No announcement yet.

Oil Catch Can Set Up "How To" - RB20det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya know Bruce I've been back and forth looking at the pic of your GTS engine and I gotta agree that if you were to figure out a system with less hoses I think you'd have to have a custom catch can made that fits on top of the valve cover kinda like Zenitani's which sits across the the back
    Favorites
    lucky_cefiro
    you\'re not listening
    entelijint
    stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
    mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
    Originally posted by specialedition
    He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfreak
      ya know Bruce I've been back and forth looking at the pic of your GTS engine and I gotta agree that if you were to figure out a system with less hoses I think you'd have to have a custom catch can made that fits on top of the valve cover kinda like Zenitani's which sits across the the back
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=9503
      Well either that or I buy GTR valve covers and "pirate" your set up :wink: .
      RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
      Mods: A few things .
      Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

Boyscout
        could you take some pics of your set-up?
        sorry engines in pieces now but heres and old pic

The setup is all the same GTS or GTR
        where does the hose go to on the right?
        1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
        1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Hoses on the right go from the valve cover to the catch can then from the catch can to the fresh air intake pipe that is just after the airfilter.
          This is the side that allows filtered clean air to enter into the engine but when the engine is under boost air from the engine will push back into the intake pipe thus the reason for the oil catch can to prvent liquid oil from entering the engines intake.
          Also it helps to put some steel wool inside the catch can to help colect the oil particles.
          Favorites
          lucky_cefiro
          you\'re not listening
          entelijint

Comment

Bruce next meet I'm gonna take some measurments and see what I can make... 8)
            Favorites
            lucky_cefiro
            you\'re not listening
            entelijint

Comment

Bruce next meet I'm gonna take some measurments and see what I can make... 8)
              Yeah man that sounds great but another reason why your set up won't work on my car is b/c on my intake on the turbo, there's no nipple on the tube for the breather hose to attach to. Regardless, it's still worth taking the measurments and seeing what you can come up with.

Now I'm modifying the set up I have now (hopefully in the next couple of days) and I will post up some pic's of it. It's nothing drastic, just some hose re-arranging.
              RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
              Mods: A few things .
              Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

Is there any way to get the pictures back? It would help.

Comment

where are the pics? i'd like to do this to my car lol
                  I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

IMO running the catch can back to the vac source is a waste. I don't like how they have the piping set up from factory. If you take the line off the vac source every time the blow off valve opens there is a quick surge blowing pressured air back, which would in turn blow back into the crank case. Your pressure flow out of the crank case reverses.

Best way to do it i think is run the lines to a catch can and bung a breather filter on to it like you would see on a V8 valve cover. The crank case can vent as much or as little as it needs all the time. Much better way to go IMO

Comment

pics not working

Comment

Working...
                      X