No announcement yet.

IVOAC Targa Newfoundland Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targa is payed for. We are doing open class. My gts4 in st.johns now. Listed for sale and looking for a 32 gtr

Comment

• Why not build the GTS4? Obviously the GTR seems like a front runner, but there is still a lot that can be hand from the GTS.. also cheaper to replace if it's written off in the first few legs..
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Well my dream car is r32 gtr and if I'm going to but 10k into a car I would like to put in a gtr. Plus my car is four door has one turbo only 200hp and 590 cc less that gtr or something like that and I will feel extra bad ass in gtr

Comment

• Pretty sure the Tasmania favourite in 2009 was this guy;

Remember the laws of physics! HP doesn't mean much!

Wooster & Kulhanek finish 1st in Class, 3rd Classic Outright, and 17th Overall ahead of every GTR with the exception of outright winner Quinn in his new R35 in their underated rear wheel drive 2.0 litre GTS-t.
          Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM.
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• I know hp is not every thing. Basically just really want a gtr. I'm a my bb now so can't watch but I have seen the gtst running

Comment

• Well in terms of building your dream car to run open class in targa........ I would just build the GTS for competition, by the GTR for your dream car, don't use Targa to build your dream car, I did this, and smashed it into a light pole at 120, and ripped the car in two pieces. Then it took me five years to build it again. The best advice I can give you is build a car to run Targa, not a Dream car that you want to keep and run targa with it. Sorry to crush your dreams, but the grim reality of it is this, you are going to probably do five grand worth of suspension, brake and probably chassis damage, not for a accident, unless you have run Targa you have no idea what the roads are like in the middle of no where. Hitting a Hole on the highway at 100 is one thing, hitting a ditch that some town has dug for a water line in Leading Tickles at 180 is going to hurt, I actually knocked my Navigator out cold, through is helmet, on a bridge going to Leading Tickles, thrashed a Ball joint and rotor, had to come back with vice grips on the brake line and hoping the ball joint did let go. Fortunately it didn't.
              Moral of story, Targa is a Race, Open class is for race cars, not Dream cars.

So my two cents, stick with the GTS for RACING, By a GTR for yourself.

On to the car, 400-500 hp is perfect. To much and you will end up in the ditch. I payed particular attention to what the Aussies are doing, In particular a gentlman named Catlin, Custom Mustang. Stock ride height, 16" rims, good suspension, traditional parts that he could get readily, and 450hp. He won. I have long been saying, 4wd, 450hp, Good Suspension, keep weight down, but some is good for the wet to keep it planted. Catlin used to add weight in the ran, take it out in the dry. And just Drive the **** out of it. But the name of the game is to finish.

I hope that helps.

Ken

Edit*

A RWD car that can put the power on the road would also be a great car(Catlin's Mustang). Actually, RWD cars are the norm, but I personally think 4WD is the way to go. I have watched many a mustang hang it's ass out around every turn, looks cool, but they never got a Targa Plate (takes time to drift, time is what matters)..... But that being said, There are arguments either way, but the name of the game is car prep. Regardless of the Power-train configuration. There is a White, 4 door Volvo that competes every year, the owner, forget his name now, but a great guy to talk to, he personally goes through that car every night, brakes, checks suspension, re torques everything, meticulous. But he always places well, and never seems to have a problem. Oh as a little plus, he has a HUGE Aluminium fuel tank in the Trunk, on top of the rear wheels, he goes all day on one tank, no fuel stops, equals less time between stages, which are timed to, so he is always on the button with his times, rally'n is about the numbers, as long as you meet them, thats it. Strategies are key, that was just one.
              Last edited by RhdHybrid; 03-05-2011, 03:25 AM. Reason: Thought of something else...........

Comment

• yes a few people have told me to sick with the gts4. It was just my stubbornness to get a gtr. i have decided to keep the gts as it is kinda cool owning a 4 door gts4. its at my girlfriends house right now in st.johns. I will be shipping it up to fort mac to work on it the tow it to Edmonton to get a tune. iv got a lot of research to do and jumping into open class is a massive step for me, but all im looking for is a cool experience and be able to push my self. it all sounds crazy but what the hell if im able to do it i might as well.

Comment

• I live in the St Johns area. Love it when Targa comes threw here.

Comment

Working...
                  X