This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ,

came across this sister site to our own skylinesaustralia dot com and thought I pop in and say g'day, I go under the same user name there.

Have owned various skylines over the last 10 years. Presently have a bunky R32 GTR with a few bits and peices.

Comment

• Name: Rick
      Ethnicity: German/Canadian

Work: I.T. I work with computers / security systems / POS /Debit / other things I can't tell you about (security issues)

Bought my car from nismo56.
      Nice guy but the car fell apart about 1 month after I bought it. Pretty sure it was not anything nismo56 did.. just a lot of mantainance that had to be done.
      List of repairs in last 3 months:

Driver side front inner and outer tie rods (lower ball joint pending)
      New timing belt and pulleys (got the nismo one)
      Tein H1 coilovers adjust lock rings destroyed - replacements came in today
      #4 spark plug Helicoil (I knew this when I bought it so no problem)
      Fuel filter replaced (black sludge came out after I removed it)
      Coil packs #3,5 replaced (missing springs... not sure how they were working)
      Knock off HKS air filter replaced (gravel could have made it through that thing)
      Headlights rewired (somebody had butchered this)
      Boost gauge leaking - Fixed
      Replaced front brake pads (70% worn)
      Installed stereo. Not sure why stereo bracket was removed
      Replaced all speakers (Factory ones had rotted away)
      New tires. (found out 1 rim is damaged but not badly)
      Horn still needs to be fixed (never did work)
      Rear wiper and washer not responding (fuse looks fine)
      Shift light needs wiring finished
      Unknown disconnected wires under hood need to be traced back to find out what the heck they do

Not a bad project car really.

Comment

• Name: Mike

Ethnicity: Korean Canadian

What I do:

Mountain Bike- discipline: Downhill racing
        Paintball
        Hiking
        Run a summer self-employed business

Why am I here: Mechanical objects have made me curious since my early days and I am very confident with anything I own in terms of DYI and maintenance. None of my possesions are scattered pile of cheap parts, but rather expensive bunch and I still maintain them myself and research on how to do that very well before doing it. JDM owns so I had to import one.

Comment

• First Intro of 2008

Name: Ruben Cuevas

Ethnicity: Latino/Canadian

What I do: I am all about cars bike, motors, don't care if its a dinky gutless 1.6l slap a turbo on it and lets race I've done it in my garage!!! Love sports etc...

Why I am here: From the beginning, I always liked Nissan cars. I have owned over 25 different cars and 3 bikes since I was 19. I always wanted a skyline I didn’t care if it was a gtst or a gtr I just wanted one to call my own. About four weeks ago, I could not pass up the opportunity to get one. I went to look at it in Brampton it turn out to be a GTR I was a bit discouraged because I could not find an insurance company. I persevered and finally found one with out all the hassle ness of inspections and all the nonsense. All they wanted was the vin, and purchased price. So I had to decide between selling my AE86 or my 91 SR20DET pickup truck..... Truck is still here keeping the GTR some company. It's still a work in progress but it’s getting there.:drive:

Comment

• Okay, we did this a few months ago on our old yahoo group and it befits the occasion to start again here.

Everyone, please post your intros here!

Me:
            Name: Zack
            Ethnicity: White/Canadian
            What I do: Ottawa University student as of Fall 2008. Currently work on cars.
            Why am I here: To learn as much as I can before I purchase my skyline.

Comment

• Never noticed this section when I joined, so here I go.

Name: Andrew
              Ethnicity: Caucasian

What I do: Currently enrolled at Mohawk College for the Construction Engineering Technician program. Transfered from the University of Guelph (Biological Science, bleh)

Ride: 1991 GTS-t Type M

Why am I here: To meet fellow owners, and most of all to learn and keep myself informed and up to date in the skyline community. Things move so rapidly in the world of our beauties, so I commend JZ for running one of the most organized and well kept automotive forums on the web.
              '12 STi Sedan

Comment

• Name: Tony
                Ethnicity: Japanese Canadian
                What I do: Electronics Technologist
                Why am I here: Just purchased a 1992 GT-R and I wanted to get some information on this legendary car. It is mostly stock and in very good condition.

