Turbo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo help

Hi there still new to working on skylines or turbo cars in general. I have a 91 gtst w/ the rb20 and my turbo was making noise, so I took out the turbo to find d that the exhaust side bearing has play. So I have an rb25 turbo that I'mtry ing to install but I'm noticing a difference that I need to figure out before install. My original turbo has a line off the wastegate going back into the charge side of the housing where the rb25 turbo doesn't have the fiting in the charge side so my question is where do I need to run that line off the wastegate to? Thanks for any help or insight anyone has
    91 skyline gtst type M
    78/03 k5 blazer/silverado thingy 37" tires (the beast)
    88 toyota xtra cab (project extreme toylet)
    04 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually on 35s

Turbo help

To Boost controller and the to charge pipe or straight to charge pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

is there a fitting on the charge pipe or do I have to tie into another line?
      91 skyline gtst type M
      78/03 k5 blazer/silverado thingy 37" tires (the beast)
      88 toyota xtra cab (project extreme toylet)
      04 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually on 35s

Comment

My 25 has a nipple on the hot pipe after I/c, not sure about the 20. Look here... http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=17436

Comment

use any manifold vacuum/boost source mang.

Comment

You'll need the RB25 turbo elbow that bolts onto compressor cover, RB20DET turbo has different elbow.

For boost source to internal wastegate actuator on turbo, the stock intake piping is metal, so weld on a 1/8 female thread steel boss fitting to the steel intake piping (plumbing supply store has them), paint the piping, welds (inside and outside of intake piping) and screw in a brass 1/8 male fitting with from memory is a male 6mm barbed end into the female 1/8 thread boss fitting.

Don't run the boost feed for internal wastegate actuator off the intake manifold. It has to be fed the compressed air just after compressor housing.
            Last edited by Skym; 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Or you can buy my stock pipe

Comment

Working...
              X