No announcement yet.

I got pulled over yesterday - Brampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish Suncor didn't block everything out here, I want to read or watch whatever it is Tricky1991 had to say, but I have to thank Hozer for the backup, and for understanding my point, I want the Cops, and the general public to accept the RHD community like they accept the antique car owners. Because let's all face it, the Tuner Scene is losing face left right and centre.... And being a A** to a cop or try'n to be the man who beat the cops isn't helping the overall scene. Maybe one day, just maybe I would like a person that knows nothing about cars to appreciate my car like a 69 Camaro...... Instead of some Import car with a loud exhaust. And I work part-time at a body shop that caters to antique cars, I see this all the time.

For example, Every Thursday night there is a lot night for antique cars, there is always about 400 people at A&W, lots of cars. The cops are there as well. Around 10, when people are starting to leave, the Cops, block off the road, and allows everyone to burn a bit of rubber and put on a little show. Very cool, and nice of them. Now there is a Tuner meet on Tuesday night, not very far from A&W, same road, the cops are there as well, but they are there looking for "illegal Mods", people are always running there mouth's and being a general a**, busting out phones and HTA's and all this crap, It is getting worse and worse..... It just so happens I convinced my friend, a RNC officer to come down, while on duty, with me, and I was attempting to show him that we aren't that bad, we aren't all A**'S, it failed, myself and Bobby walked up to a pretty hot 350Z, Bobby asked buddy what was under the hood, genuinely interested as Bobby wanted to buy one, un-named person, took offense, flipped out, saying **** about ticketing him. We just walked back over to our cars(my skyline parked next to his police car) and left, I haven't gone back since. My skyline will never attend another "Tuner Car Meet". I can be found at A&W....

Moral of the story, maybe we should try to work with the police to change the general view of our scene, and maybe one day a thread like this will never be started.
    Last edited by RhdHybrid; 09-21-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RhdHybrid View Post
      I really wish Suncor didn't block everything out here, I want to read or watch whatever it is Tricky1991 had to say, but I have to thank Hozer for the backup, and for understanding my point, I want the Cops, and the general public to accept the RHD community like they accept the antique car owners. Because let's all face it, the Tuner Scene is losing face left right and centre.... And being a A** to a cop or try'n to be the man who beat the cops isn't helping the overall scene. Maybe one day, just maybe I would like a person that knows nothing about cars to appreciate my car like a 69 Camaro...... Instead of some Import car with a loud exhaust. And I work part-time at a body shop that caters to antique cars, I see this all the time.

For example, Every Thursday night there is a lot night for antique cars, there is always about 400 people at A&W, lots of cars. The cops are there as well. Around 10, when people are starting to leave, the Cops, block off the road, and allows everyone to burn a bit of rubber and put on a little show. Very cool, and nice of them. Now there is a Tuner meet on Tuesday night, not very far from A&W, same road, the cops are there as well, but they are there looking for "illegal Mods", people are always running there mouth's and being a general a**, busting out phones and HTA's and all this crap, It is getting worse and worse..... It just so happens I convinced my friend, a RNC officer to come down, while on duty, with me, and I was attempting to show him that we aren't that bad, we aren't all A**'S, it failed, myself and Bobby walked up to a pretty hot 350Z, Bobby asked buddy what was under the hood, genuinely interested as Bobby wanted to buy one, un-named person, took offense, flipped out, saying **** about ticketing him. We just walked back over to our cars(my skyline parked next to his police car) and left, I haven't gone back since. My skyline will never attend another "Tuner Car Meet". I can be found at A&W....

Moral of the story, maybe we should try to work with the police to change the general view of our scene, and maybe one day a thread like this will never be started.
      Couldn't agree with this more. Like arguing with your wife... Even when you're actually right, you're still wrong; no good can come of it.
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Couldn't agree with this more. Like arguing with your wife... Even when you're actually right, you're still wrong; no good can come of it.
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie View Post
          Hey Guys,

So i needed gas and was looking for a Shell station and in the process ran into some cops (RIDE program).
          It was a roadblock so all cars were being pulled over. So i creep up slowly, and one of the cops signals me to stop, so i did.
          Two cops came up on the left side and this is how it goes:

1st Cop: Good Afternoon, Sir this is the RIDES program so we checking if any drivers are driving under the influence. Have you had anything to drink?
          Me: No Sir,i dont drink.
          1st Cop: You dont drink?
          Me: Thats correct, i dont drink, at all.
          1st Cop: Okay, you have a great day. (and he walks away)

