X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Brock
    Ethnicity: White guy
    What I do: University student
    Why am I here: Ive been into Japanese cars for while and i finally bought an 89' Gts-t last month. So im here to learn and hopefully do some buying/selling of parts.
    89' Nissan Skyline GTS-T
    90' Toyota 4Runner *winter beater*

Comment

Hi my name is Johnny. I live in Vancouver BC. I'm looking for a skyline and have just started looking. A friend of mine told me about this website. It's very informative and some nice cars on here. I have a 68 datsun 510 and I'm partial to nissans. I want a turbo awd car and the skyline is that car for me. The R32 is really growing on me. Love the look of this car. Nice clean lines. And I guess that's why I'm here!

Comment

• hey there

name is jim. orginally from new york city. been here(saint joseph m.o.) for the last 4 yrs.(boo) owned a few cars more recently the 2 current are my 1994 mitsu expo(an awd 5spd non turbo-4g64-evo van basically) iam doing a 2g 4g63 swap on this one.i have all the hard parts(je pistons,manley rods,16g turbo(the real 16g). and some other stuff. iam missing a mls head gasket and a few more little things before taking the motor to the shop to have my slugs installed.

and i also just picked up a 89 nissan 240sx(89,000 miles) without a speck of rust from arkansas. the only problem is the dash is cracked,the hud acts up sometimes, and it had a leaky head gasket.(bad install) i recently replaced that(what a pain) and removed all the (egr EMMISSIONS stuff). Then apparently, i have a bent exhaust valve. so no compression on cyclinder 3 and no start. so whats a guy to do?? got a rb20det swap and went to town.. after some parts and a full engine swap(ALL DONE BY MYSELF)

now round 2 and my first full year of my swap iam wanting to finish up the car with upgrades and a paint job(hopefully)..

my car before that was a 1990 nissan 300zxtt. and what a pain that was. fully done the suspension and still couldnt stop the excessive tire wear. i still have some parts left over if anyone is interested(like a full harness and downpipes)let that one go

before that i had a 1990 toyota supra which i did a non-turbo to turbo swap. that one i let go cause that damn 7mgte is garbage.(yeah i should have used a 1jzgte).

before that i had a 87 non turbo supra auto. a 87prelude, and finally a 86 toyota celica rounds off my car experience.

also a former sports bike owner. 92 250cc ninja, and an 89 900cc ninja.

Comment

• Name: Phil
          Ethnicity: Canadian
          What I do: Study Mechanical engineering
          Why am I here: I used to be a member on here but my account got deactivated because i was not active on the board and everything. I own a 1990 GTS-T and i'm looking to get it back on the road this summer after 2 years of 20km/year

Comment

• Name: Chris
            Ethnicity: all Canadian
            What I do: Save On Foods Employee
            Why I am here: just recently bought a skyline and fell in love, also to get feed back on parts and what other people think of there skylines.

Comment

• Me:
              Name: Kirk
              Ethnicity: Catholic Canadian.
              What I do: Welder/Underwater Welder later on.
              Why am I here: I have been into cars since I was I too young to remember and got into the tech of it during or when I finished High School (which was the same time I got my License). I drove to the meets, talked cars, car tech, social things of sorts, but in the warm Month of May 2004 I found my car and saved all year to get one (either a Dodge Stealth R/T or 2g Talon Turbo AWD). I found a 1995 Talon TSi AWD 100% stock and unabused. All of 2005 I modded it and still have it (now with a new 97-99 Eclipse engine as the stock engine threw a rod - Summer 2007) Summer 2006 I blew a gasket and rebuilt the same motor for Summer 2007 where in the last week of August (Yes, throwing the rod through the base pan!) she went all together aswell as destroying the AWD output shaft and coupler inside the Transfer Case.

As of now she is mechanically sound and in dire need of body work (years of driving, wear and tear, storage, flatbed mishaps), new rear tires (improper adjustable = outer tire wear), and 18x10" chrome wheels to be sandblasted and painted black. As for underneath, it's 100% new and coated to every nook and cranny.

