Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was reving under 8000rpm ...the motors is build ...yes i do have a N1 oil pump...bottom end is fully build ...complete stock head ...no cam,s
    on the dyno we where @28psi ..on the track ...well didn,t get a chance to look at the guage...

no ATI dampener ....do they help ???
    89 GTR GT4088R built bottom end stock head
    10.74@132mph ...old setup

Comment

The ATI dampeners are supposed to help with crank vibrations so you don't break an oil pump.

There seems to be lots of talk all over the internet that you need an ATI pulley, jun/tomei/etc oil pump, and a super expensive tranny to make a lot of power, and I've been having my doubts, and seeing how fast you're going on these parts is making me think everyone is making a bigger deal over parts like that then they need to.
      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
      It'll run someday

Comment

well im not going to tell u "dont buy those parts"...but ive been driving my car all summer ..ive got close to 10000km ...i run my car at 18-19psi on pump fuel (91octane) 440whp 350ftq ....no problem yet ...this is the first time im at high boost and C-16....hope it doesn,t blow up tomorow..lol...but A/F was great at the track and on the dyno 11.2-11.5 so i dont see any problems
        its really hard when you are building an RB26...parts are not cheap and there is alot of different choices in parts ...i also used to own a turbo integra (350whp)before i had my skyline that was alway,s blowing up but i also beat the **** out of it everyday ...it all depends how you are going to drive your car ...if you abuse it nothing will last ...

Comment

finally got my car to the track and ran a 13.0 @ 105, i was on my way to a 12 sec pass when i blew my tranmission (1.7 60')

Comment

That sucks man. I wonder when I'll shatter my tranny next year, with an RB30 an 2860R's its gonna make a ton of torque!

Didn't you just get your car running like a week or two ago?
            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
            It'll run someday

Comment

almost two weeks and 2200 kms on the new clutch (wich is awesome btw). i was more upset about losing the race and not breaking 12s than i was about the tranny. plus i got to drive a F360 all in the same day.

Comment

ryan you will break transmissions if you ever do it
                greg....shakes head and walks away:|

also the ati wont help with the oil pump. it will help stop the block from fracturing.
                one day i will cut that block apart and show the world why you don't rev to 9 on a dead stock engine.

Comment

1.996 60'
                  11.60 @120.9 MPH 1/4

in a mazda rx-7. :P

waiting for my engine and warm weather to get to the track in the GTR...
                  1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                  2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                  2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

What the Canadian skyline record sitting at?

rwd
                    awd

Comment

OK, guys. I did this in a PARKING LOT the Okinawan's call "Nago Circuit". Note how fast the 330ft time is and how much better the 60-ft could be if the traction was better.

4.536 330ft and 0-93mph in 5.80 seconds.

100.55meter = 330ft = 1/16th
                      150 meter = 3/4 of a 1/8th = 1/12th
                      200 meter = 1/8th mile

I have another timeslip with a faster 1.74 60-ft so there was room for improvement.

This is on BFG drag radials....in a PARKING LOT!

Obviously, if we had a real track here, my GTR could easily do mid-10's in the 1/4 mile (400meter).

Edit: This was my old setup with about 700HP...my new setup should be around 900HP so I should be able to drop a few tenths from the 330ft and 150meter times.

The date was screwed up on the timeslip. These times were recorded in Oct 2005.

So far I think I have the fastest 330ft time on this thread and the fastest 60ft->330ft at 2.762 seconds.
                      BNR32 Owner
                      Okinawa, Japan

Comment

not bad ...never got a full 1/4 mile run ?

i did one run @578 whp and i got almost the same 330ft time as you ....

im sure that there is way faster 1/4 mile times is japan then 10,s for sure ...

also in canada ...im pretty sure out west there are some fast GTR,s even in the 9 sec club ...

Comment

Originally posted by DRE View Post
                          not bad ...never got a full 1/4 mile run ?

i did one run @578 whp and i got almost the same 330ft time as you ....

im sure that there is way faster 1/4 mile times is japan then 10,s for sure ...

also in canada ...im pretty sure out west there are some fast GTR,s even in the 9 sec club ...
                          You had a faster 60ft than me (because you were on a REAL track) and slower 330ft. Your 60ft->330ft was 2.9 while mine was 2.762 seconds seconds which means my car accelerated past you. Keep in mind this was in a parking lot and not a REAL, prepped track like yours. So obviously my times would easily be a couple tenths faster. Pretty sure my setup was good for 700HP range.

Unfortunately, we don't have a full 1/4 mile track so that is the best we can do here in Okinawa.

It would probably cost me about $2000 or so to ferry my car to mainland (Kyushu), stay a couple of days, and come back to get a real timeslip at a real track. That's one helluva expensive timeslip and I don't see that happening any time soon.
                          BNR32 Owner
                          Okinawa, Japan

Comment

At that time, there were about 6~8 GTRs here on island that ran faster times than I did. I am hoping with my new setup to only have about 3 of them be faster than me.
                            BNR32 Owner
                            Okinawa, Japan

Comment

i ran 12.50 @ 114 on a pretty stock setup
                              i dynoed at 325wheel in 2wheel drive and 300 in 4 wheel drive at 14 psi

Comment

Date: May 17th 2008
                                Track: Luskville Dragway
                                60': 1.561
                                1/8: 7.150 @ 101.258mph
                                1/4: 10.94 @ 125.515mph

Donor car: 240sx 2520lbs
                                engine: RB20DET
                                slicks: 26X8.5 on 15'' teardrops
                                fuel: Mark 5 race fuel

pulled another run with better 60' and 1/8 mile but intercooler piping let go 2-300 feet before quarter mile trap forcing me to roll in on idle, would've been a good 10 sec run, but it didn't and also forced me to quit early due to lack of tools, more 10's to come this coming weekend.

60': 1.467
                                1/8: 6.974 @ 102.331mph
                                1/4: 11.15 @ 102.057mph (damn piping)

the 1.46 launch: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...-at_162048.htm
                                '91 RB20DET powered 240sx
                                best 1/4 mile ET: 10.423 @ 125.976mph

link (change the one ''dot'' for .)

http://www''dot''youtube.com/watch?v=RSz6JB1JbYU

Comment

Working...
                                X