Engine rebuild needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the mechanics at RG? don't even say ex ztune/monkeynuts
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjerry73 View Post
      It's not west coast but the only shop I would recommend to anyone. Raymond at silver zinc in edmonton is a skyline guru. Works on everything but does a lot of skylines. I bought a built motor from a member here and gave it to him to install in my car, I didn't ask him to but he pulled it apart a little and made sure everything was done properly and most of it was good but he noticed a few of the shims were marginally out and replaced them. He is very meticulous. Probably not the cheapest but gives you that "peace of mind" that is always nice to have.
      I've known some members that had their engines built there in the near past and are getting rebuild elsewhere now. I don't know why or what that means but go for a tour of his "clean room" and meet the crew (or 1 man whatever is there) before sending your $10-20k engine

2 cents
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

i'm with nismo. buy outside canada.
        oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          I've known some members that had their engines built there in the near past and are getting rebuild elsewhere now. I don't know why or what that means but go for a tour of his "clean room" and meet the crew (or 1 man whatever is there) before sending your $10-20k engine

2 cents
          Ya I guess I haven't put much wheel time in with my car as he put it together. His work seems very tidy to me and is great to work with.

Comment

No, the RG guys are top quality, ZTune/monkey nutz on the other hand....questionable. They are really cool guys to bs with and talk shop, but I draw the line there with my car. I may pay a premium for any work done at RG but as with everything in this world..... You get what you pay for the end.

i imagine if monkeynutz can stay in business long enough that they too will become a known name, but for now, I prefer Tommy, Lowell, Shawn, Marc, and Tariq from Racing Greed.

if your sending your engine away, I suggest checking them out. They may be able to help.

Cheers,
            Brent.

Comment

I recommend cosworth or tomei best of the best! Pay for what you get. I paid $2000 labour in a known BC shop and my engine crank walked after 1200kms due to bad bearing clearances. Oops?
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                I recommend cosworth or tomei best of the best! Pay for what you get. I paid $2000 labour in a known BC shop and my engine crank walked after 1200kms due to bad bearing clearances. Oops?
                What's funny is we both used the same builder and we both ended up with the same results.... A dead engine under 2000kms.

Another way to put it is that if you want it done right, do it yourself. It will save you money and give you the peace of mind. You can't go wrong if you follow the manual. This is how I assembled my latest engine and she's going strong so far 2000kms in.

Comment

I was thinking if doing it myself as well. Im not a mechanic so would be going with the Manual for absolutely everything. If my motor dies then maybe ill try it

Comment

The manual makes it simple, if its followed there's absolutely no reason for failure due to assembly.

Comment

Working...
                    X