No announcement yet.

My skyline got rear ended smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben was this the GTS4 that you're parting out?
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Just a word of caution when dealing with insurance claims in ontario , the process actually changed enforced by the government.

It means that everyone is at "no fault" during an accident meaning in laymans terms that every insurance company has to take care of their own insured NOT the other party.

If someone rear ends you and it's their fault , your insurance company payes for your losses (material and medical) and the other partys insurance pays for theirs.

SO if you have a written off vehicle , personal injury etc etc it's YOUR insurance company footing the bill NOT the other persons insurance party.

This was enforced so that claims and disputes could be resolved in a much faster way by cutting out the correspondance between involved parties and insurance companies.

The problem is that now YOUR insurance company has to foot YOUR bill YOU have to be incredibly careful what you say to them. ESPECIALLY in the event of personal injury.

Ironically that is why its cheaper to insure a Chevy impala than a CHevy cobalt. The smaller car's occupants have less protection in a cobalt than in the much large impala meaning that the personal injury liability is much higher. the speed of the vehicle and power of the impala is not considered so much when grouping a car for insurance.

The cost of writing off a car pales in comparison to the pay offs from personal injury claims.

read this :-

Comment

I think what you are saying is the same here in BC. I dealt with my insurance company in regards to my accident when hit by someone from Ontario. Once the claim was complete, ICBC sent a bill to the Ontario insurance company that was representing the guy who hit me. The reason for this is, your insurance company is responsible for you, they can get things done quicker here. Thats what you pay for. Fault is only there to determine who will pay the bill at the end of it all. If you were left with dealing with the other person's insurance company you get left in the situation where they are looking out for their client, and deny you any coverage.
        Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
        --------------------------------

Comment

in Ontario fault determines who was responsible fo the accident and is only used to influence your driving record including consideration for your no claims bonus etc.

Your insurance company foots the bill for your losses period , apparently the ontario government decided that the amount of payout from the major insurance companies wouldn't change as everything would average out over the long term given the thousands of claims they have to deal with each year.

Comment

Who the hell said i'm from Ontario?

Comment

Working...
            X