Whats with Skyline Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with Skyline Prices?

So ive noticed that skyline prices have been coming down!
    a year ago it was hard to find a gtr around 10k that was in good shape (if that). now i see most of them going for around 10k, so whats with the low prices???
    I paid 14k for mine and i bet i couldnt even get 12K even though ive put a lot of work into it.
    Its kinda depressing to see there worth get lower and lower.

You never get back what you put into it. Skylines are plentiful now..the fanboy rage has come down. Less demand=lower prices. Plus, newer JDM models are becoming available, possibly making the older models less desirable.
    03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

quebec is a very different story, our prices are going up
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

2 1/2 years ago I could have sold my car for 9-10g now I would struggle for 6. I don't care simply because of what I paid and the return is has provided me in this time.

It might go back up you know once this fan boy thing wears off, importation lowers and the thing for R32 disappears. Not like it matters R32 > R33 anyway!

Comment

I bought another gtr for less than 5000 last weekend.
          GTRC-OG

Comment

I feel like **** , I bought mine for 20g+++++ jan 06
            and i've dumped more then 20 grand in the car aswell and i'll never get that back
            My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
              I feel like **** , I bought mine for 20g+++++ jan 06
              and i've dumped more then 20 grand in the car aswell and i'll never get that back
              DJ keep her forever, she your baby!
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I might have to , the endless money pit
                My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Looks like I got out of my Skyline at the right time... I MADE money ...

TROL

Comment

in the end after all was said and done I paid 7700 for mine 2.5 years ago.

I've probably got about $15,000 into it now and the way it sits I'd be lucky to get 3-4 grand.

Once it runs again I'll probably have about $25,000 into it and it'll hopefully be worth at least mid teens if I ever went to sell it.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Ya r33 gtrs are coming in so the prices on the r32s will go down. No one on these forums ever bought a skyline as an investment, you will never get all your money back, unless you crash/ part out lol.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                      R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by PL_GTR View Post
                        Ya r33 gtrs are coming in so the prices on the r32s will go down. No one on these forums ever bought a skyline as an investment, you will never get all your money back, unless you crash/ part out lol.
                        So I should dump my 32 quick before the prices drop through the floor... Sit on the money for a year or two, then buy another r32 for half the price with twice the power, for the same price i paid for my near stock 32? :P

Comment

I don't know, quality GT-R's regardless of the year or model still cost a lot in Japan!

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/sea...X=1996&SLST=MT

My cars:
                          1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                          1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Its a car. Cars have never been and will never be investments. If your in it to make money your in the wrong business.
                            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I disagree a lot.

Ive made A LOT of money selling cars.

You just have to be patient and find the right deals
                              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Working...
                              X