Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the launch process be much different for us GTS-T guys?
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
      I have a one step, I just bounce her off of the 8400 rev limiter in the PowerFC and ride the clutch out of the hole.

Jon.
      What kind of clutch are you running? I'm running an ACT 4 puck sprung. That thing is too damn easy to bog.
      RB30DET 240sx 13.00 @ 113 junk 60' - RB25DE head, 740cc, precision 6262 .58 (majorly choked), nistune - 370 whp.

Comment

• Current clutch is a twin plate at the least, possibly a tripple, I haven't had it apart yet to know for sure. Have an OSG quad plate (R4C) waiting on the shelf when the current one gives her up.

Evil:

Used Tolulene on just about every hotrod I have ever had, dating back at least 15 years. Had a '70 454 Chevelle with a 12 to 1 BBC in it and ran Tolulene on that for a very long time. The car that it really sank in about this stuff being a wonder drug was an Omni GLH turbo I had 8 years ago, 2.2l NON-intercooled 4cyl running at 18 psi with 25 deg. of ign. timing and making about 225hp. The intake temps were in the 200 deg. C range and had ZERO det. with a 20% mix of Tolulene in the tank with Mohawk 94 (alas now only a memory).

It's really good stuff.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• hmm not much activity in here lately lol. figured i'd throw this up and try to get some feedback. new to the whole "drag racing a skyline" thing.

my best time so far.

94 gts25t sedan. mods are cat back exhaust, rb20 wastegate actuator (runs about 9-10psi), tomei fpr, stage 2 clutch, really stiff coilovers of some sort. tires are 205 (ouch) yokohamas.

i know the car has more than a 14.8 i just can't get it. i seem to have trouble with 2nd to 3rd shift because my left hand is retarded. it's my most consistent error. i know i can grab a couple tenths if i can just get that down. but my 60s seem terrible even though i feel like i'm launching hard. maybe i should just let someone who knows what they're doing drive my car lol
          Last edited by santorty; 07-07-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Your 60' is terrible for a dedicated drag car but just about right for a novice in a stick car. Every 10th in your 60 is worth 2 10ths in your ET. With practice you should be in the 1.8-1.9 range. With your MPH though you dont have enough poop to crack the 13s, if you get everything perfect and drive it like you stole it a 14.2 is about the best you'll do.

Need to crank up that boost to give you about 102 through the traps to dive into the 13s.

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 07-07-2012, 01:50 PM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• thanks. i worked on my 60' a lot yesterday. i got a couple 2.0s and can consistently grab 2.1s but i still wasn't running any faster than 14.8. it was humid and hot as hell though, everyone was slower.

another issue i forgot to mention was that i run out of gear probably 40-50 feet from the line so i bang the limiter just before the finish and lose a ton of time. i tried all sorts of **** to avoid it but every method destroyed my ET and mph. stupid gearing.

Comment

• 3rd or 4th? IIRC the 33 Gts-t 2.5s have 4.36 rear gears. Shifting into 5th will hurt you but short shifting into 4th won't slow you down at all. Don't rev the piss out of her, you're asking for oil pump trouble.

Jon.

Comment

• 3rd gear. i tried short shifting 3rd to 4th but i lost about 5mph every time and couldn't break 15.0. i tried short shifting 2nd to 3rd to give me more room down the track but that was even worse. mph was about the same but i was getting 15.4, 15.5's. not sure what to do except wait until i have more power so this isn't an issue anymore lol.

Comment

• Hmmmm.......you should'nt be falling off that much. The last 300ft only counts for about 2 tenths, as you found out, but you should have only lost about 1-2 mph. Your tune might need some work, especially with an RB25. You should be pulling harder from 4-6000rpm than 5500-7000rpm. A 26 pulls harder the higher rev it but not so much with the 25 and its small intake runners and hydraulic valve train. The gear spread between 3rd and 4th is smaller than 2nd to 3rd as well. Rip those shifts and find out why she isn't pulling better in the mid-range and you will tickle the 13s for sure.

Jon.

Comment

• Thought I'd revive the thread. 1991 R32 GTR, Tomei Ti exhaust, Apexi intake, 265/35/18 tires. First time on the track, 13.1 on the right.

Comment

• 11.7 @ 123
                        1.8 60'

Crappy tires, horrible camber/toe
                        Aem ems v2 launch control 1 bar of boost out of the hole.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

• It's funny when we always have excuses on our runs.
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

• Only mentioned because I'm certain it will be faster on better tires and proper alignment.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

• has anyone beat the 9.74 time yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X