6re11) and there gapped from 40-45(whatever that means). if i want upto 21psi(different turbo of course) what should i get?? mind you guys i live in the states(lame i know!!).

Comment

The 11 at end of part number usually means 1.1mm gap (look on NGK website).

My rough guess would be at 14psi (RB20DET), PFR6A or maybe PFR7A if running really lean or thrashing car, as it's similar to mild turbo upgrade running at 12psi (intake, exhaust). My guess is PFR7A or PFR8A for 21psi (depending on tune, turbo used, intake temps, etc). All of the above with 0.8mm gap.
                              Last edited by Skym; 11-14-2010, 09:56 PM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

91 HCR32 Tune UP

Hey I just bought a 1991 R32 GTS-t with 130xxxkm. It's got an ARC intake and a full 3" exhaust running around 10psi. What should I do for a tune up and what should size of gap spark plugs should I buy? I hear 1.1mm for stock boost and .8mm for 12psi or so. Would .9 or 1.0mm be better for what I have? I plan on buying a boost controller this summer and upping the boost to 12psi. But it has dual settings so I'll probably run 9psi and 12 alternately. Would it be alright to put .8mm plugs in? And what else should I tune up? It just passed safety 3 days ago btw

Comment

Working...
                                X