OMG, Nissan GTR beaten already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, Nissan GTR beaten already!

Toyota LF-A test mule unofficially creams GTR on Nordschleife @ 7.24!

Time to Nissan to roll out the V-spec STAT!!!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

I find it odd that the journalist did not mention the GTR at all.

Nissan made a big fuss about it during its (very) recent reveal. So it wasn't little known knowledge.
    ~Tonee

Comment

Great car, and a much different price point than the GT-R, so one would hope it would perform even better. It's good to see Toyota building performance cars again, I'm excited to see the LF-A in it's final guise.
      2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
      And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

It was bound to happen, nothing stays at the top forever. The new 2009 Corvette ZR1 is going to cream the GTR as well. 650hp, bigger brakes, more carbon parts. Its going to slay pretty much anything in in its path.

Comment

Too bad it's ugly as sin!! I do love the new horsepower war though!! MORE POWA!!!!!
          1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
          1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Merilious View Post
            It was bound to happen, nothing stays at the top forever. The new 2009 Corvette ZR1 is going to cream the GTR as well. 650hp, bigger brakes, more carbon parts. Its going to slay pretty much anything in in its path.
            the GTR is currently outrunning the lighter and more powerful Z06 by 7-seconds on the 'Ring, so Chevy will need all of the edge they can get. This higher horsepower ZR1 has a more heavy front weight bias so claiming 7 seconds back will be challenging for a car with what should be only around 100whp more.

And lets not forget. ZR1 is the best of Chevy, the GTR is the base model and the comparasin should be to a stripper version or V-SPEC III of the heavier platform.

Comment

FYI, the GT-R was never the fastest production car on the Nordschleif. As for production cars, here you are:

Porsche Carrera GT 7:28
              Porsche 997 GT2 7:32
              Nissan GTR 7:38:54
              Porsche 997 GT3 7:39
              Mercedes SLR McLaren 7:40

For more times, click here.

Just like it's unlikely for the ZR-1 Corvette to drop 7 seconds to match the GT-R's time, it's also very unlikely that the V-Spec version will drop the GT-R's time by 11 seconds.
              Eric Hsu
              motoIQ.com

Comment

A little birdie told me that GM blew up a few ZR1's trying to beat the Nissan time.

Wonder why they don't have an official time on the car - "yet". Even though they claim to be able to beat any car on any track.
                Sean Morris

Comment

Originally posted by XSDAILO View Post
                  FYI, the GT-R was never the fastest production car on the Nordschleif. As for production cars, here you are:

Just like it's unlikely for the ZR-1 Corvette to drop 7 seconds to match the GT-R's time, it's also very unlikely that the V-Spec version will drop the GT-R's time by 11 seconds.
                  Ya but look at the price difference........I hope they are faster.
                  Porsche Carrera GT $440,000. US
                  Porsche 997 GT2 $192,000. US
                  Nissan GTR $69,000. US

Comment

I don't think the new ZR1 will be significantly more front heavy.

I also think that 100WHP ought to add up to 7 seconds over 22km, that's only 0.3 seconds per km traveled, doesn't sound like much for 100WHP added.

the current z06 doesn't have much horsepower advantage over the GTR, and

the tire the car is run on affects the time more than just about any other variable, and in the end I don't think these numbers really matter anyways

they're both fast cars and I'd love to have either one in my garage.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by XSDAILO View Post

Don't forget the current record holder, the Zonda F Clubsport. Vid link http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...ng_record.html

Has anyone got a copy of a graph showing price versus lap time?

Dan
                      sigpic
                      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

What's the LF-A's price tag?

I'm guessing around $100,000 - $135,000??

Comment

Working...
                        X