Comment

• Name: Jordan
                  Ethnicity: Black

What I do: Currently work as an underwriter for an insurance company and also do a little claims work.

Ride: 1991 GTR

Why am I here: To learn more about my lemon and to help others with their car problems(o yea and get great deals on random things in the marketplace)

Comment

• Name: Eric
                    Ethnicity: gwai lo

What I do: Almost nothing.

Ride: 1990 GTS-T

Why am I here: Same reason as everyone else, Lordco doesn't sell a haynes manual for a skyline!
                    Picked up my car last week from Charles (C-Unit) and am quite happy to be back in a turbo monster.
                    Been through many DSMs, B12s, B13s, S13s, and had one of the very few B13Sentra SE-R's available in canada.

Happy Boosting!

Comment

• Name:Carey Gillespie
                      Ethnicity:White
                      What I Do: Going to school for HD Mechanic
                      What I am Doing Here: I have always been facsinated by the skyline. I have a growing appriciation for german and asian vehicles and all the time and engineering going into to building these cars. It makes one realize about the crap they make in america, They build crap and say there fast but the life of the car is less then half of an european or japanese import. So theres my speech.
                      87 ford tempo:hit_head:
                      93 skyline gtr : she is in the mail

Comment

• Name: Dayton
                        Ethnicity: Italian
                        What i do: deliver pizzas and attend north island collage taking the automotive technition course.
                        Why i am here: because about a year ago i was turned on to the jdm scene and now i finally own one (stevo_323's tommy kaira) i was never really big into the skyline more into 180's and FD's until i drove one 2 or 3 weeks later i got one.
                        Turn on's: hot girls
                        Turn off's: ugly girls
                        Dream date: a long walk on the beach after a nice sea food dinner followed by cuddling by a warm fire followed by the horizontal hussle followed by never calling her again.
                        60% of the time my car is on the road all the time.

Comment

• Name: Jamy
                          Ethnicity: Born Canadian, grew up most of my life in Paraguay, and now am back in Canada.
                          What do I do: I am currently employed in our family business, building custom homes. Also looking at taking a Automotive Technician course at Red River College.
                          Why I am here: Well, I was first introduced to the JDM scene when my friend bought a 300ZX. While researching its history I came across the GTR and ever since then I have been an enthusiast of it.
                          1992 Skyline GTR
                          1990 Honda Accord EX-R

Comment

• another new guy...

So Im Rick, I live in Florida USA.....weather here rocks, I swear its 74 outside right now!

Im new to the GT-R community, Im a nissan mechanic by trade, I work for myself at home and abroad depending on the job and for who so on....

Im here to check out some sweet rides and tell all and share about mine, hit me up for GT-R talk anytime!

Comment

• Name: Steve M
                              Occupation: Store recieving personell / high school student
                              Why Im here: Bought my GTS T a while back after a friend showed me this site and fell in love, always played around with them in GT4 and loved it in the game I own 104 skylines, all models and colours and powers, even some are doubles but specd out differently.

Ride: 91 GTS T type M coupe, 65,000km's minty fresh the head ache machine.
                              You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

• New guy....

Hey guys, so Im new here, thought Id pop in and say hey and share with everyone. I have a purple...yeah purple R32 GT-R, I live in florida, sunny year round......land of the sunburn and girls in skimpy clothing year round.

So I decided to surf the net for fellow GTR owners and Im glad to see this site exsists, I have a hard to finding my own kind of people around here, I swear I have the only GTR in a 100mi radius and everyone is scared of me and my car like Im a rich jerk or something.....Im a Nissan mechanic by trade, self employed shop owner (mostly 300zx TT models). So I thought Id buy myself a unique car.

Well Ill be on more often now, this place rocks!

Id do pics but I have a 5 post minimum....see profile for pretty-ness...

Comment

Working...
                                X