No announcement yet.

Proper Launching a GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend who likes to launch his gtr.... He usually does 2wd launches Whig is hard enough. But I've been witness to some 6000 rpm launches. He has a nismo clutch and he burns it horribly with 6k rpm launches. Has 255/40/17s. Clutch is nismo single plate. Point is do your research before you do launches.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTR View Post
      I have a friend who likes to launch his gtr.... He usually does 2wd launches Whig is hard enough. But I've been witness to some 6000 rpm launches. He has a nismo clutch and he burns it horribly with 6k rpm launches. Has 255/40/17s. Clutch is nismo single plate. Point is do your research before you do launches.
      That's what this thread is for :P

Comment

what is wrong with 3rd gear? mine's all over st-jean boul., and now i have to downshift from 4th into 2nd, sometimes if i double clutch i can hit 3rd on the way up though...
        I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

some hard clutch drops when changing into 3rd gear can rip the teeth off of it.
          1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
          2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
          2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Start burnout in 4th gear in 2wd, get rear tyres warmed up, come into stage in 4wd using the handbrake with around 4000-5000rpm, nail the throttle on the first orange (sportsmans tree) you'll have 3 or 4 good bangs on the limiter before you launch on last orange.

1.3 to 1.4 60fts are possible with this technique in a street car on stock suspension.

This one is very slow on RT but you get the idea.

Rob
            RIPS Racing
            Worlds most powerfull RB30, 7.8 @ 177.4mph in 240z and 7.26 @ 181mph in FED
            Worlds quickest R34 street GTR, Worlds quickest 240z
            RIPS FED best of 7.26 @ 181mph, and current NZ record for DD/D
            NZs quickest street car overall and NZs quickest full trim street GTR
            Mild to wild RB30s, 7,8,9,10 sec street/drag cars built to order, custom fabrication, worldwide shipping

Comment

Working...
            X