X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peisden
    replied
    Thanks speeddm,
    honestly I have not checked the tire pressure nor do I know how to check the things you mention. Definetly gonna look into that. Can you please elaborate further?
    Thks

Leave a comment:

• r32gtst_90
    replied
    Originally posted by Speeddm View Post
    On the topic of tires . First off what preasure are you running? Hav you had anybody look at your burnout path and measure it to figure out your optimum pressure? Thas the first step. Plus are you spinning? And how much?
    How do you look at your burnout path to determine how much pressure is needed? Seems hard to determine that imo

Leave a comment:

• Speeddm
    replied
    On the topic of tires . First off what preasure are you running? Hav you had anybody look at your burnout path and measure it to figure out your optimum pressure? Thas the first step. Plus are you spinning? And how much?

Leave a comment:

• tokes
    replied
    That honestly sounds pretty good to me. Launching harder with more traction means a ton more stress on your differentials, axles, clutch, etc. Stickier tires just put more shock into your drivetrain. An 11.5 @ 123 is pretty damn good IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    Thanks man, What kind of other tires can I use which will give me more traction??

Leave a comment:

• Speeddm
    replied
    That 60 ft sounds exactly the same as mine on factory setup. The back needs to spin then the front locks up. Tha pic in my profile is just as the front tires start to lock up. By setting the etc to 30/70 I got to a 1.66. THe problem launching a stick 4wd is finding the bog point. then increase you launch rpm by 2-300 rpm. My launch at 7000 is to high. I will experiment more next race day. A 1.7 on street tires you have to remember is REALLY fast.

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    factory 4wd setup.

Leave a comment:

• Speeddm
    replied
    Are you running a ETC or running factory 4wd setup on launch?

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    Shifting at 8000 rpm, passing line in 4th at around 5800 rpm (don't quite know for sure, was to fast for me). I am having serious 60' problems. Maybe NE1 has any suggestions for tires?
    Thks

Leave a comment:

• Speeddm
    replied
    What RPM are you shifting at? ANd what RMP and gear do you go threw the traps at? THanks

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    Boost was set at 1.4 bar

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    60' 1.767
    330 4.899
    1/8 7.531
    mph 96.08
    1000 9.717
    1/4 11.562
    mph 123.11

This was done using C14 unleaded. Temperature was 30degrees celcuis.

Leave a comment:

• sushtsi
    replied
    Originally posted by peisden View Post
    11.56 @ 123mph;
    Mods include garrett gt2860-5 turbo's 720cc injectors and unknown camshafts
    Nice! What boost? EMS? Pump gas? If you dont mind me asking, how many mph did you pick up from the 1/8 to the 1/4?

Leave a comment:

• peisden
    replied
    11.56 @ 123mph;
    Mods include garrett gt2860-5 turbo's 720cc injectors and unknown camshafts

Leave a comment:

• Speeddm
    replied
    I have some cool pics but. I cant post attachments. So the are shown in my profile. THe timeslip on the left is against a 06 GSXR 750 with a turbo running 230hp. the slip on the right is against a 96 Viper GTS. The pic of the launch is the run against the Viper. You can see the wheel spin which resulted in a slow. 1.791 60 ft. Soon Meth water injection and HKS ETC Drag adaptor to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X