• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmasking the trim

Cleaning out the polish residue

Cleaning the windows

And dressing the tires

And the star of the show, Opti Gloss Coat

Finally the finished product. Unfortunately no sun out, just light snow and autumn leaves.

This shot shows the gloss best and is one of my favorite pics of the set

And finally an artsy fartsy miami basel shot lol

Hope you enjoyed the transformation on this classic in a classic color!

Thanks
    Wes

Comment

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Festivus, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and New Years!

This was a brand new MK7 GTI that came in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro about 2 weeks ago. I had spoken to this client previously regarding his MK6 GTI but that never ended up coming to fruition. There was a bit of a delay with getting it in to the shop as a few things had to be ironed out with the dealership but in it finally came.

734KM

Wheels are always first

Even the wheel wells too

Starting the car wash

Two Bucket Method always, dirt rinsed off the mitt before going into the soap bucket

Claybarring the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Rubber trim masked off

Paint measured and no signs of a repaint

Some areas were bad others weren't so bad but regardless we wanted to get the paint as perfect as safely possible so that the owner could have a nice delivery experience from us and the car be in the shape it was supposed to be in.

Here are the befores and afters

Before

After

Before

After

One of the rougher panels
      Before

After

Unmasking the rubber trims

Cleaning out the polishing dust

And using a tooth pick to clean out the polish residue

Removing the swirls is important but cleaning up the left overs is just as equally important too!

Comment

Now with everything cleaned up the finishing touches were next.

Dressing the tires

Cleaning the windows

Wiping the exhaust with 0000 steel wool

And finally applying first the Opti Coat Primer

The star of the show

I didn't get to many after pics as there was still a 40% chance of rain so I quickly took it out for a few pics then tucked it away for delivery.

No sun out but I did my best to capture the glossiness in the car. It's nice to see your work can still shine on a cloudy day lol!

This is my favorite pic out of the bunch

And the last pic

Hope everyone had a good 2014 and all the best in 2015!

Thanks,
        Wes

Comment

First Bimmer of the year and a long time customer. I've done his previous M3 as well.

Just a mini write up but I hope you still enjoy the pics none the less!

Arrival pic

Cleaning the wheels

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint

Before

After

50/50 shot

Opti Gloss Coat

And the finished pics

I love the gloss in this pic

Thanks!
          Wes

Comment

This 1M is actually owned by a very good friend who had his eye on it for a couple months in the BMW Toronto showroom. I didn't think he was going to pull the trigger but surprisingly he did and in it came just before Christmas. I took my time with this one as I wanted it perfect and as shiny as it could be. Hopefully the detail added to the value hahaha.

Arrival pics

Always start with the rims before the wash

Using a brush to clean inside the lugnut area

Microfiber mitt to clean the rim face

Washing with a microfiber chenille mitt and always doing the 2 Bucket Method

Taking paint measurements to see how thick the paint is as well as to long out for any repaints or thin areas to be weary of

After taking measurements as well as masking off the rubber trim we can start the first stage of polishing

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

And a 50/50 shot

Comment

After the second stage of polishing we unmasked the trim

And cleaned the polishing dust out of the jambs

Afterwards gave the paint an alcohol wipe down to clean off the polishing oils

Applied Opti Coat Primer

Then Opti Coat Pro

Finally the cherry on top

Before

After

I got a few good finished pics but not to many as it was FREEZING!

Hope you enjoyed the write up!

Thanks,
              Wes

Comment

We were eagerly anticipating this brand new 991 GTS with the Aero package since we learned of the deposit placed down before Christmas. This client has been with us for 5 years now and to see him work up to this has been a pleasure! The paint was not in bad shape and applying Opti Coat Primer via machine pretty much cleaned up the light swirling that was there.

Anyways on to the pics.

It looks like Camp 4 outside of the shop

Claybarring with the Nanoskin Mitt

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Opti Coat Primer

Applied by machine. I love the uniform look

Blurry polishing

Opti Coat Pro

Applied

Double checking our work

I love taking flake shots

And the finished shots

Looking forward to maintaining this one on an annual basis and I hope you enjoyed the pics!

