Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matty View Post
    I did not re-vin my last one.
    The reason I went with a re-vin on the early ones was because I was a young driver with a poor driving record. Finding regular insurance at a decent rate was hard enough.

This avenue, although exhausting, made life easier.
    Now that i'm older and my record is getting better, I can find insuracne more readily.

It helps that im working with RightDrive now. We have a few insuracne companies that insure our customers cars with next to no hassle. We've managed to set up a few relationships in the insurance industry over the past few years.
    can anyone confirm cheaper insurance through a re-vin?

I'm with the cooperators and they put me through "facility" insurance which is another company. I'm guessing that if they had a "real" VIN, they wouldn't have to put me through this facility company and I wouldn't get charged these "last resort insurance company" rates.

anyone?

Comment

I can't confirm if its cheaper but it is easier.

My GTR was about 100 bucks cheaper per month then my Supra.
      Not sure if its a re-vin thing or different value of the cars.
      The Supra is under a 19A policy and appraised for a little over 16K.

Comment

I'm with raijin, if a re-vin saves me a few hundred per month, its worth the upfront cost, of course.
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

so the point of a re-vin is so you will have the full 17 dig #? my ins.co just put 0's to fill in the empty #'s?
          1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
          2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

Doing drive through lol.

Comment

Does anyone know the costs and process of getting a skyline re VIN'd in Alberta
              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

So I've done a lot of fruitless searching both here and all over the internetz, and I was wondering if someone could tell me any/all locations of the VIN on a Skyline?

ICBC says that despite the car already being registered in Alberta (for some time now), and even with the BC inspection done (all matching VINs,obviously), that if the Autoplan broker can't visually confirm at least two locations of the JDM VIN I need to get a BC VIN installed. Also, I've been dealing with the London Drugs Autoplan broker, and they've been most helpful and apologetic on ICBC's behalf.

Any help on the locations?

Comment

Originally posted by ltd1982 View Post
                  So I've done a lot of fruitless searching both here and all over the internetz, and I was wondering if someone could tell me any/all locations of the VIN on a Skyline?

ICBC says that despite the car already being registered in Alberta (for some time now), and even with the BC inspection done (all matching VINs,obviously), that if the Autoplan broker can't visually confirm at least two locations of the JDM VIN I need to get a BC VIN installed. Also, I've been dealing with the London Drugs Autoplan broker, and they've been most helpful and apologetic on ICBC's behalf.

On pretty well all JDM cars there is one V.I.N stamped into the firewall on the driver's side... not sure about any other places though.

Comment

Any other Woes and Troubles?
                    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Originally posted by ltd1982 View Post

Well if you only need 2 you have them both under the hood on the firewall, right next to each other.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, they said that they had to be in two separate locations, however. Unfortunately, 2 that close together on the firewall didn't fit their idea of what constitutes a separate location.

Comment

Working...
                        X