This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
    I had my first drag experience tonight. At the beginning I was pretty frustrated I was getting 15.0+ second runs with 100mph (had 3 like that) all with reaction times or 0.7 to 0.9seconds. Then got a few pointers from a fellow GTR owner, and started to crack some bettery times still not good but getting there. My best time was 14.4 at 101mph and a reaction of 1.4. I'm hoping next time I'll get some better times and higher speeds. Pretty disappointed but was fun none the less. I shifted early the passenger said around 6500 rpm, and my launches and reactions were all bad. Anyone got advice?
    Yeah, stop giving a hoot about your reaction time and worry about driving. Reaction time means nothing. Zippo, nada, zilch. Can you remember what any of your 60 foot times were? That tells you what your launch was like, and is really important.
    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
    It'll run someday

Comment

Finally had a decent ran today (I made a post earlier about how bad my times were). I ran 13.4 @ 104.9mph with a 1.95sec 60' and a 0.3sec reaction. I need to launch higher (launched around 5500rpm this time) and shift better/later. The air temperature was very hot around 30degreeC+, which a drag guru told me will make car slower by around half a second. I need to break into the 12s!!!! Kinda happy now I'm in the low 13s, but I want to do better. My setup is:

Kakimoto cat-back
      Apexi Power Intakes
      Probably an aftermarket cluch
      And thats pretty much it.... Stock boost!!!

What you guys think can I break into the 12s?

Comment

I think you'll be hard pressed to hit 12's. Maybe on a cooler day with a better launch. They say every tenth off your 60 foot is worth about 1.5 tenths on the top end. On a 15-20 degree evening with a 1.7-1.75 60 foot you could do it.
        It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
          I think you'll be hard pressed to hit 12's. Maybe on a cooler day with a better launch. They say every tenth off your 60 foot is worth about 1.5 tenths on the top end. On a 15-20 degree evening with a 1.7-1.75 60 foot you could do it.
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a stock GTR be able to hit around 12.9s? I don't know how much more I can get out of the car but I was hoping to hit 12.99999s at least anything below 13sec!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a stock GTR be able to hit around 12.9s? I don't know how much more I can get out of the car but I was hoping to hit 12.99999s at least anything below 13sec!
            maybe with perfect conditions, great tires, great driver and an insane launch. ur car is pretty much stock neways, if u dip into the 12's, u should be very proud of urself.

Comment

I've never heard of anyone hitting a 12.9 with a bone stock GTR. Trap speed tells all, with a 104.5 MPH trap you either need a ridiculous launch, or a great launch paired with some cooler air to hit a 12.
              It'll run someday

Comment

So what is a bone stock GTR capable of? Does removing the boost restrictor help?

Comment

So what is a bone stock GTR capable of? Does removing the boost restrictor help?
                  I think the 12.9 would be without the restrictor. Assuming your launching the hell out of it properly.
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

R/T .286
                    60' 1.830
                    330 5.490
                    1/8 8.528
                    mph 81.13
                    1000 11.120
                    1/4 13.299
                    mph 106.00

Mods intake and catback with cat delete stock boost, track castrol raceway edmonton, I have put a boost controller in now and I'm running 10-11lbs ( stock it was 7-8) I will go out again and try for 12's.

Comment

• Originally posted by tokes View Post
                      I've never heard of anyone hitting a 12.9 with a bone stock GTR. Trap speed tells all, with a 104.5 MPH trap you either need a ridiculous launch, or a great launch paired with some cooler air to hit a 12.

I hit a 12.8 @ 104mph in my gtr with full exhaust.

Comment

• Finally got her to the strip had 3 pass on POTENZA RE01R near bald hi hi
                        RT 1.121 ..........1.006..........0.967
                        60FT 2.257.............2.005..........2.113
                        SPD 115.08MPH....116.57MPH....115.38MPH
                        1/4 13.066...........12.537.........12.758

pretty good for my first time at the track was leaving on green so i should be able to bring my 60ft a little better next time

Comment

• Oops.

I went through the trouble of putting my crappy vid. on here but forgot about this thread.

D/A = about 1000 meters

1st run, left all my crap in the trunk (including a sandbag that I was going to use for balast manipulation) left the boost controller off (.9 bar) and left the silencer in the muff.

RT....... don't care ( always over 2 sec. )
                          60ft......1.79 sec.
                          330 ft....4.951 sec.
                          1/4 m....12.411 sec.
                          mph......116.09

Last run of the day, all the crap out of the car (including sand bag, didn't do squat), boost controller on low boost (1.2bar) and silencer out of the muff.

RT........still don't care
                          60ft......1.85sec.
                          330ft.....4.860sec.
                          1/4 m....11.242sec.
                          mph.......127.55

As you can see there is a whole lot more in the car. I still have 1.5bar on high boost and I can improve on my launch a bit. On 1.5bar I expect a 10.80 at about 132ish mph.

Stay tuned.....

Jon
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                            As you can see there is a whole lot more in the car. I still have 1.5bar on high boost and I can improve on my launch a bit. On 1.5bar I expect a 10.80 at about 132ish mph.

Stay tuned.....

Jon
                            Hey, why are you waiting to do the high boost and get your tens?

Comment

• The boost controller wasn't working for some reason for the first half of the day. Near the end it started to work and it was set at low boost, I didn't know why so I left it alone and ran it like that. I was also getting some tire shake at low boost in 2nd gear and need to take care of that before I run it at 1.5bar.

Hooked hard though, the worst part was trying to find the sweet spot in the launch technique. Not worried about the motor, more worried about the tranny.

Jon.
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                                The boost controller wasn't working for some reason for the first half of the day. Near the end it started to work and it was set at low boost, I didn't know why so I left it alone and ran it like that. I was also getting some tire shake at low boost in 2nd gear and need to take care of that before I run it at 1.5bar.

Hooked hard though, the worst part was trying to find the sweet spot in the launch technique. Not worried about the motor, more worried about the tranny.

Jon.
                                Got it. can't wait to hear the good news, when you do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X