Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of a track option at the meets. I think you can book the track at race city here in Calgary. With 20+ cars the price would be very reasonable. Anyone else in the western region interested in a track option as well?
    S15 Kei Office mechanic: Care for more boost?
    Orido: Yes please

Comment

may 5th, drift even on the oval, be there be square 8)

Comment

Originally posted by calgarygts
        may 5th, drift even on the oval, be there be square 8)
        Hard to be square on an oval
        Sounds like Calgary is the place to be for SkyMeet West! Where are all my Vancouver boys?

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Calgary, pff..everyone come to saskatchewan, its in the middle we can get both east and west and theres plenty of nothing to see on the trip. Just smooth sailing. lol

Well seems like a trip to Calgary possibly this summer, hip hip hooray
          1994 Audi S4

Comment

I recommend calgary for the west meet as its right in the middle of all the western provinces and has a good race track.

Locals would be needed to organize this though, any volunteers?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JZ
              Sounds like Calgary is the place to be for SkyMeet West! Where are all my Vancouver boys?
              We're all busy doing stuff outside

I think Vancouver would be the best "place" for a west coast meet, but there appear to be more Albertans than Vancouverites active on GTRC. Also, in terms of proximity for the Island and BC Interior boys, Vancouver would work. It's really up to the masses. We could do an online poll and decide that way. However, that would depend on whether someone from Vancouver would be willing to organize it with JZ.
              2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
              And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. GTR
                Originally posted by JZ

I think Vancouver would be the best "place" for a west coast meet, but there appear to be more Albertans than Vancouverites active on GTRC. Also, in terms of proximity for the Island and BC Interior boys, Vancouver would work. It's really up to the masses. We could do an online poll and decide that way. However, that would depend on whether someone from Vancouver would be willing to organize it with JZ.
                vancouver isn't as easy to get to as calgary is for everyone in the west (BC, AB, SK and MB), this is why calgary makes the best choice for a western canadian skyline meet
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LongLiveJDM
                  Originally posted by Dr. GTR
                  Originally posted by JZ

vancouver isn't as easy to get to as calgary is for everyone in the west (BC, AB, SK and MB), this is why calgary makes the best choice for a western canadian skyline meet
                  I know, I just like Vancouver more 8)
                  2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
                  And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

Originally posted by donk_316
                    We are doing an Edmonton - West Coast - California - Nevada - Montana roadtrip this June...

Who? When?

Comment

Well I would be more than willing to help the Calgary meet if that was where it took place.

I doubt I could take much responsibility though as most my time will be spent in Rockin in the Rockies.

Rockin in the Rockies is in Cranbrook, B.C. which is located 3-4hours south west from Calgary.

The car show is always big and the city gets right involved, but it is nearly entirely all antique/classic car enthusiasts. These past few years tuners have been poping up.
                      I'm in the midst of organizing our small Kootenay based car club to take place in the event.

It is not as ideal a venue as Calgary, so I don't entirely recommend it, but it would be great to have a few GTRC'ers show up for it.

They close down the main street right downtown and have a drive in circle sort of show and shine...it's always packed with spectators.

The event runs two days...and it's a lot of fun, even if you're not a car enthusiast.

Comment

Originally posted by MyGTR
                        Originally posted by donk_316
                        We are doing an Edmonton - West Coast - California - Nevada - Montana roadtrip this June...

Who? When?
                        Myself and wifey in my GTR, maybe my buddy Ryan and his GTS4 sedan, crzyone / wifey and his GTR and his brother /wifey in a VW VR6 golf or whatever they are.
                        Anyones welcome to join us. We are going to stop at disneyland, vegas alos. and... im sorry... spending the night in the desert outside Area 51.. I gotta!

Its more about the trip than the destination though. Lots of stops and good times.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

i think calgary or edmonton would be the best, either or, because its the middle of the western provinces, we can book the road course for drift events, i went to a porsche/rx7 drift event last year that was taken place haha

Comment

Originally posted by calgarygts
                            i think calgary or edmonton would be the best, either or, because its the middle of the western provinces, we can book the road course for drift events, i went to a porsche/rx7 drift event last year that was taken place haha
                            I was thinking more of a track day not a drift event. Is anyone intrested in booking the 2 mile roadcourse at race city speedway here in Calgary?
                            S15 Kei Office mechanic: Care for more boost?
                            Orido: Yes please

Comment

I would be up for anything HIN, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Cranbrook.
                              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                              1969 Cooper S. Restored
                              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

I would LOVE to do that! Sign me up for a track day

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

Working...
                                X