Fuel Efficiency/Im Freakin Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joker View Post
    I would love to get a dyno tune, I am running an ADR (Auto dream tune) with a socketed ECU. I get the odd pop out the exhaust now and again. I bet it could be leaner and still safe :P Will anyone dyno tune a car on socketed ECUs? lol
    Stinky will.....you just have to find him now.
    He was going to do my GT-R with a Consult before I decided to get my PowerFC.

Comment

I have to get a stinky chip for the daily sometime soon. Fuel econ apparently jumps considerably.

Cheap too. I found him on beyond
      he will always recommend the level 4
      most power and good f/e while still using factory safety systems

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
        Stinky will.....you just have to find him now.
        He was going to do my GT-R with a Consult before I decided to get my PowerFC.
        Yeah but he has never done a GT-R. I know him pretty well. No problem getting a hold of him. Bet I could get one installed today but I don't wanna be the 1st.
        2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
        2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
        1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Try! if it blows the car up, then you have a reason to make a 600hp build like everyone else and do up a like feedback report about it. Kinda like me and the pulseplugs which no one else wants to try.
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

:P I was kinda hoping it would just last forever on it's own
            2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
            2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
            1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
              Try! if it blows the car up, then you have a reason to make a 600hp build like everyone else and do up a like feedback report about it. Kinda like me and the pulseplugs which no one else wants to try.
              I think we told you about those pulse plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                Yeah but he has never done a GT-R. I know him pretty well. No problem getting a hold of him. Bet I could get one installed today but I don't wanna be the 1st.
                He promised me that he has a VERY SAFE base tune to work with, then simply 'road' tune it to clean it up with you driving and him in the psgr seat....

It sounded good to me at the time, but I was waiting for my PowerFC to come in and get it done, so we never had a chance to hook up.

Ask yourself this; How many RB20's did he blow up ? then decide.....
                Unless I am unaware of his track record or something...lol

Comment

...and while I'm in this thread.....

Fill up today: 1.39/L 91oct.....OUCH.....freakin'....OUCH.

I always fill up at the same FastGas in Calgary (Dover) because it's teh cheapest and I have NEVER had a problem with their fuel in any vehicle. It seems that every time I get 'adventerous' and try Mohawk 94oct the car runs like ****......

Comment

Haha 91 at petro can here is $1.50
                    Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                    Next question is: should I stroke it??
                    Originally posted by Wingnut
                    Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
                      ...and while I'm in this thread.....

Fill up today: 1.39/L 91oct.....OUCH.....freakin'....OUCH.

I always fill up at the same FastGas in Calgary (Dover) because it's teh cheapest and I have NEVER had a problem with their fuel in any vehicle. It seems that every time I get 'adventerous' and try Mohawk 94oct the car runs like ****......
                      Thats because Mohawk is crap, Chevron 94 ftw. Except its $1.55 here.
                      My Garage Sale -

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
                        Haha 91 at petro can here is $1.50
                        It's Fort Mac.....it's to be expected. Everyone there makes a TON of $$ and the City and surrounding areas try to get back every cent of it....lol

If gas hits $1.50 here in Calgary, I will cry, because I will be driving my Wife's '07 Aveo5 1.6l....lol

Comment

Originally posted by GTS4tw View Post
                          Thats because Mohawk is crap, Chevron 94 ftw. Except its $1.55 here.
                          why is mohawk crap? Or what makes chevron better?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                            why is mohawk crap? Or what makes chevron better?
                            Mohawk adds Ethanol which screws with older model injectors, as far as I know Chevron hasnt caught up with that and has no ethanol or much less.

I guess I shouldnt say that it is crap, but from my personal experience Chevron is much better fuel, I have tested both and my car ran much cleaner and more consistantly on the Chevron.
                            My Garage Sale -

Comment

I am getting about 600km per 60-65L fill. ($85-$95 to fill now)

I warm the car up for ~5 minutes EVERY TIME even now in the summer

I think this helps with MPG, I've noticed the car runs almost no timing advance until the engine is warmer than 60C = really horrible fuel milage driving it when cold.
                              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                                I am getting about 600km per 60-65L fill. ($85-$95 to fill now)

I warm the car up for ~5 minutes EVERY TIME even now in the summer

I think this helps with MPG, I've noticed the car runs almost no timing advance until the engine is warmer than 60C = really horrible fuel milage driving it when cold.
                                600 KM????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X