Horrible urgent troubles!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible urgent troubles!!!

So as I was driving around yesterday, I encountered a really bad problem with my skyline and it doesn't seem good at all. After I launched at a green light and pulled through 2nd and went into 3rd, I lost all power and my car stalled. I pulled into a parking lot and started it up again but it wouldn't hold at idle and stalled very quickly, but if I kept tapping the gas, it wouldn't let it die. So I turned around and went home but on the way home I noticed it would rev past 2k and it kept sputtering and it also kinda sounded like there was a boost leak some where, but I've never had a boost leak so bad its made me stall.

Anybody got any ideas on what could be wrong with my car? I just sunk a shitload of money into last month and it hasn't even been out of the shop for a month yet and I'm just praying its nothing big again.

If someone could point me in a direction to start looking that would be awesome, thanks.

Sounds like you popped an intercooler pipe off or almost off. Hope its that easy.
    If not that, check for codes on ECU.

Comment

Thanks, I totally forgot about ecu codes. I'm gonna go check that soon and my i/c pipe couplers. I really hope its that easy too, I need more upgrades, not more maintenance.

Comment

Yeah, was gonna suggest the same thing.

If you dont find anything with the IC piping get a propane tank and turn it on (dont light it) and go around every vacuum line. If you hear the RPMs go up you have a leak.
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

ya sounds exactly like a ic pipe popped open under pressure. i always keep a tool kit in the trunk for quick fixes like that. go over all the piping and if u dont find anything then might have popped the intake manifold gasket. if its a GTS then the intake mani gaskets are just a flimsy week paper material. not sure about the GTR, might be metal?
          - Adam

:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

GTR are also paper like. Upgraded ones like HKS are metal. Good idea to keep a kit handy. The tiring part would be to take the bumper off if you can't get to the piping.

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I got a GTS and yea the front bumper is a pain in the ass to get on or off, especially after putting the fmic on. I had to hack it to **** to get it to fit haha

Comment

I'm leaning towards the intake mani gasket because of the stalling on idle, but the air escaping sounds like its coming from the turbo side

Comment

Hopefully the GTS-T intake mani gaskets aren't as expensive as GT-R ones...

Go over the piping carefully and be sure to tighten them good. Look for worn/cracked rubber vacuum hoses.

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

It would b wise to grab a RB20 full gasket kit. They are cheap enough and alot of piece of mind.
                    Also, you could do a boost leak test. That way u wont have to go lookin for the leak, youll probably hear it leakin if its real small. If its a hose popped off you wont b able to build any pressure.
                    Also it could be a possible MAF problem.

Comment

What do you mean by MAF problem? What could be wrong with my MAF that would be causing problems and would the problems be similar to what I'm experiencing? I'm getting rid of my MAF in the spring and switching to a MAP sensor with my Haltech ecu so it would be kinda no biggie if the MAF was shot.

Comment

The MAF could be thrown off if metered air is released. Check for open bov, air leak or cut MAF wires. Also go over charge piping and make sure couplers are intact.
                        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

if it's stumbling even on throttle it would have to be a hell of a vacuum leak, usually they'll cause a rough idle but not so many issues on WOT. methinks intake leak somewhere
                          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Yeah just check your piping like everyone said. A coupler has clearly come off. You'll have to remove your front bumper.

If the pipe completely came off, the car will not be able to idle and will just want to die unless you give her some gas.
                            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Sounds exactly like what it does at idle and stopped, dies unless i constantly feather the gas. And if I try to drive it, I can't really rev past 2k maybe 2500 if I'm in a lower gear. And it sputters and stuff when I tried to drive it home. It wouldn't build any boost but I did hear the turbo spooling so I know its not seized, plus its brand new. So its probably a pipe on the hot side then correct? I'm assuming this as the sound was coming from the passenger side.

Comment

Working...
                              X