So why am I here??? I got the DSM cause of 2 things..... well 3 things, kinda. They were Forced Induction, All Wheel Drive (a BIG plus for me), and the fact the car was in the movie The Fast And The Furious (2001). I kind of wanted a Supra, but being oh so young $30-40,000 wasn't my income! And there was NO WAY the coveted Skyline R33 or R34 was in the picture!!! Until in halfway through 2005 with my 12 Month Build I heard of "The 15 Year Rule" and a friend of the guy who was doing Bodywork on my car while I was into the mechanics of it came buy with his 1989 SKyline R32 GTS-t getting painted R34 Bayside Blue. Also first guy to have a Skyline in Newfoundland & Labrador. Once I heard of this, I knew my next mission and car to aquire.

As of this year, I've found it. A 1995 White NISSAN Skyline R33 GT-R V-Spec, but the car (not the engine bay) was painted R33 Silver. Obvious it's back to white to match the engine bay. So what makes this car so special??? The fact that it was 'Race Built' by a Japanese Shop (???) 6-7 Point Roll Cage, 1 off bodykit/spoiler (track purpose & functional), and the biggest, a Single Turbo mounted on a N1 Spec Engine with all off the shelf top of the line goodies. Well priced too for my range as I'm now older and done with school.

Either this or a MKIV Supra TT. As I am also a longtime Member and Enthusists aswell as a big help in the Communtiy there and home (some friends have MKII's; MKIII's). It's obvious soon I'm gonna own a R33, later trading it for a BB R34 GT-R V-Spec, and beside it a Supra TT. As for now it's the DSM and saving up for the next project(s).

PS: Sorry it took so long for the Welcoming Intro. Busy most of the time with some time to view threads here and there.

Cheers,

Kirk
              1995 Talon Turbo AWD Auto-X'er (Current)
              1999 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec (2014)
              2007 Chrysler 300 (Daily Driver)

Comment

• Name: Vlad
                Ethnicity: Russian
                What I do: Go to college.
                Why am I here: I've been lurking GTRC for about a year and a half now... admiring, learning, soaking up info about Japanese cars... which seem to be bring some sort of joy into my life. Anyway I'm currently selling my current slushbox and looking to pick up a clean hcr32. This is a great forum with an awesome community that I can hopefully contribute to soon.

Comment

• Name: Desmond
                  Ethnicity: Canadian born Chinese
                  What I do: I am co-founder/president of CYK Group Inc. We are launching a clothing line " CYK Apparel" and we have our promo tees out. If you want to support our line and want to pick up a promo tee, just msg me
                  Why am I here: CYK Group Inc. picked up a 93 R33 Skyline GTS25T for a promo car and get to feedback on parts and technical support

Comment

• Name: Matthew
                    Ethnicity: English Canadian
                    What I do: College Student
                    Why am I here: I am a new BNR32 owner, and as soon as I came across this forum I was immediately compelled to join. I decided if at any point I need any advice or have any questions, who else to ask but fellow Canadian Skyline owners!

Comment

Name: Pat
                      Why am I here: Want to learn about restoring GTRs.

Comment

Name: Louis
                        Ethnicity: US
                        Came here because I found something I was looking for in the member marketplace. Interesting site, so I'll stick around...even if I'm not the most active.

Thanks for the site,
                        Louis

Comment

• Name: JJ
                          Ethnicity: Chinese Canadian
                          What I do: Drifting

Comment

• Name: Indy
                            Locaton:B.C.
                            What i dorive

Comment

• Name: Andy
                              Car: 95 240sx with a RB20DET in it
                              What I do: Cars and computers but unemployed with 2 project cars lol. That = slow builds.

Comment

• Me:
                                Name: Alex
                                Ethnicity: American
                                What I do: Engineer/fabricator
                                Why am I here: To learn about GTR's/RB26's
                                What I drive: I am in the process of building an AWD/RB26 kouki s14, single turbo, HX40. Motors built/installed, chassis/frame has been modified for AWD running gear, just waiting for the manifold/turbo/injectors to come in.

Comment

Working...
                                X