No announcement yet.

Horrible urgent troubles!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice description by the way, hammering at a green light and ripping through gears. I ain't your parent but I'd skip that kind of detail, leaves a bad image...

Perhaps it's best to check your coilpacks as I read up on a common "red dust" issue which sounds somewhat similar. Have you looked at that?
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
      Nice description by the way, hammering at a green light and ripping through gears. I ain't your parent but I'd skip that kind of detail, leaves a bad image...
      This is true...But you and I both know everyone does that at some point owning these monsters.

Did you do any test for leaks yet? Or look for a popped off coupler?
      Last edited by bellis_GTR; 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM.
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
        This is true...But you and I both know everyone does that at some point owning these monsters.

Did you do any test for leaks yet? Or look for a popped off coupler?
        Not yet. It was raining, then snowing yesterday, and now snow is actually on the ground. Hoping it warms up this week so I can scope it out.

And to your other point, yea it may leave a bad image if you are doing it constantly, but the drag strip is closed for the season and I just got my car out of a 4 month decomission from a blown turbo and the new ones bigger too, so what I'm saying is, can any of you HONESTLY say you've never ripped you car on the streets late at night (this was around 4am when this happened btw, so basically no traffic)

Comment

Originally posted by BongRips View Post
          Not yet. It was raining, then snowing yesterday, and now snow is actually on the ground. Hoping it warms up this week so I can scope it out.

And to your other point, yea it may leave a bad image if you are doing it constantly, but the drag strip is closed for the season and I just got my car out of a 4 month decomission from a blown turbo and the new ones bigger too, so what I'm saying is, can any of you HONESTLY say you've never ripped you car on the streets late at night (this was around 4am when this happened btw, so basically no traffic)
          haha exactly my point...

When ever I hear about places in Canada already having snow, I get sadder and sadder. I cannot stand winter or SNOW!

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

So yea, the silicone 90 degree elbow off my turbo to my i/c piping completely came off. Kinda what I expected as it sounded fuggin loud and it was coming from the passenger side. All fixed now though.

Comment

Glad to hear it was something very simple.

Just to be safe take the bumper off when you have time and go over all the clamps. Did you raise boost at all when you got the new turbo?

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I'd suggest also replacing all your clamps with t clamps as well as replacing all your couplers with nicer silicon ones. It'll hold better and look nicer. Also I recommend ziptying your bumper on with four zipties. That's how mine is held on, although I will admit it's a tad ghetto, it's super nice for road side repairs.
                ----------------------------------------------
                widebody rb25 r32
                Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                ----------------------------------------------
                friends of:
                genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Naw, my bumper is on fine with 4 screws and still somewhat easy to get on and off (harder due to the fmic). And since I just installed a new fmic, all the couplers are new silicone and nice and soft and the clamps are all t-clamps instead of those shitty screw clamps.

@bellis - Yea, come spring time I will be taking the bumper off and going over all of the work that was done on my vehicle after that one clamp came off. I accidentally got my wastegate flapper stuck open when adjusting and testing it so I had to take off the dump pipe and re-fit it. It seemed installed nicely when I took it off. Everything else seems good, just the turbo is bigger than stock on the stock mani so the angle the elbow is on is a bit awkward which could be why it came off. I'm thinking it should be good now. And yes, the boost is at 14psi right now and will be bumped up to 16psi once I have a capable fuel system. I'm saying 16psi as that's what I've been told is the peak efficiency boost for this turbo and should put down ~400whp.

Yes I am aware that the rb20 tranny won't last long at all, but I'm going to get a conservative tune for ~325-350whp and baby it for a bit until I can afford an rb25 tranny swap and a 2way Tomei lsd. I know the engine is solid though, so I'm just gonna keep the rb20 and build that to around 500-550whp (eventually over the course of a couple years) and save some weight that way too

Comment

400whp @16psi on what kind of setup exactly? Not being ignorant, just wondering if you have dyno'd or are just estimating.
                    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
                      Also I recommend ziptying your bumper on with four zipties. That's how mine is held on, although I will admit it's a tad ghetto, it's super nice for road side repairs.
                      ^THIS if youre ever going to track your car. It makes fixing easy and prevents ruining fenders if you happen to go off course.

Lol continue haha
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

i got the intake gaskets from rawbrokerage.com $35 for lower $25 for upper plus $11.00 priority shipping. arrived super fast
                        1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
                        2003 police interceptor
                        1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
                        1994 Mitsubishi expo
                        1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
                        "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

@MKIV - It's half estimation and half basing off dyno's done by others. I know almost a dozen people on a different skyline forum running the same turbo I have and basically the same set up I'm headed towards making between 370 and 400whp (well the highest four were all around 395-399whp so I'm just rounding up ) And I'm just going off the specs the supplier told me too (for the peak efficiency range) plus all the people running these were running between 14 and 16 psi. And I just got dyno'd on the stock injectors, fuel pump, and ecu. I made 254whp @ 14psi and at only 6000rpm. The power was rising fast but because I don't have either an adjustable fpr or bigger injectors and fuel pump it leaned out and couldn't go any higher. My tuner estimated 290-300whp on the stock injectors if I had an fpr to push some more fuel through the stock injectors and he said 400whp definitely wasn't unrealistic with proper injectors, fuel pump and a good tune

Comment

Nice, well good luck to you. I hope you're going to help your motor support that power, seeing as it was 200hp at the motor from factory and you intend on more than doubling that! Once my RB25 is done in a few months I'm hoping for over the 500whp mark on a high boost/fuel map. The good thing about my Haltech is I can keep it low boost on the streets with ease and high boost for the track
                            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Good thread
                              My car has the exact same symptoms. I was thinking MAF but I will have to check for a leak as well. Hoping its just something poped off as well

Comment

It was very noticeably popped off on mine. The turbo and turbo elbow weren't even touching on mine and the t-clamp was luckily still hanging onto the turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X