Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spd-dmn View Post
    Ontario mandates a front plate

you get a nice ticket (and they DO go after you) for not displaying one. can't even be behind the windshield.. it has to be at the front of the car

weakkkk
    hmm i didn't run mine all last year, it's a chance you take, the excuse i have ready is that i have no mount on my car, (i really dont) so at the worst i expect a VI if i get pulled over for it.
    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

you guys must be really lucky or the cops must be really relaxed in your areas. anyone i know that ran no front plate has been ticketed at least once. there're that tight in the GTA.

i refuse to give them a reason to pull me over. i'd much rather blend in the rest of the cars although thats impossible. lol

putting the plate on the dash doesn't work either. everyone that has done that has still been ticketed.

the side relocation plate is good enough for me.

Comment

When I was in Winnipeg training a signshop there we did a couple reflective prints for a lambo owner of his license plate and instaled it on the front bumper. I tweeked it a bit to fit the lines better and the local police were happy with that. It actually is more visable then the origional plate.

If alberta changes regs Ill do the same for my GTR.
        You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
          hmm i didn't run mine all last year, it's a chance you take, the excuse i have ready is that i have no mount on my car, (i really dont) so at the worst i expect a VI if i get pulled over for it.
          Unfortunately, it depends on the cop. I didn't run a front plate for 2 years, no problem. Go to Ottawa, OPP pulls a U-turn to pull me over and give me a ticket. I tried the same excuse and no luck. He was a douche though, and tried to give me **** for not having a "Right Hand Drive" sticker on my car, which is bogus, because I have funtionning tuirn signals... Anyways, just put a front plat on the car for driving around, and take it off at the track. If you need that extra cooling for driving around town, maybe you should revise your driving habits...

Comment

i agree. just take it off for the track. i have never had a front plate on my car. daily i parked directly infront of a subway with a police station beside it so basicly during lunch while i was sitting there eating i would watch cops walk in and out non stop and not a single one ever looked at my car. which is weird cuz unfortunatly ive had complaints to the police about my car from crazy old people. nobody in my family runs a front plate. my dad and my brother have been pulled over for other things and the cops asks where the plate is. they just say something random and the cop just gives them a verbal warning. the most trouble ive ever gotten is when a friends old g-ma came downstairs and asked whos car it was in the driveway and then scolded me on how not having a front plate was illegal.

the funny thing is that you never needed them before. then when they brought red light cameras here they said you must have a front plate because the cameras take pics from the front and back of your car. then the cameras showed up and they only take pics from the back of the car, but the law stuck around. it doesnt make any sense.
            WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
            (OO)______(OO)
            Originally posted by Snow
            Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

After I finally got my car fixed at Oni JDM (2 years ago) where they screwed me and coulden't figure out a giant boost leak over injector failure, anyway they broke my lp bracket and I was too lazy to fix it and after 3 weeks. Driving home this cop walking back to her car after pulling someone over looks at me (figures to run my plates as she sees RHD) no plate. She gets a double wammie and books me $110. <--- yea I think I will run the front plate...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X