Proper Launching a GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Launching a GTR

Well, I'd just like some info on launching.
    I know how to lauch an all time AWD with clutch feathering, but is this the same as in a Altessa controlled AWD?
    So basically, what RPMs should I launch at, do I need to feather it? Side step?
    Race-city is opening soon and I'd like to learn privately before I head there
    Thanks guys
    Detailed explainations are preffered lol.

Change your clutch, a stock clutch will only survive a handful of "proper launches" Also, despite how cool it sounds, don't bounce it on the rev limiter to launch it, you'll break your oil pump drive.

That being said, a GT-R with a properly built engine likes to be launched against the rev limiter.

Watch this video of Japanese drag racing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
    ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

5000 to 6000 rpm and drop the clutch for best results. Not recommended with stock clutch. I wouldn't clutch drop over 4000rpm on stock clutch, as it will slip.

On stock clutch 3500rpm and feather alittle so you don't bog.
      1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
      www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Marke View Post
        Not recommended with stock clutch. I wouldn't clutch drop over 4000rpm on stock clutch, as it will slip.

On stock clutch 3500rpm and feather alittle so you don't bog.
        I can attest to that only problem, 3500 rpm and a feather won't launch mine, because my turbos aren't spooled
        ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

^^^ That would be for stock turbos. I have Nismo RS580's and ya they bog at 3500 w/ feathering, so this would apply to stock turbos so that your clutch will survive.....alittle longer.
          1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
          www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

not sure

not sure what you mean ops:
            Double track drift, yo.
            http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Well Renee,

not everycar is the same you know that, and a gtr from a pink gts-t is a big just. Just experiment with the launching thats the best to do. You can get all the advice in the world, but your car and your driving experience is what launches the car....

Go to a strip and drive... practice makes perfect................. but i wpouldn't on a stock clutch

Comment

I would try launches on a private, clean road somewhere first. If you are having clutch slip issues there forget about the track untill you change out the clutch. A well prepared track will hook like you never felt before in your car (any car) and will fry your clutch like nothing if you are having issues. I have seen a few guys think they were spinning their tires when it was their clutch and blew the flywheel (great way to lose a foot).

Jon.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

depending on the surface and what is done to your car are numerous was of launching a gtr.

If on a stock clutch there is no "right" way as it will die regardless.
                  runing story is about 7-9 near redline launches and it is done, beginning with a brand new one of course. Testing has confirmed this once;-)

Comment

what if you have a tripple plate clutch and want your tranny to survive?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      what if you have a tripple plate clutch and want your tranny to survive?

If you have a power level that actually needs a triple plate clutch, I would think you probably need a dog box too

Comment

now why do you have to go and say things like that lol, im hoping for around 500hp now? maybe 700 later, too much? how much can this tranny take?

Comment

The stock tranny is good for around 500HP, beyond that, you're going to have synchro problems (or below that if you're hard on things )

Comment

LOL, That video is sick. Makes me wish I had a 4wd to launch like that. I guess I can settle for huge tires.. lol

Comment

what would you guys say to launch on if you have a twin plate. I think my car is running about 350hp but not sure. I ususally launch at like 4-5 if i wanna push it then really open up in second.
                              1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

Working...
                              X