MAF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF question

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out the best setup for my RB25det, if a Z32 MAF will be good for running ~17psi
    Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Boost level would vary based on turbo size. A bigger turbo would move more air at the same boost level thus max out the MAF voltage at a lower boost level.

Look at the CFM when the MAF maxes out the voltage (calibration) and convert CFM to hp. That's usually done for you. Normally a Z32 MAF is good for around 480hp at engine, which is around 416rwhp.

A Ford Racing Lightning MAF is good for up to 700hp at engine and can be run in blow throw confirguration, which is inbetween intercooler, intake manifold (stock is a draw through MAF / mounted just before turbo).
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

no RB25 stories here but...
      my friend's rb20 maf voltage is maxing out at around 220 rwhp. we always thought rb20 maf was good for up to 350hp.
      I did the Z32 switch a while ago myself. better safe than sorry
      1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

Yea I'm going to hope to make ~400hp
        Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
        1992 GTST RB25DET
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
        Originally posted by Bravo
        PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
        I'm sorry,
        Good luck!

Comment

RB20DET, RB25DET stock MAF is rated to around 300hp at engine. There's tricks you can use to extend that limit, but best to upgrade the MAF. Also the CFM is the amount of air flowing through the round part of the MAF.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X