Comment

I believe this was our 3rd time working on a Mini and it was pretty cool that it was a Hampton. This client had seen our work online and was interested in bringing his baby in before the spring rush. Believe it or not as small as a Mini is supposed to be it was a lot of work! Masking the rubber trim alone was insane!

Anyways on to the pics

Claybarring the paint

Masked off all the rubber and plastic trim

Before

After

Opti Coat

And the finished pics

Hope you enjoyed the pics as usual and hopefully we see you in the spring!

Comment

We had detailed this client's RS before as well as his 997.2 RS so we were familiar with the paint as well as the condition of the car. Always a pleasure to see this one and work on it as well. The paint was looking just a little rough and we were hoping a 1 stage polish would be enough but in the end we did a non aggressive 2 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat.

As usual, hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival pic

After the wheel cleaning and 2 bucket car wash we clayed the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Brought it in and masked off the rubber trim

Then took paint measurements

1st stage polish before

1st stage polish after with a bit of haze

50/50 shot

2nd stage polish before

2nd stage polish after and the haze all gone

And a shot of us polishing

Cleaning out the residue from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

Then alcohol wipe down

Applying Opti Gloss Coat

And finally the finished pics. I wish so badly that the sun was out to show just how glossy the paint was.

This was the best glossy pic I could take and it didn't even come close

Nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process on a rare colored RS.

Thanks!

Comment

• I love this color! From pics in magazines etc I wasn't sure how I felt about Austin Yellow, but in person it is so beautiful! This client had brought us his previous Evo X but had sold that and purchased this. It was fairly new so all that was needed was a 1 stage polish.

I really wish the sun was out for the pics to do the color justice but it is what it is.

Arrival

Claybar

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Dressing the tires

Cleaning the windows

And the finished pics

Comment

• Very good client contacted me regarding a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro on his recently purchased Lp640.

We had tried to schedule an appointment prior to this one but due to rainy weather we had to reschedule and he mentioned that maybe he was considering postponing the detail until the springtime, which is understandable. Luckily ... he had a change of heart and we were able to schedule a date where the weather worked in our favour!

So in to the shop it came!

As usual, the arrival pic

After cleaning the wheels, 2 Bucket Method wash, and clay bar, we masked the rubber trim

Next up was to take measurements of the paint with our special paint depth gauge which measures via ultrasound due to a few panels not being made of steel or aluminium. This gauge is not cheap at all and costed us $3000

These are the results of the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After(did I mention that solid black is a pain in the a**?!)

Headlights & Taillights were polished as well

Before

After

2nd stage of polishing was completed and then an alcohol wipe down to remove the polishing oils. Finally Opti Coat Primer applied to prepare for the Opti Coat Pro application

Tape removed and little details such as removing polish with a tooth pick from the edge of the stone guard was performed

And finally the star of the show, Opti Coat Pro

A shot in the sun to show no more swirls in the paint

All in all minus some deeper scratches which I suspect may have been from people leaning on the car for pics and the fact that it is solid black, I would say we got the paint condition to about an 8.5/9 out of 10.

Here are the results

I love reflection pics

The lens flare pointing at the car is pretty cool

And the last pic to finish the walk around

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!!

Comment

• We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

Comment

• Hey GTR Canada,

Just wanted to share a Civic Type R we recently did a 1 stage polish on and protected with Opti Gloss Coat.

Thanks!
                            Wes
                            (647)999-8499
                            Instagram/OrionDetailingCo

Comment

• Beautiful pictures, loved them all. I myself deal in construction, we are very well acclaimed General Contractors in Calgary, who are serving the people of Calgary and surroundings for over a decade. Our Construction Company In Calgary has expertise to match any requirements, be it restoration, renovations or water damage issues. For trusted Renovation services in Calgary we are a straight forward answer. If you ever need Contractors in Calgary we will be very happy to facilitate your requirements and remember, highest quality is our moto

Regards...
                              Last edited by oliviadavid; 11-16-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Great pictures, loved them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X