No announcement yet.

Hesitation/Sputtering as well as Engine light flickering under WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"needavdub" posted the same thing and had fixed the issue. Not saying this is your issue, but a great place to start. His coils were brand new so didn't think to test them. But after alot of going back and forth he decided to test the new coils and just swapped an extra one that he knew was good in with all of them until his problem went away. And if did so maybe try that.

And the reason it only happens when your engine warms up is cause heat effects everything. Stuff expands and clearances change.

Comment

Alright so I realize this is a very old thread already but I've finally figured out what was wrong with my car! It was the cam angle sensor. I noticed that it was extremely hot when I was working under the hood so I took it off, put it into a sandwich bag and put it in cold water for a few minutes. Threw it back on and BOOM. Hit 6000rpm without a problem. I took the CAS apart and wouldn't you know it, the spindle or shaft inside was actually cracked right in half. So when it was cold, it would catch a little bit, enough to run alright but once it warmed up, wouldn't touch at all and turned my car into a pile of crap! So there ya go. Hope this can help someone else out. Oh and side note, figured out what it's problem was exactly one year to the day after I bought the car!

Comment

Working...
      X