Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Gov't seizing more skylines.... watch out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Gov't seizing more skylines.... watch out!

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have to sit and watch as a tow truck takes away your most prized possession, and theres nothing you can do about it.
    Sean posted this heart-breaking story here: http://tinyurl.com/4k79oh3

I know this was a hot topic a few years back, but I figure its worth a read, and everyone remembers just how lucky we are, sometimes. I'm wondering now if Canada would ever do something like this to combat all the illegally vinned and plated S15's, R34's etc...
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

yeah, the owner of SkylineOwnersUSA had his ECR33 siezed yesterday. Definitely sucks, glad we have our 15 year law and grandfathering if it swaps to 25.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

yea thats the story sean posted, soo upsetting!
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

they dont have to wait too much longer. 2012 for 88's to be legal. I am happy we have our 15 year rule, for sure!

I've had a Skyline sized in the US before, so I've been on that sinking boat once already Sucks!
        ALLEN PETERSEN
        Number (604) 961-2449
        4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
        RB30`s for sale!

Comment

That's absolutely horrible! I can't even imagine how steve feels right now. My question is why didn't motorex take the 32 and 34 and crash test them as well? I imagine there would be cost to it but if they hold the rights to having the legal paperwork I don't understand why they wouldn't carry it out. All I have to say is this is ridiculous and not surprised because the government will always try and screw you no matter what country! Everything fun yes taken away well you pay all the money to do so! Nothing but pure bullshitt!
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I don't get how they can take such a gangster's approach to this. Yes, you're a government, but your job is to serve the people. So what do you do, esentially steal the car from someone and then auction it off to recoup all the money spent on wielding the power to do this in the first place. how about just saying the car cannot be driven on the road?

democracy is pretty much imaginary.
            1/1_Scale
            パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

That REALLY sucks! Meanwhile, countless illegals carrying the REAL contraband into the country are coming in by the thousands. Why doesn't Homeland/ICE (or whatever they're called now), put more effort into stopping REAL issues? What a misguided bunch they are. Sad. Just really sad.

Comment

Its the same reason the cops pick on car enthusiests in winnipeg rather than worrying about solving real crime issues in the city.

They do things like this because it's the most profit for the least amount of work. They would rather seize someones vehicle and get rid of it making a bit of profit, rather than spending money to ensure that illigal people/ substances don't get into their country.

Its unfortunatly the way the system works, and it's not meant to be broken, because the people in it don't want it to be broken.
                Originally posted by Paradis
                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                  That's absolutely horrible! I can't even imagine how steve feels right now. My question is why didn't motorex take the 32 and 34 and crash test them as well? I imagine there would be cost to it but if they hold the rights to having the legal paperwork I don't understand why they wouldn't carry it out. All I have to say is this is ridiculous and not surprised because the government will always try and screw you no matter what country! Everything fun yes taken away well you pay all the money to do so! Nothing but pure bullshitt!
                  They didn't because they didn't think the R32 would pass, and the R34s were too new at the time, they didn't want to destroy one.

Comment

Well I was thinking about this all last night because I'm still pretty mad about this and I had a question.... Why the he'll would they let so many cars in the country and let them be state titled and then just randomly one day say we are going to seize all the cars....

Oh yaaaa that's right, can you say money grab!

They are just mad because the domestic cars their country produces is no match of quality that the Japanese can.

Comment

lol thats exactly what I said!

The reason mpi is cracking down so hard on rhd here is because of pressure from the dealerships here.3

Money grabs/ taxation are the correction for poorly run governments... got the saying from another post on this forum.
                      Last edited by Tony-R32; 03-03-2011, 11:31 PM.
                      Originally posted by Paradis
                      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Point of the fact is Motorex tried to screw the system and it's coming back to bite people in the ass.

Plain and simple.
                        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                          Well I was thinking about this all last night because I'm still pretty mad about this and I had a question.... Why the he'll would they let so many cars in the country and let them be state titled and then just randomly one day say we are going to seize all the cars....

Oh yaaaa that's right, can you say money grab!

They are just mad because the domestic cars their country produces is no match of quality that the Japanese can.
                          You give them too much credit, the branches of the government dont really talk to each other that much let alone conspire. Also in the US there is a strong distinction between federal and state governments with each party having their own narrowly defined jurisdiction and roles and as a result likely wont raise issues or listen to each other very much.
                          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                          Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Trust me man when I say this. They had to bail out a shitty American cooperation just a little while ago which was gm and they are a large part of the American automotive field. They gotta make the money up some how so they are doing it where they know they can! Gathering all the cars that are rhd in the states and selling them off to other countries will gain some half decent revenue if you ask me! I just feel bad for people that are building the 800hp r34s and in the middle of their build while all this is going on! Once again, I have no believe in our government nor will I support their stupid decisions!

Comment

It makes sense to bail out GM... rather spend some cash then have to deal with 300,000 job loses.
                              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                              1969 Cooper S. Restored
                              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Working...
                              X