No announcement yet.

My skyline got rear ended smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey funny gas thanks for the input, and also k-man. Just a question, K-man, how much did ICBC pay u out for ur gt-r i suppose it was?

Comment

k-mans in toronto, we dont have the luxury of dealing with ICBC out here
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I'm just stressing out over how much im expecting to get back as a write-off.. cause it sounds to me like this injury compensation gain is will cause me more stress and pain then i'm already in.. but nonetheless i'll still go through to my own doctor, not sign anything, and still consult with a lawyer. I just want to know what they want to dish out for my totalled piece of crap O_O..

Comment

keep in mind too that you had a GTS-4 which compared to a GTS or a GTS-t is a more rare vehicle and is or should be worth more... its not very easy to find a nice 4dr gts-4 and that should be reflected in the value of the vehicle...

awd vs rwd.... awd is worth more and make sure you stress this... also if there are no comparable GTS-4's available include GTR's as they would be the closest thing you could compare the GTS-4 too... same suspension and drive train just a different engine and tranny...
          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
          \'90 GTR32

Comment

It is worth the hassle if you consider the cost to yourself if you just said **** it and didn't take the help available to you.
            As for the car. Like I said you have to do you research. What you paid doesn't matter.
            For reference. My 2 writeoffs last year:
            1992 GTS (non turbo), Low KM (40,000km), Peeling clear coat, otherwise awesome condition. Exhaust, Tanabe struts + RSR Springs. 16" Stern wheels.
            ICBC Paid me $7000 for this. (they might not have known it was non turbo)
            1992 GTS-t 4 door. Origin kit. Shaved trunk with airbrushing. Custom paint. 17" wheels, Exhaust, FMIC, adjustable cam gears, tuned ECU.
            ICBC paid me $10.800
            Gives you and idea, but you need to prove MARKET vaule for your car. Look at local ads for ones that are very similar.
            Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
            --------------------------------

Comment

Ok, i will do that then, and btw, my car was a gts-4 coupe.. awd/rwd, toggle switch, aftermarket body kit, full aftermarket exhaust that the ******* bitch bent in half.. aftermarket rims, no dmg to pain at all except back right corner where some other stupid bitch hit and run me.. i just cleaned out most of the mold in the interior.. etc.. ANYWAYS... i will compare it to local ads, if need be, TBH.. if i just got around 5-6 grand for it.. i'd be " satisfied ".. Oh and btw, it is a turbo as well.

Comment

Ok, so to whoever has been following this post... I just had an appointment with ICBC today, doctors, met with the estimator, pretty much whole 9 yards. Long story short, all this talk about not signing **** is hard to understand.. the things that they make you sign don't go agaisnt you, however.. i think it's the statement that you give them, that they can use agaisnt you if you sign... everything else was for them to allow my work to compensate me, allow physiotherapists to help me, etc.. nothing outa the ordinary.. HOWEVER tho.. the lady did seem to be too nice, and i'm guessing they're all like this, anyways, doctor did his thing prescribed me pills etc, i told the estimator i want 7g's for my ride, he first said 5g's, then after showing him that my gts-4 ISN"T a gts-t, he changed his mind.. so awaiting for the final result.. but the next step is to take these meds, then seek physio if need be..

Comment

How much did you get for the car..

did it have the White Un painted Orgin Kit on it? and a dent in the Front hood?

If so i saw it on a tow truck the other day..
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                    How much did you get for the car..

did it have the White Un painted Orgin Kit on it? and a dent in the Front hood?

If so i saw it on a tow truck the other day..
                    Yeah lol, that "was" my car. I got my asking of 7,000 from icbc..

Comment

Originally posted by ownedbynak View Post
                      Yeah lol, that "was" my car. I got my asking of 7,000 from icbc..
                      should have said more so now with your newfound wealth what you gonna get?
                      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                        should have said more so now with your newfound wealth what you gonna get?
                        Yeah, everyone says that, but after looking up some ads for gts-4's, most of the "mint" ones or the tuned out ones were going for around 8-9 grand. Odo was 130 - 160, mine had 135. My car already had a back rear hit and run, dent in the front hood, stock engine, just aftermarket body and HIDS. So ya, i don't think it was tooooo bad of a deal, but still be grateful ICBC didn't give me the shaft lol.

Comment

Did your car have anything done to the suspension?
                          Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                            Did your car have anything done to the suspension?
                            Nope.

Comment

When they investigated, did they look up pricing? and what was their offer (If lower than what you got)

Comment

Originally posted by Pling501 View Post
                                When they investigated, did they look up pricing? and what was their offer (If lower than what you got)
                                They offered me 5 grand...

Comment

Working...
                                X