D*ck Swing! Need your opinions/thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
    I don't think the disput is 2-6 months..more like 1year. I have my widen exhaust ticket dispute and it was 2years..still no court date yet.
    Chances are it has been thrown out of court/officer is delaying it because of weak findings.

Comment

Originally posted by M13
      Chances are it has been thrown out of court/officer is delaying it because of weak findings.
      I was just thinking the same thing, thats quite a while with nothing heard.
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

wow you guys have some nice cars in BC looked like a mostly fun day out.
        that sucsk though that you got targetted, sounds like he was just cranky and decided on giving you a ticket.

Comment

It doesn't matter where you live, Some Cops do whatever they want. For some that is why they became cops. I have a good friend that is a cop and you would be surprised with the **** some pull while completely knowing they are full of it. Because most people will not question what they have to say. I think you played the whole situation pretty smart. If a cops wants to pull you over for stupid sunglass you have on they can and then make up some ******** reason about your lights or how you failed to signal just saying.

Comment

I had a similar instance when I drove to North Van and was going into a shopping store on Lonsdale in North Vancouver. I turned the corner and on the opposite side of the street facing the other direction was a RCMP cruiser parked. He waited till I turned the corner and then then followed me into the parking lot. I parked my car and as I turned off my engine and was leaving the vehicle, he blocked the rear of car on his approach and turned on his lights. The commotion created quite a stir in the whole lot. He asked if I knew why he was stopping me and I replied' It was probable not for my charming looks- and he got uptight'. I couldn't figure out the situation- he claim I had defaced my license plate infront. I had a center low mount plate on my s15 nose and I had folded the bottom of the plate tabs over and under to secure the mount. I told him that it was the same amount if not MORE than any other plate as I didn't have a plate frame, so the excess omount I was showing on the top half made up for it. There is no plate number or tags so I said what was the issue- there's nothing there at all anyway. I had a full plate -no plate from on the rear anyway. He said that it was under the officers discretion to make the judgement. I told him he had poor judgement and since when is the law discretionary anyways!
            Just so you guys know, I was 45 yrs old at this time, even though I drive a JDM racer, its fully done, I still look like a businessman. He got so uptight that when he took my license info for the ticket he forgot to fill in the area on the ticket with it. I still took it to heart, and was deeply offended by the situation. He demanded I fix it and within 72 hrs take it to the nearest precinct to be re-inspected and then they'll throw out the ticket. I went back to my service garage -pounded out the bottom straight- made a new custom bottom mount and hen promptly drove over to RCMP in Burnaby main office. I went to the desk and got the Sgt. attending to come outside and inspect. He laughed when I showed him what I was there for and when he saw the ticket. I told him that the other officer wasted my time- now I was wasting his. He agreed it was bogus and said that the improper ticket alone was enough to throw it out with- then just tore it up.
            I usually show my cars and am involved with police/driver education. I also help out with Delta Police and find most officers are decent and will give lax on basic issues as long as you don't openly flaunt the fault. The front plate missing is a big one.. I can see
            their point of view after working with them (hence my GTR32 has JDM front mount), as does my s13.5 but the bending curling thing as long as its visible confuses me. I agree with you fully on get the problem maker , not spoil the whole fun of a group. That was what the police PACER program was all about. Educate and teach others to do things safely and have fun. When I am helping out in Delta I have met guys ripping it and causing a commotion (one was in a GTST), I pull up an quietly suggest a few things -drive away and watch for awhile. The one guy I had a nice talk with and told him who I was and my tag name here. I try to pass this scenario onto the partners I get. It makes for better relations respect. By the way I am a volunteer, so don't narc me or anything. A lot of people know me, I just enjoy helping and volunteering. I just think you have a valid case, and its something that should be addressed to allow car clubs to flourish here as the do in the USA. More police involvements at events would get better relations established and guarantee cars are put together safely (especially when- over proved race components are used) as log as they are installed correctly there shouldn't be a problem to show a coil over or a hood lock or cage -just because you want to have one or have to put on the track on weekends. This is done in other countries and accepted. It would make our hobby more enjoyable and accepted, and limit those that really screw it up for others.
            Paul U.

Comment

Working...
            X