r32 vs r34 or r35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    How these cars work on the track is almost irrelevant as a vast majority of owners piddle around on the streets and their cars never see a track.
    Which car is better doesn't matter if it suits the driver and more importantly it's what the owner likes.
    Street, racetrack are similar (racetrack is higher speeds), as both is where car goes into and hauls out of corners.

You soon realise how important more torque, hp is down low when following Supercars on the street (this is important on racetrack as well). R35 GTR is the only GTR with enough hp, torque down low in stock trim to keep up with Supercars and is quick on the racetrack. Doesn't matter how much you like an earlier model Skyline, it's not going to be as fast without modifying it and even then it doesn't have as much pickup down low as a stock or modified R35 GTR. Only problem is R35 GTR's are expensive to service, etc.

That's why I said R35 GTR engine in older chassis. Best of both worlds (styling you like, performance to match).

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    All this stuff about how fast a car is around the "Ring", 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times ect is all just something the owner can (and has no right to) brag about.
    What really matters IMHO is how fast YOU can get YOUR car around a track. I saw a guy smoke a Ferrari around a track with an almost stock Civic. Theres a video on YouTube somewhere of two AE86s beating an R34 GTR around a track. Sabine Schmitz passing sport bikes around the Ring with a Ford truck.
    The car is the tool but unless you've got the skills and the venue to use the tool properly the magazine numbers are just that... numbers.
    End of rant.
    Sabine is a ex racecar driver and cars are quicker on the corners vs bikes (I remember someone testing this on a private racetrack with car vs bike). Bikes are usually quicker in a straight line.

I have seen a NA Nissan Primera racecar on a tight racetrack out handle, brake a more powerful NA V8 powered racecar. Each car has it's strengths, weaknesses and you buy it according to what you want it to do.

A car in the hands of a normal driver vs pro driver is only around 4 sec difference on racetrack. Have seen it many times with different cars (NSX, Supra, 700hp EVO, etc), similar amount of laptime. With 700hp EVO, I think was only 2 sec difference. If haven't done any trackdays, the gap would be alot bigger.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

For some perspective I was the one that started this thread and wanted to know how close a r32 could be to a stock r35. I was curious because I received a drive in a stock r35 on a track and was super impressed to say the least. My goal is to have my ride as quick.

Mark

Comment

Here's a stock R35 GTR, 600hp R33 GTR, 600hp R34 GTR on Tsukuba (note the laptime of around 1:01-1:02 for all 3 cars and they are on street tyres, which might mean semi slicks) -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Slicks, semi slicks make a big difference to grip, laptimes. Mines R34 GTR is proof of that.

A mildly modded, stripped out, caged R32 GTS-T (dyno chart says around 314hp at engine, I thought it was at wheels years ago) runs the same laptime as a stock R35 GTR around Tsukuba (I think running on semi slicks) of around 1:01.

A mildy modded 270hp S14 is capable of a 1:04 laptime around Tsukuba. So 320hp at engine (RB20DET) sounds about right for the R32 GTS-T.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

If you go online the world record holding GTR was non other than the R32 Veilside 1300HP GTR..

Comment

Originally posted by playtime View Post
            If you go online the world record holding GTR was non other than the R32 Veilside 1300HP GTR..
            You can keep that Veilside R32 and trailer it to the track. I'll have a R35 like this one, drive to the track and drive it back. LOL

If someone would have told me 10 years ago that I would be watching a channel with almost daily update of Exotic, and highly modify cars race in Russia, I would have ask him what the hell he was smoking. lol
            14 VW Jetta TDI
            05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
            95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
            95 240sx ( powered)
            89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Those R35 GTR's (I think there's 2x cars) are running the same AMS turbo kit, engine as the AMS built car that ran the Texas mile.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Would have been nice to see a r32 with 600ps and better awd controller

Comment

07-29-2010, 03:41 AM #9
                  PL_GTR

Feedback Score
                  21 (100%)

Send a message via MSN to PL_GTR

stock r33 will out handle a stock r32 anyday, and the r32 weights less..

r you well..

Comment

Working...
                  X