No announcement yet.

insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this on another forum, but I'll do it here as well.

RSA does not do new polices anymore... They won't write any new accounts up. Co-operators can still do it, but it depends on your agent and under writer.

RBC can do them, if your agent wants to write that policy for you. State Farm can still write up policies if you already have a car or house insured under them for 6+ months.

Comment

i am in Alberta and have my RHD cars insured with TD Meloche Monnex. they only cover liability and wont cover collision or comprehensive anymore. (policy changed since July 2012)

are there any companies in Alberta that will offer collision and comprehensive (in addition to liability) on RHD cars? does it make a difference if its over 25 yrs old? what about insuring it as a "collector car" ?
      1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
      1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
        i am in Alberta and have my RHD cars insured with TD Meloche Monnex. they only cover liability and wont cover collision or comprehensive anymore. (policy changed since July 2012)

are there any companies in Alberta that will offer collision and comprehensive (in addition to liability) on RHD cars? does it make a difference if its over 25 yrs old? what about insuring it as a "collector car" ?
        I have full coverage with cooperators. I also called Silver Wheels to try to get a collectors policy but they flat out denied me and said they don't insure RHD or low riders.

Comment

Working...
        X