No announcement yet.

" random highway stops"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an officer pull me over for no particular reason, and insisted I had open alcohol in the vehicle. I gladly let him search the car (which I had just cleaned out, and had only my jacket in the back seat), and he kept insisting I had booze in the car. No ticket, but I am sure he will be keeping an eye on me. Some cops are just dicks.
    '91 Skyline GTS-T

Comment

Yeah, it's going to happen. It's a gigantic game of cat and mouse. Last summer I got pulled over twice for "unnecessary noise" - the second ticket while waiting for my first court date. Ticket was thrown out (cars fully street legal) - last week I got my second court date - the cop actually changed the charge from unnecessary noise to smoke/smog.... all I can do is laugh.
      93 R33 GTST - DD
      97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
      2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

All you need is a support the troops bumper sticker or license plate template and they give you respect. (:

I remember talking to an RCMP officer when I was going for my written test that OPP are told to assume JDM / RHD vehicles drivers are suspicious and likely driven by drug dealers and car thieves. What a bad way to be stereotyped, right?

Also doesn't the ETR have its own private enforcement?
        Double track drift, yo.
        http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

^^ 407 ETR? No, it's patrolled by OPP.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
            ^^ 407 ETR? No, it's patrolled by OPP.
            Oh, really? Well that a suprise. Friends have been saying they've had no issues while going 130km down it.
            Anyone tried highway pulls yet? jk..
            Double track drift, yo.

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

I think the police are a little bit more lenient on the 407, but that's not to say that they don't pull people over for 15 over. It's all about the officer.
              The 407 was originally designed, and built, for a planned maximum speed of 120km/hr. Then just before it opened, the police got all up in arms about it, saying that the max. speed had to be 100km/hr because 120km/hr wasn't safe.
              That's why the 407 is so wide, straight and flat, it's a 120km/hr highway.
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Went to visit a friend in Waterloo not long ago (Mid December), he owns a RHD 91 Celica All-trac. We got pulled over as we left a Kelsey's restaurant at around 8 or 9pm.

Cop came over, just wanted to make sure we weren't drinking and driving, then said to my friend that he appreciates RHD cars for keeping officers safe during stops by keeping them further from the road when pulled to the right shoulder.

Not sure if this is a good thing but can't complain when dealing with polite cops
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I think it has more to do with age then anything ! If your young your just going to get pulled over alot. I'm 52 and I have yet to get pulled over in my R32 GTR. It is all tricked out and had methanol injection and I BLAST AROUND in it . I mean zero to off the dial between lights and still . I remember when I was younger , I was stopped alot in all my hot cars just to let me know they are watching me. When your old like me they don't look at you any more. LOL
                  " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

I wonder if a "grandpa hat and shades" will do the trick. lol
                    93 R33 GTST - DD
                    97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                    2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

What ever makes them think your more responsible and up standing, grey hair will help.
                      " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

Cops are people, too. They can be impressed by JDM cars like the rest of us. Albeit most of them are just looking to hit their monthly quota. lol.
                        Double track drift, yo.

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

So last Summer when I was coming back from the cottage I got pulled over in Madoc on my way back home after an awesome weekend. We had a three car caravan. As we were coming through town doing exactly 50 km I saw an OPP cruiser sitting at a stop sign with his right hand turn signal on. Well my 33 caught his attention immediately, and he quickly flipped his turn signal to left and aggressively forced his car behind mine and turned his lights on almost instantly.

I got mad.

I pulled over as fast and hard as I could and reefed on the handbrake, turned on my hazards rolled down my window and exited my car and approached his. He comes over his PA system and tells me to get back into my car, I comply with his orders. As I sit back in the car and wait for him to approach I see he ha one hand close to his side arm, and think to myself oh boy, here we go. At this point I have so much adrenaline coursing through my veins I could feel my hands start to tingle and shake. This Cop was in for a fight.

As he gets closer to the car he says the usual "license and registration please". I looked him dead in the eye and say "for what?" he repeats his order with a little more force in his voice, and I ask him what he pulled me over for, he repeats license and ownership and insurance again and I say "look, I'm not giving you anything until you tell me why you pulled me over, whats your badge number and supervisors name?" he says "listen buddy, if you don't provide me with your information I'm gonna arrest you!" Seeing that my irate approach was getting me nowhere fast I hand the officer all of my pertinent info and say "here, now are you gonna tell my why you pulled me over?". He says "Ya, you don't have a right hand drive sticker on the back of your car".

I literally started to laugh, he gives me a look of confusion, I say "oh where do you get one of those, the Ministry?" He looks even more puzzled now and I begin to tell him that the law states a RHD vehicle only needs a sticker stating that it is RHD if it does not have working turn signals. "I'll be right back" he says. So after a couple of minuets I get out of the car to have a smoke and observe the officer frantically typing into his PC and talking on his radio. He finally gets out of his cruiser, approaches me and hands back my info. "So I guess you guys don't see too many of these cars out here, whats the verdict officer?" He says that I was right, and that he was happy that he didn't have to take me to jail. I replied to him that I was happy that I could help teach him the law in regards to RHD cars. "Next time you get pulled over by the police try to not be such a smart ass". I went to shake his hand, he looks at me and walks back to his car. As I'm waiting for him to leave, he does a power u turn and squeals the tires and he's gone. Now I just have to make sure to never ever do anything wrong in, or around Madoc for many, many years.
                          '95 GTR

Comment

^ LOL that was actually hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                              2 Jay-Z swap with a 50 cent shot of NOS anyone?
                              I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

^ lol'd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X