Insuring a Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insuring a Skyline

I'm looking to buy an R33 GT-S. I called up my insurance company and they said a Skyline wasn't in their database, and that if it wasn't in their database they couldn't insure it. I was just wondering if maybe the car goes by another name?

Also, I'm 21 (turning 22 this summer) and I have a few tickets (coming off in a couple months), is there any good insurance companies I can look for with decent rates? What is a decent rate for a 21 year old on a Skyline?

The reason they cant find a Skyline in there database is because the car was not sold in North America, therefore it is a grey market vehicle.

Here is a whole thread about insurance company's that might insure RHD vehicles. It's pretty tough to get insurance for RHD's now a days tho.

Hope this helps, Good luck.
    Last edited by bellis_GTR; 03-12-2011, 07:09 PM.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

hey check out an insurance broker im through intakt insurance and its 160 a month and im 24 no tickets any more

Comment

be a man, get an STI or EVO which is insurable, easier to source parts, LHD (so n chance of being subject to RHD criticism) and quicker in stock form lol.

Otherwise, keep on shopping, someone will insure you for the right price.

Originally posted by derbeck View Post
        hey check out an insurance broker im through intakt insurance and its 160 a month and im 24 no tickets any more
        And if you get backed into, it's pretty much written off cause of the claimed value is lower than the basic repair costs (which is why you pay so little and no, they don't tell you why it's cheap)
        Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-12-2011, 10:06 PM.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

it was pretty easy for me to get insurance
          the car wasn't in the database, but that wasn't really a problem, all they really need is the VIN
          heck, on my insurance card it says "95 Nissan Skyline RB26DETT" hahaha
          only lliability though

Comment

Nope actually it's insured for about $15000 so I'm good there and no it's cheap cause I've had it for 3 years and I've paid the extreme over $400 insurance and I have full coverage to the max

Comment

I'll admit that I was pretty bad in the past. At one time I had 7 speeding tickets, 1 racing conviction, and 3 suspensions. I am happy to say that that was a long time ago and the majority of that stuff is gone . Still, I'm no stranger to the $700+ auto insurance category. Sad to say but I would welcome $450 a month over what I pay now .
              Last edited by R33Dude; 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Im gonna assume suspended license

Comment

Originally posted by albertm7 View Post
                  it was pretty easy for me to get insurance
                  the car wasn't in the database, but that wasn't really a problem, all they really need is the VIN
                  heck, on my insurance card it says "95 Nissan Skyline RB26DETT" hahaha
                  only lliability though
                  Can you PM me some details?

Comment

R33dude, theres a difference. Hes in alberta, a lot easier. we are in the hell hole of insurance for the country, finding RHD insurance will most likely only come through Facility, at insane rates for only liability. no comp or collision.
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Anyone ever try insuring a car in a province other then the one where they live?

The car I'm looking at is already registered in Alberta and I may have an address I can use for insurance.
                      Last edited by R33Dude; 03-14-2011, 04:37 AM.

Comment

ICBC here is a bitch, unless its painted in bold letters on a picture of an accident w/ video you ain't gonna win. Even if I win they might write my car off so I get collision but no comprehensive so I'm paying $89 a month. Which is ridiculously cheap compared to my s2k I was paying $235 a month

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtr02 View Post
                          ICBC here is a bitch, unless its painted in bold letters on a picture of an accident w/ video you ain't gonna win. Even if I win they might write my car off so I get collision but no comprehensive so I'm paying $89 a month. Which is ridiculously cheap compared to my s2k I was paying $235 a month
                          Wrong thread maybe...

Comment

If you choose to do that, you would have to be on the policy. Im not sure if insurance companies take down people from other provinces as secondary drivers, if they dont, youre screwed. IF you decide to drive it and get in an accident, they will go in depth to prove your situation, insuring it under someone elses name elsewhere for cheaper rates, and if there is an accident or anything like that, likely you and the person who puts the car in their name will get NAILED by the insurance company. Pulling your coverage, flagging you for fraud (depends on how they see it) and you wont be able to get insurance again...maybe not you, but definitely the person who would be plating it.

My teachers are local police officers, specializing in frauds, and accident reconstruction. We've gone in depth into EVERYTHING insurance related....a few months ago I thought of this myself too, cause I have a friend in calgary and leth...but yeah its not worth it at all.
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                              If you choose to do that, you would have to be on the policy. Im not sure if insurance companies take down people from other provinces as secondary drivers, if they dont, youre screwed. IF you decide to drive it and get in an accident, they will go in depth to prove your situation, insuring it under someone elses name elsewhere for cheaper rates, and if there is an accident or anything like that, likely you and the person who puts the car in their name will get NAILED by the insurance company. Pulling your coverage, flagging you for fraud (depends on how they see it) and you wont be able to get insurance again...maybe not you, but definitely the person who would be plating it.

My teachers are local police officers, specializing in frauds, and accident reconstruction. We've gone in depth into EVERYTHING insurance related....a few months ago I thought of this myself too, cause I have a friend in calgary and leth...but yeah its not worth it at all.
                              That's what I thought.

Just a bit of perspective. I inherited a Piper Twin Comanche aircraft last year. It's got twin engines, 320HP, 22,000ft cruise altitude and a 315KM/h cruising speed. I'm the only one insured on it and it only costs me $211 a month! Plus I'm only 21! Yet, I've got a hard time finding auto insurance for less than $500 a month in Ontario mainly due to my age, gender, and vehicle type.

Auto insurance, what a scam!

Comment

Working...
                              X