No announcement yet.

So I spent the weekend with my car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I spent the weekend with my car....

... And I got a decent amount of work done.

First of all thank you Martin very very much for coming out and helping me install my new GTR bumper. He took time out of his Saturday to help me out, and what started as a simple bumper install turned into some editing as my FMIC piping wouldn't quite fit. For those of you who haven't met him he's an awesome guy and really pulls through.

I then proceeded to wash, and wax the car, and polish the rims. It turned out great with the new bumper, which came in the gel-coat white and almost perfectly matches my car. Now I can just wait until I get the whole car painted...

Have a look. I think the car looks one million times better from when I bought it (first two pics).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=116203679
    DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

wow, substantial difference.....good work...look 10 times better now

- looking for a new project
    - '90 SKYLINE GT-R R32---SOLD
    - '01 Porsche 996TT--- SOLD
    - '12 AUDI A6 Quattro---daily driver

Comment

snow, man what a difference. sooo much better now.
      Automotive photos from around the Pacific North West.
      www. BigBoyMedia.net

Comment

Looks great!
        Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

looks 100 times better!
          nice house too...
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

looks great, i did the same thing with my old gtst put on a gtr bumper,i broke off the bottom lip on a fpr bumper so i bought a gtr bumper and put it on

the corvette and skyline look almost the same white
            understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
            oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
              looks great, i did the same thing with my old gtst put on a gtr bumper,i broke off the bottom lip on a fpr bumper so i bought a gtr bumper and put it on

the corvette and skyline look almost the same white
              Yea they looked very close, and with them both in the driveway side by side I couldn't resist. It's the old mans car. Wanted to move it for better shots but another day...
              DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Yes, he's a great guy..
                Hence why sometimes he can be hard to get a hold off as a lot of GTRCers truly wants his Top Notch service..

Comment

nice, if u ever need some paint work let me know my guy who did my skyline and supra does awesome work, and does it for a very reasonable price

Comment

Originally posted by JzGarage View Post
                    nice, if u ever need some paint work let me know my guy who did my skyline and supra does awesome work, and does it for a very reasonable price
                    Unless he can do it for around $1100 I don't know. But I will keep it in mind.

I'm not looking to drop 3 - 4g's on a paint job for a car hardly worth twice that. It likely will not go for paint until the end of the summer/early next spring. It hits storage in the winter, so whether I do it before or afterwards doesn't really matter. The bumper looks close enough that it wont drive me totally insane until then.

Comment

Its prolly around that Price..

MWRACING paint hook up is around that price..

I have had some cars painted there..
                      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

deja-vous??

haha, car is looking good again, take care of it! unlike the prevoius owner who i sold it to..

Comment

Yeah ask MWRacing he has contacts that can paint that beauty in no time..

Comment

make your lip textured black again.

at least I think it should.

buy some textured paint from home depot (dosen't matter what color) and coat the whole thing. then paint it with duplicolor bumper paint.

I refinished my FD lip like that and it looks tits.

TROL

Comment

GTR OEM bumer w/ N1 ducts is the nicest possible bumper for the R32. without a doubt.
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Working...
                              X