2nd Cop: Hey, do you have a Cat on this?
          Me: Yes i do.
          2nd Cop: You sure?
          Me: Yes i'm sure, feel free to look...
          2nd Cop: Do you have a muffler?
          Me: Yes that too.
          2nd Cop: Cos its awfully loud, its loud
          Me: Thats how it is...LOL
          2nd Cop: You sure, cos it's very loud.
          Me: Yes i can show you.
          2nd Cop: Do you have a RHD sticker?
          Me: No
          2nd Cop: Well you need to get one. If i see you again then you will get a ticket.
          Me: A ticket? The RHD sticker is not a requirement if your turn signals function as stated in the HTA.
          2nd Cop: Well you need a RHD sticker.
          Me: I dont think you understand what i'm saying...and i repeat myself.
          2nd Cop: Listen, get that sticker, you wont get a ticket now but next time round you'll get a ticket.
          Me: *deer in the headlights look* and i drive away...
          I WISH the police were like that over here.
          almost every time i get pulled over i get told it is a "random traffic stop"
          he/she asks for my drivers license, goes back to their car to run my name through their system.
          they come back and ask if the vehicle is modified,
          i respond with "a little officer, its my hobby"
          the officer then tells me to pop the bonnet/hood and exit the vehicle.
          we stand at the front of the car looking at the engine bay.
          the officer then walks around to the side of the car and look inside before telling me to wait in the car as they walk back to their patrol vehicle.

a few minutes later the officer returns with a defect sticker, a defect list and a infringement notice for driving an illegally modified vehicle.

if thats all that happens to me i consider myself lucky that i was not issued with an emissions notice.

i cant wait to move to canada, sounds awesome

Comment

I WISH the police were like that over here.
            almost every time i get pulled over i get told it is a "random traffic stop"
            he/she asks for my drivers license, goes back to their car to run my name through their system.
            they come back and ask if the vehicle is modified,
            i respond with "a little officer, its my hobby"
            the officer then tells me to pop the bonnet/hood and exit the vehicle.
            we stand at the front of the car looking at the engine bay.
            the officer then walks around to the side of the car and look inside before telling me to wait in the car as they walk back to their patrol vehicle.

a few minutes later the officer returns with a defect sticker, a defect list and a infringement notice for driving an illegally modified vehicle.

if thats all that happens to me i consider myself lucky that i was not issued with an emissions notice.

i cant wait to move to canada, sounds awesome
            Ouch!! Yeah the police are not that bad over here. But you know, you get the pricks now and then.
            Where is Cranbourne?

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie View Post
              Ouch!! Yeah the police are not that bad over here. But you know, you get the pricks now and then.
              Where is Cranbourne?
              Cranbourne is in the south east suburbs or Melbourne, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by chefo View Post
                Cranbourne is in the south east suburbs or Melbourne, Australia.
                Nice!!! Hey i'll trade you Canada for Australia. You guys have awesome weather there.

Comment

haha the weather is great. even winter is not too cold but i would gladly swap fine weather to drive my car without being paranoid of the police. i understand they have a job to do and they are trying to make the road safer but how does harassing me help? my car is probably in better mechanical condition than most cars on the road.

Comment

If you move to BC you don't have to worry about squat, you can get away with anything here. The vancouver area is a pain with the AirCare but the rest of the province is carte blanch, you can do what you want.

My car is a prime example.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                      pics! put em on magnets, youll make millions.
                      I agree with the magnets, that way we can keep them in the glove box and when the cops ask for it, we just get out and put it on and leave lmao then take then back off once we get home

(i know doing that would most likely piss them off even more but would be priceless)
                      Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

We have something like this already. We put Right Hand Drive Vehicle emblems on every one of our cars. We have attached thin magnets to them in the past at customers requests.

Comment

Shouldnt be looking at this stuff at suncor anyway $60/hr to google? Tisk tisk.

Wrong meet anyway, either of those are meh. I brought my monster a few times (which is not a stock and tired 20 year old rider car as they say and people say stuff. we McMurray car guys hang out on fmvforum.com we have meets but are random.

Going for wings tonight (Monday) with some car guys, we meet at greigoire shellac 8:30pm on mondays and go from there. Youre welcome to bring your "loud exhaust rhd", there's a few of us usually. Anything from 500whp stangs, GTRs to Evo 3. As long as it's not an r33 haha

Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                            OP: do everyone a favor and post a link to the HTA section so we may all print it out
                            Welcome to the new e-Laws. It’s now easier than ever to find Ontario laws. We welcome your feedback.

PART VI
                            EQUIPMENT
                            Section 63

63. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142 (6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,

“RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE”.

Comment

Working...
                            X