Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice car. but im dead set on a 95 gtr

Comment

what do you mean you're dead set, you didn't know the friggin difference between an rb20 and a 26 two days ago.
      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

i know alot about the car. been looking to get for a few years now. but i wanted to know the mecanical differences.

Comment

I don't really understand what people are on about when it comes to expense..I get the gtr thing, simply because it has 2 turbos paired with further engineering issues (#6 cyl leaning, oil pressure/pump drive issues)make them a bit scary to run hard on a budget. However in my experience between 2 gts-t's they're cheap as hell to run, will take a beating and then come back for more, and if you have to replace anything it's relatively cheap, and quite readily available.
          1/1_Scale
          パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

I'm dealing with Right Drive right now, and yeah their price is higher than what you can get from the classifieds here, but you can't argue with the warranty, support, and flexibility you get with them. Sometimes peace of mind is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by keng View Post
              i know alot about the car. been looking to get for a few years now. but i wanted to know the mecanical differences.
              you know alot about the car except the mechanical differences. hmm, those seem to be slightly important when it comes to motorized vehicles. ..just saying'
              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis
                you know alot about the car except the mechanical differences. hmm, those seem to be slightly important when it comes to motorized vehicles. ..just saying'
                When your car is powered by an sr20, this poor keng guys head is literally* going to explode.

*Yes, literally explode.

Comment

Holy smokes.

this guy reminds me of myself, like a year and half ago.

Im really glad I'm getting my skyline now as apposed to 1.5 years ago. I have learned a lot, reading and through experience and i think I will be able to handle my car.

Im not going to be one to call somewhat out. so I'll say, good luck, and don't rush into anything
                  sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                  ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

well everyone can try to flame me all they want call me a noob i dont give a if you do. ive been looking into theses for about 6-7 years now. and well i did a little more reading and i hear stay away from the rb26 and get a rb20 but was never finding out any real answers as to why and well now that im in the process of getting one i wanted to know what kind of things i should look out for when buying, aka problem areas. feeling alot of negativity in this forum compared to all the other ones that i am part of. i have toys know how to fix them and take car of them and if there is something i dont know. i ask or i find the answers i need. so dont tell me to do a search again cause ive done it. and well im sure i can spend hours even days looking and trying to find the answers i want. and well this was the easiest way to get the specifics i wanted to know.

Comment

Looking into them for 6 or 7 years, but not aware of what engines came in what car? People are going to flame you for that alone. Everyone on GTRC are dicks because it's pretty obvious you really didn't try very hard in your "6-7" years of research, dude.

People are going to put you into the same boat as the guys who think you can get 1000hp with a chip and hacking the computer. And you're probably never going to live it down. I'd actually do some research this time, using all the available sources (as in reading up, not asking everyone else), and then come back with a different username and a different attitude. Otherwise you'll always be "that guy who didn't know what engine was which", which is pretty much the worst kind of guy to be on a skyline message board.

Comment

well ill pull out the stacks of papers i have on the skyline and ill scan them and email them to you. but might takes me a few weeks since i have upwards of at least 1000 pages of printed material. but thats ok. ill just do that i always do learn on my own and when people need my help make them pay. its all good. later.

Comment

What part of the car did you study for 7 years? You almost have a master's degree in skylines lol. I would like to meet the professor that suggested the RB20.

Comment

reminds me of my first thread
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by keng View Post
                              well ill pull out the stacks of papers i have on the skyline and ill scan them and email them to you. but might takes me a few weeks since i have upwards of at least 1000 pages of printed material. but thats ok. ill just do that i always do learn on my own and when people need my help make them pay. its all good. later.
                              you know, you say "ppl are being dicks" for no reason etc etc. The reality is, just be honest.
                              This isn't a "snooty owner's only club" but i'll tell you right now, the easiest and quickest way to have a group of rabid posters eat you alive on here, is to pull the cliche'd "I'm insecure about my ignorance, so i'll pretend like i know what i'm talking about and say stupid sh*t like I've been researching the car for years"

Are you kidding me pal.. Am i gonna walk into a surgeon's office and ask him for his advice on which internal organ i might need to transplant.. I mean shi*t i've been researching the stuff for years, i know exactly what the deal is here, just wondering if you think i should get a new liver or new kidney. .

Just be honest, tell ppl you don't have friggin clue, you're as green as they get, and you'll get good advice
                              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

keng, do you have msn?
                                i don't mind answering any questions that you might have...
                                kngofrandomspam@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X