Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB: Garrett GT2860's

Hey guys,

Decided to start an up to date group buy for anyone interested in purchase Garrett 2860's (-5 to -10) Garrett raised their MSRP price this spring and I want to have realistic prices to match.

As most of you know the GT2860 turbo's are a direct bolt on to the RB26DETT factory manifolds. Making it your best bang for the buck power upgrade out there! IMO. Retail used to be $1119.99 USD each, they are now $1242.99 USD each.

Normally prices would increase to meet costs but Garrett has offered some good prices for this group buy if we purchase 10 turbos (5 sets of 2). Slightly higher prices than the previous group buy DJ offered, but priced to meet the increased MSRP and we will be doing this in a very timely manner so everyone gets things together before summer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping:

Direct shipping to your door by Fedex Economy Express (1-3 day, anywhere in Canada) with insurance to cover everything!

For 2 Turbo's shipped, Pricing in USD.

Halifax, Nova Scotia - $95
    Montreal, Quebec - $85
    Toronto, Ontario - $85
    Winnipeg, Manitoba - $85
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - $95
    Calgary Alberta - $95
    Edmonton Alberta - $95
    Vancouver, British Columbia - $85

Customs:

Invoices attached will be priced low to save on customs charges. Likely in the $200.00 range per turbo, so roughly $40 customs/brokerage on a set of 2. Not included in the price, Fedex will charge upon delivery.

When will you see them?

We would like 3 days for processing and getting all orders ready to go. From there Fedex Express will pick everything up and have it to you within 3 business days! Total wait time of about 1 week. Or 1 & 1/2 weeks at the most.

Is there any hidden charges?

No! You pay us for the turbo's and the shipping charges, and customs is payed when it arrives at your door! Everything is listed in the price breakdown below.

When is this offer good till?

This offer is running until June 5th 2009, at that point if we have 5 applicants the orders will be processed and shipped to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Any model between -5 & -10 (please specify)
    - Pricing in USD
    - If returned 20% re-stocking fee will be charged
    - Warranty is still valid.

Pricing:

10 or more (You don't have to purchase 2, as long as 10 turbo's are purchased from Garrett)

$835.00 USD per turbo

or

$1670.00 USD for 2

20+ Turbo's (Same applies)

$815.00 USD per turbo

or

$1630.00 USD for 2

Payment:

Can be made anytime between May 6th 2009 - June 5th 2009

We accept EMT, Paypal, Certified Check or Money Order for internet purchases or Cash in person.

Please PM me for payment info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price Breakdown:

$815 - $835 USD per turbo
    $85 - $95 USD shipping anywhere in Canada
    $30 USD estimate for Customs, payed upon delivery

Total: $930.00 - $960.00 per turbo OR $1860.00 - $1920.00 for 2.

1. Braden @ JNS Imports - set of 2
    2. NismoS-tune
    3. RGB
    4. Mczues
    5. Mitch 32
    6. Ben @ JNS Imports

Cheers,
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

I read this on the Garrett site:

"Turbine housing has a unique "compact" 5-bolt outlet that is not interchangeable with traditional T25 5-bolt outlets".

This means my tomei turbo outlets which are the same as OEM will not fit?

Just to confirm, these are the 2860R (-5, -7, -9 or -10)? Ball bearing?
    Also, does this GB include actuators and hardware (Bolts, gaskets, ect)?

I'm interest in some though I would ride it out till the last week thanks to the slowly rising market.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Hey,

I will confirm but I believe many people use the Tomei dumps on these. If someone can confirm that would be awesome.

Yes they ball bearing. Forgot to add the R at the end. They include actuators, no hardware.

Any turbo shop will have the gaskets you need, likely for free and the bolts to match.

Thanks,
      1969 Cooper S. Restored
      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

If you can confirm this I will go on the list. I just need to decide if it's gonna be the -5 or -9...
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Tomei Dumps

I just put gt2860-5s in with Tomei Expreme manifolds and Tomei dumps. As far as I know everything was perfect, but Chris at RCTS in Calgary here would know for 100%.

Comment

Perfect thanks Doug. I will call chris tomorrow just to confirm!
            1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

I'll need to do more research.

I'm bad for impulse buying...... Otherwise I wouldn't have 2 ECUs, 2 other turbos, 2 sets or tomei turbo dumps, 2 cat back exhausts.... 2 GTRS!! lol I need to sell this stuff lol

Anyways, it kinda says here that the 5 Bolt patter is different unless I use another turbine option.

" Turbine housing has a unique "compact" 5-bolt outlet that is not interchangeable with traditional T25 5-bolt outlets. Turbine housing options allow turbo to be outline-interchangeable with other turbos using the traditional 5-bolt turbine housing. Housing fits over turbine wheel but actuator/wastegate fitment may need to be adjusted. "

I'd like help understanding the difference between the -5 and -9. Both are rated around the same power, though the -9 is dual ball bearing. Also, There are turbine options that grant larger turbine (from 0.64 to 0.86). What would I gain for this if I went with the -9? I'll do some more searching.
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

1. Braden @ JNS Imports - set of 2
                2. Nismos-tune - set(2) of GT2860R-5 or -9.
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  I read this on the Garrett site:

"Turbine housing has a unique "compact" 5-bolt outlet that is not interchangeable with traditional T25 5-bolt outlets".

This means my tomei turbo outlets which are the same as OEM will not fit?

Just to confirm, these are the 2860R (-5, -7, -9 or -10)? Ball bearing?
                  Also, does this GB include actuators and hardware (Bolts, gaskets, ect)?

I'm interest in some though I would ride it out till the last week thanks to the slowly rising market.
                  The unique, compact 5-bolt outlet is the GTR specific outlet, your OEM dumps will fit.
                  1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                  It'll run someday

Comment

And by the way Braden, those Poncam Bs are awesome and the cam gears look great!

Doug

Comment

Perfect Doug! How is the response of the 2860's with the poncams? Doing the exact same setup on a car we are doing right now. Hense myself getting in on the gb.
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Turbos

Are these turbo's basicaly the same as the stock ones , performance wise?

Comment

There's more than one size of turbo. -5, -7 and -9.

Search Garrett turbos on google to find their website and read up on them. I'm still trying to understand the big difference between the -5 and -9. It's odd that they're all the same price but different ratings?

So far, this group buy isn't heading anywhere. It would be nice to see some people get in on it
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            There's more than one size of turbo. -5, -7 and -9.

Search Garrett turbos on google to find their website and read up on them. I'm still trying to understand the big difference between the -5 and -9. It's odd that they're all the same price but different ratings?

So far, this group buy isn't heading anywhere. It would be nice to see some people get in on it
                            -5 = 47.2mm inducer
                            -7 = 44.5mm inducer
                            -9 = 44.5mm inducer

The -5 and -7 both have a 60mm exducer on the compressor wheel (Hence the GT2860R) whereas the -9 has a 59.4mm exducer.

The -5 and -9 are both stated to have the same horsepower levels, but it's clear from looking at the physical dimensions that the -5 will be capable of more power than the -7's or -9's. It's all hard to decipher, but I believe the -9's are the R34 N1 turbos, -7's are HKS GT-SS, and -5's are HKS GT2530's.
                            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                            It'll run someday

Comment

1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Working...
                              X