Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST ECU TO USE ON RB25DET?? Help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST ECU TO USE ON RB25DET?? Help please!!

So I'm trying to find an ecu to use on my rb25 swapped r32 I am currently working on.

My mods are:
    550cc injectors
    Front facing intake mani
    Big fmic
    Z32 MAF
    Arp head studs
    Equal length turbo mani
    Gt2540-46t hybrid ball baring turbo
    Poncams
    Stock internals
    Stock flywheel
    Splitfire coil packs
    Possibly oil cooler
    Walbro 255lph pump
    Meth injection
    Catch can?

Also want to retain vct

Please help as I have no idea what to do when it comes to ecu's and which is the easiest to install!
    91 R32 GTS-T - Enroute from Japan
    Toyota pickup Daily
    90 R32 Gts-t - SOLD
    98 STI Forester - SOLD
    06 R6 Raven - SOLD
    580rwhp FD3S - SOLD
    89 R32 Gts-t - SOLD

Who's tuning it?

Comment

I have no idea yet.. Need to figure out management and a good tuner
      Toyota pickup Daily
      90 R32 Gts-t - SOLD
      98 STI Forester - SOLD
      06 R6 Raven - SOLD
      580rwhp FD3S - SOLD
      89 R32 Gts-t - SOLD

Comment

Find a good tuner, and use what they prefer.. Don't do what I did... I found a cheap haltech and took it somewhere that deals with link, they gave me a shitty tune, this was 2 months ago, it's getting tuned again on Monday, someone who prefers haltech, hopefully this one goes better

Comment

You are still running afm, so you could use a Nistune. If that's not what you're looking for, go with tuner preferred
          Last edited by Woodly; 05-25-2014, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Power FC?
            Toyota pickup Daily
            90 R32 Gts-t - SOLD
            98 STI Forester - SOLD
            06 R6 Raven - SOLD
            580rwhp FD3S - SOLD
            89 R32 Gts-t - SOLD

Comment

I will be pulling the following out of my car in a couple of weeks... haven't come up with a price yet..
              Power FC L-Jetro out of a 95 r33 GTR
              EL Type Hand Commander 415-A030
              Z32 MAFS x 2
              black datalogit box + usb serial converter
              HKS EIDS boxes x 2

Comment

Nistune type 2 board..... but honestly you want good results go standalone with speed density (MAP sensor).

Comment

ECU's are application specific, so buy a ECU to match the mods on engine.

If engine is stock or lightly modified Nistune would work.

Once you start changing intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, etc for competition, a aftermarket ECU is needed that can run crank trigger for ignition, ethonal content sensor, individual cylinder fuel, ignition trim, onboard boost control, etc.

With a front facing intake manifold, meth injection, a ECU with individual cylinder fuel, ignition trim is handy and can run a GM methonal content sensor to adjust the tune to suit the fuel. So a plug in aftermarket ECU like LINK or ViPEC, the model that fits in stock ECU case (or have to buy or make a adaptor loom for the standalone). Make sure it has 6x ignition, 6x injector drivers.

A ECU that was used on the Group-A Skylines was Electromotive -

For those looking for unparalleled performance from their engines, there’s only one true choice. Combining comprehensive EFI control and our industry-leading ignition system into one easy-to-tune package makes Electromotive the obvious choice for your engine management needs. Electromotive offers numerous TEC systems to ensure there’s a perfect system for your project. For a product matrix comparing our current TEC line or management systems, please click here.

Or Motec for some racecars or stock ECU on older group-A racecars (stockish engine configuration with cams, etc).

LINK, ViPEC are becoming popular too on dragcars, racecars, etc.

Look at the ECU and the features it has, then price up additional parts like a boost controller, traction control, etc and you'll find out they are around the same cost or more than a ECU with those features.
                  Last edited by Skym; 09-05-2014, 07:21 AM.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

All very good points skym, thanks for the input. I will more than likely be going stand alone with a map and all that. Thanks a ton. Which would you guys say is the best stand alone system for the mods I will be running? Any idea of the horsepower I could expect to safely run from this set up? I know of an AEM series 2 for sale with all sensors, wiring specialties harness, and some other stuff for 2000$ I may pick up in light of all this new info. I have also heard mixed opinions in regards to MAP sensors VS MAF due to map staying the same, and maf adjusting to the air qualities such as mountain driving vs city, ect ect.. Any thoughts? Appreciado my friends!
                    Toyota pickup Daily
                    90 R32 Gts-t - SOLD
                    98 STI Forester - SOLD
                    06 R6 Raven - SOLD
                    580rwhp FD3S - SOLD
                    89 R32 Gts-t - SOLD

Comment

Not true....while in boost its all the same, temp and pressure gives you the same air whether you are at sea level or 2000m. Vacuum is the same. The only part that would be skewed a tiny little bit is the transition point between the two. Atmo...or WOT...or unplugging the vacuum line will read 2.5v at either sea level or 2000m. At that elevation it should be more like 2.4v (on a 2bar MAP). But thats a tiny portion of your entire array of load points.

I road trip all the time from Kamloops to sea level and narry an issue with running rich at high elevations...or lean at sea level. I run a Djetro with the 02 feedback turned off and moniter with a standalone wideband and an EGT guage.

Jon.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 09-04-2014, 06:03 PM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Link uses oat sensor with the map sensor to make these fuel compensations. I'm currently Saving up for a link G4+ pnp.
                        They seem to be perf for what I'm planing on for future mods. Goal is 450whp. That's a $2200 ecu and then you can spend more on knock ad ons etc.

Like what people mentioned before, find a tuner and try the ecu system they work with, or get your ecu and then find a tuber(which may be harder)
                        Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                          All very good points skym, thanks for the input. I will more than likely be going stand alone with a map and all that. Thanks a ton. Which would you guys say is the best stand alone system for the mods I will be running?
                          You're welcome.

Link, ViPEC ECU (same ECU, both made by Link but I think ViPEC has more additional software features) has barometric adjustment for altitude and IAT (Inlet Air Temp) sensor for adjusting to hot, cold conditions and maps to suit hot, cold conditions.

Also with Link, ViPEC ECU, can run a low oil pressure rev limiter (with oil pressure sensor to suit). Basically if engine oil pressure drops to set pressure, the ECU can automatically engage a rev limiter to prevent you reving engine (oil pressure rises as revs rise until relief valve on oil pump opens). If oil pressure drops to 0, the ECU will switch the engine off. Neat feature to help save engine or help to prevent major damage.

Motec is a cool ECU if you can afford it and the fee you pay to open up all the features the ECU has to offer. Motec ECU can measure shock damping with sensors to suit, clutch slippage (engine vs driveshaft rpm), etc. Top pro level stuff for circuit, drag racing.
                          Last edited by Skym; 09-05-2014, 07:40 AM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                          X