TD insurance will not insure RHD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR33 View Post
    Interesting, just got a quote from TD here for my R33 GTR, no problem, quite reasonable. Maybe just a problem in Ontario?
    From what i've read there is a law in Alberta that says that insurance companies cannot deny you basic insurance, but of course they will let you add all the options, they make more money that way. Anyways i'm 99% sure that law doesn't exist in Ontario. It's a shame, we need laws to keep insurance in line... and gas prices lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
      Sure sounds like it.
      I must add though, I pay $76 a month... ICBC is the sh1t.
      Jon.
      At least if my car gets written of I don't need to wring necks to get a payout for even half of what my car is worth (an issue that I have read on these forums a number of times with the BC folk). Don't mind get raped paying almost triple when it actually "insures" me when I need it. Things the government owns don't cut cheques, private insurers do.
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

TD Insurance is ran by Primmum Insurance Company across Canada, and in Ontario by TD General Insurance Company. Hense the problem which arises for Ontario folk.
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
        1969 Cooper S. Restored
        1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

huh, I've had my skyline insured through TD meloche monnex for years
          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
            huh, I've had my skyline insured through TD meloche monnex for years
            I've heard really good things about them, my dad is thinking of switching to them...hes been with allstate since before I was born haha
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I had my Impreza and my Skyline insured with TD MM when I was in Alberta and it was the easiest and most hassle free insurance and registration I've done out of Saskatchewan, BC and Alberta.

They also treated me very fairly when my Impreza got stolen; if I was still able to insure with them in BC I would have in a heartbeat (and not just to avoid the 58% hike in premiums).

Comment

Tried to insure my toyota today would not insure because the tires are 2" bigger then stock. So I have to purchase 6 bolt rims OEM and normal tires for them sigh...
                You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
                  At least if my car gets written of I don't need to wring necks to get a payout for even half of what my car is worth (an issue that I have read on these forums a number of times with the BC folk). Don't mind get raped paying almost triple when it actually "insures" me when I need it. Things the government owns don't cut cheques, private insurers do.
                  Au Contrare (sp?), every sky I have heard of getting writen off the owner got at least 25% more than they had in it. If you want extra coverage you just pay for it. If I wrote my car off all I have to do is come up with 5 to 10 ads for similar cars for sale and they will give you that amount.

They actually cut cheques pretty quick. You also get first dibs in buying the car back from them. I have seen guys get $12k for their car, buy it back for $1500 then part that bitch out for another $6k to $10k.

Jon.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

They actually cut cheques pretty quick. You also get first dibs in buying the car back from them. I have seen guys get $12k for their car, buy it back for $1500 then part that bitch out for another $6k to $10k.

Jon.
                    quoted for truth

look at frankiman for example. really, he made an absolute killing.
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Au Contrare (sp?)
                      For future reference, "Au contraire".
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Au Contrare (sp?), every sky I have heard of getting writen off the owner got at least 25% more than they had in it. If you want extra coverage you just pay for it. If I wrote my car off all I have to do is come up with 5 to 10 ads for similar cars for sale and they will give you that amount.

Jon.
                        Yea... ask FunnyGas about his series of unfortunate event and how he went from an NA GTS to a wicked 280+hp 4dr. Took a few cars but he was paid out in an acceptable fashion to say the least...
                        DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

td has been great to me.... tho im from calgary.
                          with td full coverage for me is 225$ monthly
                          and without colision its 130 or 135 i beleive

btw this is on a gtr with 500$ deductable
                          If you're not first you're last

Comment

Working...
                          X