X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyMeet 2K7

Thinking of doing another meet.

Last years was fun but limited by the venue. I'm thinking of doing another one this year. To make things simpler I would prefer to find an existing venue and "piggyback" onto it so essentially GTRC's meet will be a corner of a bigger event. I'm thinking of a 1-2 day event, where we can drive in, drive out, keep our cars with us at all times, be able to go out in the evening for social events etc.

Looking for ideas.

Also, let me throw this out to the westerners: anyone out west interested in taking on the responsibility of running a GTRC meet? We could do one on each coasts this year.

Ideas? Comments? Post away!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

I would be interested in helping out with an event out west.
    Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

sweet

I would be down, to go along, but im no good with organizing, but i would show up! that sounds like a wicked idea!

Comment

I'd recommend Rockin in the Rockies...but that's a little far for most of you on the coast.

Comment

Well a couple of ideas for us west coasters could be HIN in Seatle August 18, 2007. This would be a fun road trip to an awesome car show, we could drive down on the Friday really early get to a hotel then have the show on Saturday which is 5pm-midnight. Then have sunday to drive back. But thats just an idea but also would be really fun even though its kinda far. As for the car show I dont know if GTRC could enter cause I dont know if they are booked up or not it would have to be looked into. But it would be good exposer for us if we could get in!

And the other ones I came up with are the Driven To Perform series they are all in June and there is more cities to choose from. The dates for that are....

Saturday June 2, 2007 in Calgary @ Olympic Oval

Saturday June 16, 2007 in Edmonton @ Northlands

Saturday June 23, 2007 in Vancouver @ BC Place

Well thats just my two cents and Id be up for anything cause it means having a good time with the rest of GTRC

Jason.

Comment

I am up for a calgary area or rockies meet. But working shift work I cant guarantee that I could make it until we have a firm date in place.

Also in the middle of summer we go to 100 mile house for our family reunion. Im up to do it there

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1
              I am up for a calgary area or rockies meet. But working shift work I cant guarantee that I could make it until we have a firm date in place.

Also in the middle of summer we go to 100 mile house for our family reunion. Im up to do it there
              It would double the population

Comment

Im there!!!...dont care when or where..but im there..lol

Nav..

8) 8)
                My collection:

Zenitani GTR aka BARNEY (sold)
                AE2000 (Team Toyo Street)
                Gruppe M NSX (bros car- Team Toyo Street)
                E46 M3- DD w/ HRE 841rs

Comment

We are doing an Edmonton - West Coast - California - Nevada - Montana roadtrip this June.

So anything on the west works...

Or the HIN in Aug sounds really cool.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

im with nav. dont care when and where, im in.
                    Devil R sponsored by:
                    Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

im in as well, providing is close to toronto. I don't mind driving a little out of the city.
                      1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

At last year's SkyMeet, we talked about having two club meets this year, one for each coast. I have a GTA venue in mind, but I need ideas and a committed volunteer/team for the west coast one.

Comment

For the East Meet... Having it at one of the CSCS events in Cayuga would work.... Members would have options to do show & shine, drag and track runs.

- Toronto, Canada
                          Parts. Cars. Service.
                          GTR
                          MKIV

Comment

alberta is not exactly the coast, but it looks like we have enough members in this area for a meet. I figured we would have at least one.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM-IMPORTS
                              For the East Meet... Having it at one of the CSCS events in Cayuga would work.... Members would have options to do show & shine, drag and track runs.
                              I have a very good relationship with the guys at CSCS, so thatr would not be a problem. There's also a potential drift event near Mosport that would be a prime candidate as well. I am looking for a venue with enough room for 20-30 cars, allow in/out, hopefully a track for us to run, plus place to have a BBQ and vendors area for a swap meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X