No announcement yet.

Mods that are illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole issue as well and the MTO pulling everything off the road is making me weary of driving my car and is certainly making the whole owership of my car less enjoyable. I feel like im doing something wrong by owning one of these cars and my car is pretty much stock. Police resources should be used in other areas.
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

what about electronic exhaust dumps. of course if they are open your asking for it, but is there a fine for having them on your car? closed of course
      1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
      2003 police interceptor
      1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
      1994 Mitsubishi expo
      1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
      "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

Depends on your province. In Quebec it is illegal.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act:
        Muffler
        75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).
        They would probably fit a variable exhaust valve in the same category as a by-pass, since they state "or similar device".
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

you know isnt it one of our rights not to be discriminated against like this by both the insurance companies and the police officers also i can name a couple of things that the police should be doing with thier time that my grandfather who was the chief of police at one time before he passed on (god rest his soul) did like community involvcement nieghborhood watch not enforcing the stupid rules about cars that the government who that does not do any research puts through
          Nitrous Oxide is like a hot girl with STDs you wanna hit it but your too afraid of the consequences that will fallow

Comment

disagree. I was doing 30km/hour in 3rd or 4th gear because i seen the cop parked.I went by the cop flew out behind me and BANG a improper muffler ticket was in my hand. If a cop doesn't like your car or knows your RHD(atleast where im from) they will will pull you over .
            Originally posted by Rainey94 View Post
            I feel the exact same way... Unless youre shifting at 4500+ You really shouldnt have any issues unless you have a Maxwell house can on the back... I personally believe it comes back alot to stereotypes. When a cop sees a fairly you guy in any import car with a load exhaust he will be far more likely to pull him over then the 55 year old man in his Ferrari 360 with a Tubi exhaust which may infact be louder

Comment

Originally posted by trickey1991 View Post
              disagree. I was doing 30km/hour in 3rd or 4th gear because i seen the cop parked.I went by the cop flew out behind me and BANG a improper muffler ticket was in my hand. If a cop doesn't like your car or knows your RHD(atleast where im from) they will will pull you over .

.....but you didnt even have a muffler at the time....
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by trickey1991 View Post
                Same here in Saskatchewan. Every car I've owned up to and including my current skyline I have been pulled over in and given random tickets just because I stand out from everyone else.
                '91 Skyline GTS-T

Comment

obliviously your doing something wrong, ive been pulled over numerous times, an called into the police station after i finished " breaking in my new 2 way diff ". Yet, i never gotten a ticket, not in my straight piped skyline or in my daily drove straight piped subaru.

Comment

If you don't want to get pulled and know your not going to get a ticket keep your car stock and obey the rules of the road. Most people with these cars have a tendency to speed a bit. Cops don't like rhd cars just for the simple fact everyone thinks they are unsafe.
                    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                      If you don't want to get pulled and know your not going to get a ticket keep your car stock and obey the rules of the road. Most people with these cars have a tendency to speed a bit. Cops don't like rhd cars just for the simple fact everyone thinks they are unsafe.
                      +1

Young kid + heavy foot + 400hp = recipe for disaster.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

The way I see it, if you really and I mean REALLY don't want to get an improper muffler ticket, or other illegal mods ticket, just build a kit car. The funny part is you'll be pleasantly surprise when you call for insurance pricing.

I'll never understand how you can have so much freedom, has to build a half ass car in your shed, but are so limited has to what you are legally able to do to your car.....
                        14 VW Jetta TDI
                        05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                        95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                        95 240sx ( powered)
                        89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                          +1

Young kid + heavy foot + 400hp = recipe for disaster.

I survived but I had 500hp not 400.
                          And the car was about 500lbs lighter than a skyline.

It's really less of a recipe for disaster than the media makes it out to be.

Teenage kids + texting is a far more common recipe for disaster, or even just everyone + not being attentive.
                          1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                          2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                          2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Wow, the hate for our cars is steadily growing out east. In Edmonton it's not quite as bad, considering we also have guys running around in juiced up "rig rockets" with 5" exhausts and spewing tons of black smoke and exhaust tones comparable to jumbo jets. I have had the cops follow me in my Skyline clear across town. I just drive like I'm 85 and they eventually get bored/pissed off that they can't legally pull me over and move on to harass someone else.

I think the bottom line here guys is to be a RESPONSIBLE Skyline owner, show the rest of the asshats out there that we are not F&F kids, and that the bulk of us are responsible adults. We respect our cars, our lifestyle, and the communities we invade (lol). I for one am dam proud of my car, even though it's a 22 year old beater. I should not be made to feel like I'm driving around in a big bag of weed, constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure Mr. Policeman isn't watching my every move.
                            1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                            -Bruce Lee

Comment

I found that analogy really funny lol. Just pictured a giant bag of weed Rollin on 20's with your head sticking out the top lol but ya. I agree with the responsible skyline owner bit. I actually had a cop admiring my car just followed beside me with his thumb up. If you don't give them a reason. Then they don't/can't hassle you. But I do get followed from time to time.

Comment

i've had my fair share of interrogations, random stops and even a complete removal from my car, brought to the cop car for "verification of my identity" and my friend being interrogated too. I have no criminal record, never had had a ticket or never gotten a ticket from those incidents. I always act polite to the officers and apologize for anything they find unfit. Cops are people too, and like anyone else, they wont take kindly to attitude. while on the other hand i dont condone what some officers do to skyline owners and myself, there is nothing wrong with asking for an officers identification and filing a complaint with him detachment. Its probably a better method than arguing with him, just ask for it after he's ready to leave lol
                                “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
                                X