Police and Nissan Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police and Nissan Skylines

1. if a cop pulls me over and asks me to open my hood (lets say its a show car, all chromed out with a single turbo) am i supposed to open my hood or can i say no, can he do anything about it???

2. what do i do if a cop (different 1 every time) pulls me over like 5 times in one day for no traffic violations (they think big exhaust, bla bla bla , etc..)

3. do people install cameras in their cars.. i heard some skyline owners do so to have evidence in case they have to go to court...

edit : btw in Toronto (GTA) police /OPP etc...
    Originally posted by Snow
    They should build an island in the shape of a race track, and then build the track under it. And air condition that b!tch.
    Originally posted by DreadedFist
    If it's not metal its POOP.

Drive the speed limit, keep her in a higher gear, no erratic lanes changes, be courteous, have all paperwork in order, strike a good conversation with officer. Should help in some ways.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

if they ask you to pop your hood respectfully ask why, and depending on the response you can say yes or no...

if you get pulled over every single day and your car is fully compliant in every respect you should go to the police detachment and reques that you not be pulled over any more, what they are doing is harrassment, unless they are writing you up a ticket becuase you have either commited an offence or because you are in violation of some regulation they should be leaving you alone... but make sure you have all your paper work and log every time it happens, what officer it was name and badge number, where it happend and of course the reason for pulling you over...

as long as you are doing nothing wrong they should be leaving you alone...

if you installed a camera in a car and failed to tell the police officer you had the camera it would most likely be inadmissable in court, you are better off haveing a regular digi-cam or video cam and use at needed tell the officer you are going to record what happens etc etc, then if you need to use it in court it will be allowable...

the only cameras i have ever heard of being install in a skyline was in the passenger side mirror so the driver could see around the car infront of him...
      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
      \'90 GTR32

Comment

just wondering, under what circumstances i dont have to open the hood. last time I got pull over, the cop told me to open my hood and VIed me on my strut bar n bov.
        Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

i think the only time they can look under your hood is if there is a qualified CVSE inspector present(or some other official inspector), or if you are busted with possesion of an illicit narcotic(too look for more stashed)

other then that why does a cop need to look under your hood
          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
          \'90 GTR32

Comment

so if a cop asks you to open the hood... for no apparent reason (ie. i was following the rules of the road and was pulled over because of exhaust or RHD)... if i say no wut can the cop do???
            They should build an island in the shape of a race track, and then build the track under it. And air condition that b!tch.

Comment

A cop can ask you to pop the hood and if you refuse he can get a search warrant for the vehicle. Of course he has to have reasonable grounds to believe that there is something illegal or the vehicle is unsafe...
              Chris

Comment

wud something like this

be considered illegal??

Comment

that pink valve cover should be illegal

But, if it looks dressed up, the cop (not knowing anything about cars) would prolyl instantly issue a VI.

I cant see any reason why they would need to see under the hood. If they asked, I would ask why. And no matter what his reason was I would request that when he has an inspector present I will pop the hood. Or ask the cop for some qualifications that allows him to decide what is stock or not.

Of course, I talk a mean game, and if I was actually pulled over I would prolly not even take my own advise. But, thats also why I drive the speed limit, I drive a 4 door, and I have a baby seat in the back. Cops connect to an individual trying to make an honest living driving an ugly silver sedan. Also should add that Jason is a gay lamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1 View Post
                    "an ugly silver sedan"
                    Anton I have to agree with everything you said :-P lol
                    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Also should add that Jason is a gay lamer.
                      he he he he

I also agree.

Comment

the 4 door hasnt helped me........benn pulled over 5 times......since sept.....4 times for doing nothing wrong....the fifth was cuz i had a burnt out headlight...and honestly how many cars do...especiialy cuz it was during the day...then again my 4 door isnt as ugly as antoins...:-P ..just kiddin antoin

The easiest way to make any car better is to tighten the nut behind the wheel.

Stupid ricers... useless wings are for penguins

Comment

Originally posted by janco View Post
                          ....4 times for doing nothing wrong...
                          Except that you were "doing it sideways"

Thats why my new looks is going sleeper. Keep the car just lowered on some "nice" rims. Then build up the motor to "look" pretty stock still. But pack the punch when you need it. I wish I could show you guys how I plan to do that. but instead you will have to just settle for my time slips when I get it to the track afterwards

Comment

Rb30det?
                            1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                            ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Except that you were "doing it sideways"

Thats why my new looks is going sleeper. Keep the car just lowered on some "nice" rims. Then build up the motor to "look" pretty stock still. But pack the punch when you need it. I wish I could show you guys how I plan to do that. but instead you will have to just settle for my time slips when I get it to the track afterwards
                              Now you got me wondering. You DID just sell the other Skyline... Hmmm I wonder what the wife will let you spend. I can see it now "Sorry baby I had to let it go for like 3K" As you count the other 5K and scheme...

Also make sure you get it REALLY low or I will have to listen to Chris bash you lol damn 4x4's :P

PS I can't quite make out that blue text but I'm sure it's something nice you said about me earlier lol
                              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X