Official 2014 Skymeet West FEELER thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2014 Skymeet West FEELER thread

Hello everyone, this is a FEELER THREAD simply to gauge interest for the second annual Skymeet West event. We have listened to many of the comments from last years Skymeet and we will making some significant changes to make this year even better! The theme will stay roughly the same with the BBQ, cruise, dinner, and track evening. We will do our best to keep admission prices as low as possible. We are aiming for $20/head to cover costs of the BBQ, trophies, professional photographer, the use of Classified Motorsports and giveaways. A VERY GOOD VALUE. Racing will be an extra $20 for those would like to do it, and I sure hope it will me most of us

The very rough outline of the event so far:

Where: Hosted by Classified Motorsports. 1891 Springfield Rd #215, Kelowna, British Columbia
    When: Date not yet determined. Most likely late June to early July. Stay tuned!

- FRIDAY: Like last year, we will meet at the big church parking lot (Across the street from Classified Motorsports) Friday evening while people arrive. We will enjoy a big BBQ and a chance to finally put faces to all the usernames and build threads, and give us a chance to have a great social time. Official Skymeet trophies for best stance, best engine bay, best over all car etc etc may be given out at this time.

- SATURDAY: will be the main day of the event. We will meet around noon at Classified Motorsports and all head out for a cruise. The route is not firm yet but we will be heading towards Vernon for an official photoshoot and perhaps around Kalamalka lake if we find a road good enough for our needs. After the cruise we will all go for dinner together in Vernon and then head to the Vernon track for some organized racing.

RACING. The 'RB' in our motors stands for 'Racing Bred'. A Skymeet is not a Skymeet without some organized and LEGAL racing. So...

The 'King of the Hill' races are the only circle track head-to-head racing in BC. It is a ton of fun and it would be surreal for us and the aurdience to witness a ton of Skylines going head to head against each other and whoever else shows up, as that is what our cars are meant for. Everything from SLK AMG's, to M5's, to M3's, to a pickup truck with an SRT10 motor in it, Supras, tons of other imports, and everything in between race at this event. Racing per person IS ONLY $20! If we have a large turnout and everyone wants to race we may even get this cheaper/free.

- SUNDAY is open. We can relax at the beach, check out Kelowna, do our own thing, or head back for those with longer travel time.

Again, this is just a FEELER thread, there is still a massive amount of work figuring out trophies, free giveaways from our sponsers, the race night and more. But nothing can be done until we determine a rough number of people who will show up.

Please let us know if you are interested in this event. We'd love to keep this an annual event and get to know everyone within this fantastic car community.

In Summary:

$20 for entry into Skymeet, another $20 to race with us Saturday night in the Vernon Motoplex
    Friday: BBQ and meet N' greet at Classified Motorsports. Possible night cruise.
    Saturday: Main cruise, photoshoot, dinner, then racing at King of the Hill at the Vernon Motoplex
    Sunday: Open

Classified Motorsports website: http://classifiedmotorsports.com/
    Last edited by GTRSOAR; 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM.

If there is enough interest shown we will be sure to give ample notice before the event date. At leasst a couple months to make sure everyone is able to book it off work.

Comment

Awesome, I'm in this year, I think a bunch of people drove together last year from Calgary/Edmonton, should do the same this year

Comment

I will be there.
        Getting a group from Calgary/Edmonton would be rad.
        Last edited by Armanio; 03-12-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I'm up for it, from Calgary have some friends that would most likely want to go. I agree all the Calgary and Edmonton guys should go up together.
          91'- GTR - SOLD
          94'- GTR

Comment

So the $20 a person.. i assume thats only if X amount of people come out.. also that is per person in the car? and are there spectators allowed this time?
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

@HoSik - Yes exactly, it would be great to get everyone from Alberta together and then cruise down to meet up with us here in Kelowna.

@dah_hunter - No, regardless of attendance, it will be $20/head for the Skymeet event, and another $20 for racing. **As of right now** spectators are not allowed in the cars during racing, however this may change. We need to discuss with the organizers of the track because ride-alongs were not allowed last year but he said he was considering allowing it for this year. There are stands at the ring for spectators and there will be a large group of us all cheering on the racing so even if you're not racing it will be a great time. The races are 2 cars at a time, single elimination. First one around the ring wings.
              Last edited by GTRSOAR; 03-12-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Whats the Tentative date for this..

also im assuming this time you guys are going to have a Mandatory RSVP by Date. So if you dont Sign up and pay your $20 bones by XXX date then the thing wont happen.. or something along those lines.. so you dont end up with the Situation like last year..

Just cause people say they are coming doesn't mean they will so force them to pay to play..

Comment

Like the post says, the date will be somewhere near late June to early July. We are awaiting track dates (Very soon) before we choose a date. Assuming we decide to go through with this. Even if the price is $30 a head that is still very good for entry into the event with trophies, give-aways, an organized judging, and a good time.

And yes, payment ahead of time via paypal or EMT will be mandatory for entry. This will be needed for the overhead and organizational costs.

Comment

OK, lets get this going.

1) GTRSOAR - 1991 R32 GTR

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                      3) Phodonair - 1992 R32 GTR ( Maybe)
                      91'- GTR - SOLD
                      94'- GTR

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                        4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                          4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
                          5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
                          91'- GTR - SOLD
                          94'- GTR

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                            4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
                            5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
                            6) Jon- 1990 GTR T88H

If there is enough interest I'll even show people where "the jump" is near Armstrong.

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 03-12-2014, 06:00 PM.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

If the date would be the end of June count me in! Hopefully June 21 or 22 as I will be in BC then... I wouldn't be able to make it if this was early July.

Comment

Working...
                              X