My skyline got rear ended smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My skyline got rear ended smashed

So my question is.. the damage is to the entire left end, bumper caved in, the entire quarter panel up to the passenger door is literally squished, the dumb bitch smashed where the exhaust was too, causing it to bend pretty much in half, the exhaust itself was on the ground, probably snapped something around the downpipe, my drivers door was a little hard to open and close, long story short the frame is probably fubar. no damage to the front, or the sides..

SO... i'm pretty sure it's gona be a write off unless i get a flaming homosexual who i can offer my **** to that's gona make him do anything for me..

But the question is.. how much money am i looking to get back.. and also me and my girlfriend we're going through cramps in our backs, necks, and were getting checked out tmrw. It's a 1990 nissan 2 door skyline gts-4.

First things first, go see a doctor and get x-rays done.

Next, go to a physiotherapy clinic and get treatment started on the both of you.

Get an injury lawyer. Most dont take retainers and wont cost you a cent until you win.

My father's girl friend was rear-ended 5 years ago, and is still having some troubles. But, she just got her cheque from the claim. After the lawer's fees, she got over $200,000 dollars.

Even if you're not in it for cash, it's worth it to go do steps one and two. Your physiotherapy will likely recommend you to a lawyer.

Most importantly, dont talk to your insurance past getting clearance for your physio. They're on a need to know basis. The less they know, the better.

Once you get a lawyer, they cant call you anymore. Everything is done through the lawyer's office.

Hope that helps =)

Comment

Heh, yeah i don't know about the lawyer thing.. i mean i already booked an appointment with ICBC this thursday for me and my girlfriend, we're going in to explain what happened i suppose and how we feel.. but we are definitely going to the doctors, etc.. and about this 200,000.. i thought they only pay you if you're injured to the extent where you can't go to work etc.. and i mean if you're trying to milk them.. you pretty much gota stay at home or not be seen doing anything physical am i wrong?

Comment

I'm assuming ICBC is your insurance institution. I would say hold off on that, and speak to a physiotherapy clinic.

They should give you a lawyer at no cost, and it should not cost a thing to consult you.

And to get money, you need to be "disabled." Meaning you are having trouble sleeping, you cant do your laundry as easy, ect. A general loss of quality of life, is enough reason to make you a candidate. The lawyer will sue the other insurance company for cash, and give you the majority of it.

Think of it this way... Before the accident, you were like this. After the accident, you are feeling different.

And no, you dont have you lose your job to collect money. You could be mentally scared, your girlfriend could be scared to ever drive with you again. Many things...

Bottom line, see a free accident claims lawyer, before you see your insurance. And definately, go to physiotherapy and a doctor for x-rays.

Comment

take photos... LOTS of photos...
          and write everything down, and have your GF sign it...

you need to do this in case the insurance tries to screw you over.

if you can.. buy it back and part it out, you'll make more money if the engine has some goodies on it.

chances are if you can't open your drivers side door your frame is finished.

sorry to hear about this.
          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Alright, well i just called a lawyers office, secretary told me that it's kind of too soon to see if i have an injury case yet, but she told me to go to doctors.. etc.. get all those steps done.. and if in a week, we're still hurting then we should go to them. However, she also told me that i shouldn't have anything to worry about because it was a rear-ender = 100% not my fault.. SO anyways... the question is now.. how much will the skyline get me back in the pocket..?? Everything is stock with the engine, except there are exterior body kits, sound systems, and decorative stuff...

QUESTION - How much am i looking at to get back for a write-off 1990 skyline 2 door couple. Engine = stock. Exterior = bodykit.

Comment

thats hard to say, basically icbc will just look at online add since they definitely have no clue on skylines and compare what others are going for locally with similar modifications.
              make sure you have all your receipts so you can show what you have put into it.
              I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
              (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
              ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Id say 8 or so, depending on its condition (prior to the acc. of course). one thing I will say is try your best to buy back the car if its written off. If you get paid out 8 for the car, and are able to buy it back for less than 2k, you can part out the rest of the car that is in great shape still and make a killing!
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Find several kijiji ad's and some ads on here for gts-t's ranging around 7-8k, send them to icbc... If you get that much you should be able to spend ~2k more out of your pocket and find a nice gtr. But definitely buy the car back.
                  BNR32- Sold
                  1998 Evolution V

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crash, hopefully your not injured at all. If you decide to part the car out and you have a gtr bumper PM me, I know someone who will want it.
                    Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                    Next question is: should I stroke it??
                    Originally posted by Wingnut
                    Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I'm sure they look up the value of your vehicle based on how much you pay for your premium. It all works out from when you initiated your insurance and the current book value.

You may have some trouble being reimbursed for your sound system. They will likely tell you that they are not insuring your sound system, but it wasnt in it when they appraised it.

Defintely a good idea to get your lost car back, and sell it for parts or something to that effect.

Comment

Ok i appreciate all the advice and info guys.. you have no idea haha seeing how this is my first " real " accident/injury claim" etc.. Anyways, i have an appointment with ICBC this thursday with my girlfriend, and im sure they'll ask us how we feel etc what happened. For now though, i know not to sign ****.. tell them **** your doctor, i have my own family doctor i can go to.. and then from there on.. I'm probably gona keep this post updated just to get more advice as i take on more steps... i really do appreciate all the help and it shows what a great community the skyline one really is.. thanks again!

Comment

Sounds good, good luck with everything. I wish you two a speedy recovery.

Comment

I got rear ended in October 2009. The insurance company looked at it and decided it was totaled. They gave me the appraisal value of the car. They didn't even look at what GT-R's were selling for these days, just the value of the car when it was appraised.

I also was told by many people to talk to a lawyer and see a doctor. But the only way I would be compensated money wise is if I was seriously injured. If I were unable to do basic household chores like laundry, cleaning, taking out the trash, they would provide someone to do that for me. But as far as monetary reward, it's very difficult from what I gathered. Didn't feel like taking time off of work to go to physio etc. just to get a maid.

Comment

OK. Wow. I should get notification when someone gets involved with ICBC.
                              First off. You are sore. You will be. See a doctor right away. Continue to see the doctor at least once a week to check up, no matter if you feel better or worse. After 2 weeks if you aren't significantly better, seek treatment (ask the doctor). This will be in the form of physio or massage therapy. This is paid for through part 7 benefits. If you are ordered off work. ICBC has a contractual right to pay you wage loss, again part 7 benefits. Keep this well documented, write a journal and see doctors.

Lawyer. Not yet. Not until you are past any wage loss and treatment you need. You can consult a lawyer, but do not hire one. ICBC will cut you off and give you a bitch of a time with any benefits you are entitled to once you get a lawyer. Personal Injury settlements are years down the road, so a lawyer now is un-neccesary unless ICBC screws you over on benefits.

Lastly. The car. Expect it will be a writeoff. For value. Look around, Craigslist, Kijiji. Find local ads for cars as close to identical as yours. Mods don't matter as much as KMs etc. But, they still do matter. A bone stock GTS vs a 300hp kitted GTS will be a big price difference. Be reasonable, but find higher priced examples of your car, as ICBC will do the opposite.

ONE KEY NOTE. ICBC WILL, and I stress this, act as your friend to extract information from you. They WILL use this against you. They WILL try and deny you benefits they are under contractual right to provide. ICBC WILL out and out lie to you and break the law essentially, because if you sign off on it, it all becomes ok. Look through their BS. Call them on it. Get what you need. Be nice, polite and professional, yet firm.

I will keep an eye on this for updates.
                              Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                              --------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X