Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat belts from other cars that fit skylines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belts from other cars that fit skylines?

I need to put new seatbelts into the backseat of my gtr to pass safety and was wondering if there are any north american cars that use similar seatbelts?

I asked Adam about this, he did a parts search and, don't quote me on this

as I can't remember the exact cars but any of the early 90s 240sx (90,91)

should work just fine if I'm not mistaken.
    Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

Thank you, i will give it a try.

Comment

Doesn't work, 240SX buckle slots are too big for Skyline belt clips. Tried fitting a set of Skyline buckles on my 240SX as my originals were broken, but they didn't work. I had to wait to get new ones . You can try it if you like.
        1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
        1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

most stuff that can be swapped out comes from 92-96 300ZX TT's,
          so wouldnt this fit at all?

.......GTRCANADA.COM
          Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

According to Nissan Parts Master, there are no rear seat belts from other Nissan models that will fit R32s.
            Nissan has discontinued the production of new seatbelts for the R32, however TunerLab can get used belts for anyone who needs them.
            Please PM for more info.
            Thanks!
            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

problem is they are probably not CMVSS tagged correct? I need seatbelts for my R33 that are CMVSS approved

Comment

If they are still on about that, just put in any seatbelt out of anything that will remotely work. It doesn't have to look good, just needs to be properly mounted and tagged. Once you have done your inspection just remove it and put in the orig. No cop will ever have a sniff of whether your belts are tagged like the drunk bozos at the inspection place want. It's not needed anyway, they are just being d1ckheads.

You can never be denied an insurance claim based on the belts, there are 50 year old cars running around with the orig. belts and apparently that is just fine for those guys.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Remove the rear seat for inspection, thats what I would do...
                  BNR32- Sold
                  1998 Evolution V

Comment

k im gonna try belts from an early model 240sx i guess, hope they fit,, hope they aren't hard to change either, i got so much other **** to do i dont even wanna bother with this, but if i don't it will cause a fail on my VI thursday

Comment

WTF is up with Manitoba and their goofy ass inspection crap lately.
                      Seat belts need to be as originally manufactured and intended only. They don't need to be "DOT" or "CMVSS" retrofitted.
                      What are they gonna do start looking at every nut and bolt on a car to see if it's "DOT"
                      Thats just rediculous, go somewhere else man.

Now if your belts are missing, or not working properly, thats a different story.
                      If you need OEM belts I have them on my GTST parts car I can give you for a good price to help out. If they're just picking on your OEM belts and they are working, tell them to STFU.

EDIT* COrrect me if I'm wrong here, but isn't CMVSS - *COMMERCIAL* Motor Vehicle Saftey Standards. WTF?

Rick
                      Last edited by RixR32; 07-14-2010, 03:01 AM.
                      '89 GTST - SOLD
                      '92 GTR
                      '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                      '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

dude its not just a safety anymore, i had a safety on the car, they called me in for a vehicle inspection, i cannot just go somewhere else. I need CMVSS approved seatbelts or I will not pass... has nobody put belts in their r33 to pass? I really want to get her back on the road and its the last thing stopping me, any definitive answers as to what will fit in my car? i had a pair of 300zx belts from a 91 and they seemed like they would fit but the tags were ripped off, one didn't retract and they were ugly ass tan color. Anybody please give me some good news! thanks guys

Comment

I would just yank the seats and the seat belts. I'm quite sure they aren't failing some 50 year old dudes ProStreet car with no back seat because the tubs would never have enough room for a seat. Save yourself some grief. By the sounds of it Man. might be the next province to try and ban RHD cars, they sure are acting like a bunch of fvcking commies.

The whole point of the 15 year old rule is that we don't need to worry about this stupid BS. So are they trying to say the the front belts are OK but the rears are not good enough? RETARDS, I feel sorry for you guys, I've seen a couple of R32's come through Kamloops with those gay looking round trailer tail light lenses SCREWED to the factory ones. Moronic.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                            I would just yank the seats and the seat belts. I'm quite sure they aren't failing some 50 year old dudes ProStreet car with no back seat because the tubs would never have enough room for a seat. Save yourself some grief. By the sounds of it Man. might be the next province to try and ban RHD cars, they sure are acting like a bunch of fvcking commies.

The whole point of the 15 year old rule is that we don't need to worry about this stupid BS. So are they trying to say the the front belts are OK but the rears are not good enough? RETARDS, I feel sorry for you guys, I've seen a couple of R32's come through Kamloops with those gay looking round trailer tail light lenses SCREWED to the factory ones. Moronic.

Jon.
                            I said this a page back yet, just remove the part of the seat you sit on and take out the belts, just say you decided to take the rear seats out because you never use them and your putting a sound system back there.

Easiest thing to to and I hear the rear seats are easy to remove.
                            BNR32- Sold
                            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Yes, I know, I was re-inforcing that point.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X