Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Gov't seizing more skylines.... watch out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have preferred if they wouldn't have gone thought with the bail out. For the simple fact,
    that this should be the way thing are suppose to be run, and mostly because this is how you get
    rid of the inefficient company. If GM would have disappear, it would have created a void, yes, it
    takes time to fill. But think about this, how can a government truly be impartial when they
    F***ING own a major car company.

The bail out for GM, was more for paying there retirement plan, then anything else. Sincerely, if
    I was ask to take less money or loose every thing. I would take the pay cut. Their syndicate
    didn't want a pay cut. Causing the government to step in.

End of my rent.
    14 VW Jetta TDI
    05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
    95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
    95 240sx ( powered)
    89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

The only thing is if gm the shitty company that it is went out of business like Braden said too many people would be out of a job. And you think they have enough problems with poverty there now there would be way too much once gm went bankrupt and stayed there. Also if there was no bail out it would be like the domestic market giving up. If gm was gone who would compete with Japanese cars? Just some food for thought. Like I said the government is bs and nothing but corrupt. The people in the positions that handle our tax dollars piss it away and then to boot they will come up with more ways that we have to pay money(hst) seriously are you kidding me.
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

The GM bailout is a moot point, the money was paid back a long time ago. The UAW can suck my left testie and the US government will recoupe about $50 from siezing all of those cars and then selling them to some other country. The rest of the world (us included) pay about $5k to $15k for any of those cars at Japanese Auction. The americans pay through the nose because the cars are rare there, not so rare elsewhere.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
          The GM bailout is a moot point, the money was paid back a long time ago. The UAW can suck my left testie and the US government will recoupe about $50 from siezing all of those cars and then selling them to some other country. The rest of the world (us included) pay about $5k to $15k for any of those cars at Japanese Auction. The americans pay through the nose because the cars are rare there, not so rare elsewhere.
          Jon.
          Repayed lmao

The first one explains it better, but you might not believe him. Now don't tell me you don't believe the second tho.

I know your going to say well they had a public offering, well even with it and the rise in
          the price of share the government still own over 20%.

I would like to see the 1 milions there talking about. From what I could find GM seam
          to employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in
          some 157 countries. How many in the US ? My tough are they incorporated the
          company they buy parts from and there dealer distribution. Which is like saying if
          we stop making cars, an equal amount of people are going to stop buying them, which
          is complete bull crap.

Yes I do understand why it was done, it doesn't mean I approve of the fundamental
          behing it.

Just like calling a car a domestic or an import, it's overrated. In Canada we export
          more Honda then actually import. What does that make it ? And do you think that
          GM makes ALL there vehicle in the US ? They are still and will continue to cut jobs
          in the US to produce cars where it's cheaper.

GM will do every thing in there power for the well being of it's share holders, NOT
          THE US POPULATION. Yet this population just saved it's ass.

End of my rant.

And your right, they aren't going to make any money out of siezing those cars, hell they
          would be lucky to brake even, with every thing involved. I guess they don,t have anything
          better to do, or want to divert the attention somewhere else.
          Last edited by collector240sx; 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM.
          14 VW Jetta TDI
          95 240sx ( powered)
          89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

If GM didn't get bailed out, the consequences would be far over-reaching than the auto industry. Yes there will be void, yes it MIGHT eventually fill up, but during the time that it does, so many people would lose jobs. Besides the obvious of every GM employee being fired, a lot of the plastics, metal, rubber, etc... all the other industries that serve as the backbone to creating what we call an automobile would also be f'ed up their asshole. The amount of money they spent to save GM, would be minimal to what would have happened to the US economy if they just let it sunk. +, GM is actually turning around now, they are slowly losing their brand image of being crappy and fuel guzzling to reliable and fuel sipping.

Originally posted by collector240sx View Post
            I would have preferred if they wouldn't have gone thought with the bail out. For the simple fact,
            that this should be the way thing are suppose to be run, and mostly because this is how you get
            rid of the inefficient company. If GM would have disappear, it would have created a void, yes, it
            takes time to fill. But think about this, how can a government truly be impartial when they
            F***ING own a major car company.

The bail out for GM, was more for paying there retirement plan, then anything else. Sincerely, if
            I was ask to take less money or loose every thing. I would take the pay cut. Their syndicate
            didn't want a pay cut. Causing the government to step in.

End of my rent.

Comment

Originally posted by albertm7 View Post
              If GM didn't get bailed out, the consequences would be far over-reaching than the auto industry. Yes there will be void, yes it MIGHT eventually fill up, but during the time that it does, so many people would lose jobs. Besides the obvious of every GM employee being fired, a lot of the plastics, metal, rubber, etc... all the other industries that serve as the backbone to creating what we call an automobile would also be f'ed up their asshole. The amount of money they spent to save GM, would be minimal to what would have happened to the US economy if they just let it sunk. +, GM is actually turning around now, they are slowly losing their brand image of being crappy and fuel guzzling to reliable and fuel sipping.
              I don't think you understand what I said, so I'll say it strait. I would have preferred if GM Filled for bankruptcy.
              Bankruptcy doesn't mean every one loose there jobs yet, it just mean get your **** together, this is how it's going
              down or your f*ck. I don't believe in the bail out, because GM didn't need to be bailed out. They needed to get there
              employee back down to earth. There wage and pension was and is still there biggest problem, because of this bail out.

I remember reading a article a long time ago on Bloomberg, well guess I found it again ( Got to love google).

Here's the link :

And here is what I was referring to when I was talking about GM only thinking about there investor.
              After all that's what there suppose to do.

Where do you think there doing there research right now. Yep, china, in beijing to be more precise.

Here is what they won't show on North American TV.

This is why GM is doing better, and why more and more jobs are going to move out of North America.

But you have the right to think what you want, in this world where the big can afford major screw up,
              with little to no consequence, And still get yearly bonus bigger than most people make in there life.
              14 VW Jetta TDI
              95 240sx ( powered)
              89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

What ever happened with the Skylines being seized? This thread got jacked BIG TIME! Stick to the point or start a new thread.

Comment

That sucks, America is to strict

Comment

JDMKING How did you get your 1996 and 1992 33 & 32 V-Sec's into the States?
                    aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

That suck..but where do the cars go?(I read the article quick)
                      Can Canadians buy them now?
                      1993 GTR
                      1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

Possibly crushed.
                        GTRC-OG

Comment

^ very likely
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

auctioned off to other countries for export.

Comment

they never sell though. its cheaper to buy locally/import from japan than to import from the US. thus, they usually sit, and are eventually crushed.
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I got stopped by customs and they CRUSHED my DREAMS!
                                aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

Working...
                                X