No announcement yet.

R32 gtr or r33 gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah very true im leaning towards another R32 but cant make up my mind lol.

Comment

Haha, so much hate for the R33. Its a gaddam Skyline GTR people. We're all cousins!

One thing I find is people are quick to judge before even seeing the car in person.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Everyone likes something different. I am partial to R33 and R34 body style. To me the R32 looks too much like a roof shingle. Really we can't tell you what to buy. You just have to decide for yourself. No matter what you pick some people will always hate it, and some will love it.
        1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
        2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
        2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
          Everyone likes something different. I am partial to R33 and R34 body style. To me the R32 looks too much like a roof shingle. Really we can't tell you what to buy. You just have to decide for yourself. No matter what you pick some people will always hate it, and some will love it.
          i really dont think you can group the 33 and the 34 in the same boat lol they look nothing alike imo.
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
            i really dont think you can group the 33 and the 34 in the same boat lol they look nothing alike imo.
            Same can be said of the 32. What about the 35, outside of the taillights, everything else looks more like a Zcar.

Comment

I prefer r33 because the front looks nicer imo
              The grill on the r32 looks just plain whereas the r33 has GEETEE-ARR on it

Comment

Originally posted by albertm7 View Post
                I prefer r33 because the front looks nicer imo
                The grill on the r32 looks just plain whereas the r33 has GEETEE-ARR on it
                lol i hope you are sarc...

I ain't hatin' BCNR33 just by looking at it on computer screens. I've seen a few and been in one, all I can say is they are bulbous.

Comment

I saw the R33 at Japan Power for the first time and I felt so inferior for some reason lol. It's fooking intimidating. I find it has the same stance as a supra. Long hood and you sit more at the back. But.... Stock for stock the R32 looks (and only looks) more like a race car. Get the 400R side skirts and it's another story! IMO they are from 2 diff. generations. They only turn off from the R32 is the front grill.
                  Last edited by GTRADDICT; 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM.
                  03 lancer dead
                  68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                  05 chevy silverado L33
                  2010 crv Wife's ride
                  1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

I love all Skyline GTRs, even more than the new R35 (blasphemy!). There was a recent issue of GTR Magazine (I think the dec issue) where every generation of GTR had an article with a representative owner and they were asked why they preferred their particular generation. Bascially each gen has its fans. Seems like everyone respected what the newest R35 is, but they all had their reasons for preferring their particular model with the overwhelming reason being the "soul" of the Rb vs the VR38. Interesting.

For me, every gen has its own pros and cons, but personally I just like the sleek look of the R33 and the way it looks like a modern R32. The R34 is more angular and macho, which I also dig. R35 is modern, and maintains the presence of what GTR is but styling is still off for me. I'm not hating on it but its just not my thing. I plan to pick an R34 up one day.

Comment

Honestly, I didn't care much for R33 GT-R's before! I changed my mind pretty quick when I had said that to the Mechanic at Zele International. To help me realize the awesomeness of the R33, he grabbed a set of keys of a mint R33 V-spec and made me take it for a spin. I was completely sold! That was way back in 2004. I owned an R32 GT-R and I'm on my second R33. R32 looks a bit dated to me and the R34 is a bit too flash for me! The R33 with it's nice curves still looks very fresh! And I love the subtle styling like it's not trying to show off! And for the haters that think the R33 is a whale, it is just slightly heavier and longer than the R32 but not by much! And the R 34 is heavier than the R33. FYI!

My cars:
                      1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                      1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Jeez guys...
                        Im gonna have one of each, ahh the joys of not having to pay for any bills or rent

I really love the r32 cause its the original race gtr, looks sickly slick too! The r33 looks alright in pics but in person its intimidating and looks alot smaller than in the pics. The r34 is just down right sex...
                        Darn those city folks and there flying machines!

Comment

R33 has a nickname "Whale".

After going for ride in a R33 GTR racecar (ex N1 / GT racecar from Japan), I can say it feels stable compared to R32. I guess the longer wheelbase helps. It felt like a GTS with weight, but with more hp, torque from engine and what felt like 0 wheelspin (semi slicks, etc).

R33 has better front suspension arm setup, preload for 4wd torque split, longer wheelbase, bracing for chassis, battery in trunk and other changes. Some say R33 was a sideways step instead of a step forward.

R34 is more like a reshaped R33 with shorter wheelbase, etc.

But I prefer the nimble, unstable R32, as it's more fun to drive.

Most rate them in this order R32, R34, R33.
                          Last edited by Skym; 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

So you're saying an R33 N1/GT race car feels better than a street showroom R32??

Comment

R33 N1 / GT racecar had upgraded suspension, etc, so it would handle, grip better than a stock R32. It felt soft, comfortable, but suspension was set to soft setting. Opposite of what you would expect from a racecar.
                              Last edited by Skym; 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I'm a 32 fan boy, never seen a r33 in person but picture of them are slowly turning me.
                                BNR32- Sold
                                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                                X