Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear HICAS ball joints R33 - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear HICAS ball joints R33 - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi there, i'm having a bitch of a time trying to get these ******* things out.. I've read a lot of information on the forums here and other forums as well, I'm trying all the methods mentioned... I don't have access to a 36mm socket nor does my local store even have one in stock so taking the hubs off is out of the question... I used heat, I ground down the balljoint face so its almost flat, Ive been whacking away with a 5 lb hammer and punch as the balljoint was hot, it hasn't even budged it looks like :/ I don't know what else to do , any help is much appreciated, I need my car for work Tuesday after the long weekend so I have one more day tomorrow to go at it all day. Please please help me I am so frustrated... 5 hours yesterday , 3 hours today and not one side is even out yet :/

I'll post some pictures..

Rent a ball joint press, they press out easy, I've done it a few times and never take. The hub off, we'll they press out easy with air tools, I rented the press from part source, but most places rent them out, oh ya and they are free to rent

Comment

I have a press it still didn't budge **** is sooooooooooo frustrating

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure of they are same as the r32, all the pics didn't load last time, they look different but maybe just where it's ground down .

Comment

This is the worst thing I've ever done on any car will never do it again

Comment

the other day i pressed them out, was real easy only took 5 mins to do them both. but the thing is i used a 36mm socket and a long 12mm socket the balljoint was sandwiched inbetween them,. i can't see it coming out any other way theyre really seized in there. i know princess auto sells 36 mm sockets thats where i got mine. good luck!

Comment

Ya me too, I had to jimmy a couple sockets together, the cups in the kit just don't fit, but I've been in your position too may times, you may just need to get a socket, pull the hub off and get it pressed out on a machine

Comment

I'm going to flip, lol seriously.. wtf

and I know PA has 36mm sockets, but they don't have them in stock right now, gonna be 3 days before they even get any in, and I essentially need my car done tomorrow

Comment

Here, check out how I did mine, a bit of heat and presto!

Comment

Some jobs are better left for the professionals. Don't forget to align the car after , especially after smashing the **** out of that knuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Got it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

A little late here but I did the same thing as ColinR33 essentially. I borrowed a set of assorted presses from CT, heated up the bearing with a propane torch and then just pressed them as hard as I could. One side was tricky and didnt come out the first time, so after it cooled I doused it in Liquid Wrench and let it sit over night. The next day I did the same thing and it came out easy.
                        If you need a clutch safety switch or daytime running lights to pass inspection, pm me and I can tell you how to do it for free

1991 Skyline GTS-t 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                        X